Suggestion for future event BMs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ProfessorZtar, Aug 13, 2017.

?

Do you like these ideas?

  1. Yes, I like both ideas.

    8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes, but I only like the first idea.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but I only like the second idea.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No, I prefer being bored out of my skull trying to get the special items.

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ProfessorZtar

    ProfessorZtar Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2016
    Messages:
    817
    Likes Received:
    1,409
    Y'all need to stop with the boring gimmicks. They're fun for like... maybe 3 runs, but after that, they get boring. At least give us the choice of using the gimmicks or using our exocores, alright? I'm getting so tired of getting my exocores shut off to be forced to use some stupid item in a long, tedious BM that you expect us to play HUNDREDS of times just to try to get some special item. If I have to slog through some tedious BM, I would like to choose HOW I slog through it instead of being forced to play the BM in almost the exact same way over and over and over and over and over again. It's not fun, especially when the boxes these BMs give out have a 90% chance or so of giving only 3-day timed items that may or may not have better stats than what's in the shop, extra panics, crit stones, or gems instead of the items your after in the first place.

    What's the point of an exo-locked BM giving you items that give you +100 sp? How are you going to use SP when you can't use your exocore, and you can't use your HP regen items because you have to have the +luc items to HOPE to get multiple boxes per run?

    How about, instead of locking the exocores, you give us the ability to use our exocores the entire time from the start without it being some weird, barely functioning item that eats HP when you use a skill, hmm? Maybe have the items be a secondary way to get through the BM for those who don't have any good exocores yet, or just want to use the items.

    TL;DR - Give us a choice of using the gimmick items or our exocores instead of forcing us to use one or the other, ya know?

    =============================================================================

    Another idea would be to change how getting the special items is done. You can keep the timed scrolls in the boxes, but the other items used to unlock the better scrolls should be found in the BM itself, as item drops from the minions. Of course, you'll have to increase the amount of the items needed, but it'll be more fun overall to grab whatever special items you need for the upgrades from the minions instead of having to rely on getting super duper lucky with the boxes you pretty much only get one of without luc items. :v

    I'll use the current event BM, DH14 War, as an example:
    Instead of needing 3 spirits of Ice and 3 Special Memos to upgrade Ice Breaker SFV, you'd need 30 spirits and 5 memos. The normal minions you destroy on the way to the boss should all have a 30% chance of dropping a spirit of ice, a spirit of fire, or a sands of time, and 30% chance to drop HP items, and a 40% to drop nothing at all. The larger enemies would drop the special memos, but only at a 10% chance.
    So, killing the male androids gives you spirits/sands, and killing the iron armors and spiderbots gives you the memos.

    This will make getting the upgrades or special scrolls a little easier, and make the event bms a whole lot more fun overall.
     
    NeoStrayFox, dodobird123 and tamirtov like this.
  2. tamirtov

    tamirtov Clean Up Crew

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2016
    Messages:
    5,058
    Likes Received:
    9,188
    Nice ideas
    Support
     
  3. Gearman

    Gearman Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2016
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    197
    I'm just guess that the only reason the event boss modes still lock out exo-cores is because they still haven't fixed the electronic exo-core bug.

    I wouldn't mind if they made an event boss mode map that isn't draining on verda coins as it might bring back people to buy healing exo-cores to use in them, as well as, health point management like how it use to be, and people to learn how to clear the map without spamming coins and reviving people at reasonable times.

    An example, a lot of people that spam those coins don't consider that they should use them after Leopard's Slam Attack and not as soon as they see that you died when he's going to do it again.

    TBH, I would much rather have them do scroll updates than stupid summer version scrolls as both of those are basically scroll updates that are broken away from the source and forced to grind boxes for sfx. I, will say that the exo-cores are at least reasonable with special outfits and some of their abilities.
     
    tamirtov likes this.
  4. ProfessorZtar

    ProfessorZtar Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2016
    Messages:
    817
    Likes Received:
    1,409
    Yeah. Another thing they could do with the SFV stuff is to make sure there's always a carat option. Like... this time it could have been RS SFV for 60k carats, and last time should have had the Samurai SFV be 42k carats. :v

    Oooo they could make boss modes give extra boxes if you never die. Example: Jimmy and John play Vlad Hell, and get to the end. Jimmy died during the boss, so used a verda coin to revive, whereas John made sure to never get hit. Both are wearing huge luck sets, so they'll get maximum rewards when finished. Jimmy gets 4 boxes, but John gets an astounding 8 boxes. John was rewarded for being skillful and not relying on revives. This leads to people yelling at nimonix to fix things like the electric fence in DH08 which can kill you after the battle's over and make you lose out on your medals and extra boxes.
     
  5. Gearman

    Gearman Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 9, 2016
    Messages:
    235
    Likes Received:
    197
    That problem has been around I think during the Sanctuary with the black flames I guess by them not being linked to the boss they just keep on going even though it would be easy to write a simple script to say stop. Its not that hard they use a simple script to teleport weapons away from the player when D-H-WAR is over just this one will not have a bug that kills the player since its not linked to them.
     
  6. Draygashi

    Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), Clean Up Crew

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2016
    Messages:
    1,896
    Likes Received:
    3,137
    support
     
  7. KishinK

    KishinK New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2016
    Messages:
    22
    Likes Received:
    20
    Support. Actually sent them something similar to this.
     
  8. dodobird123

    dodobird123 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2016
    Messages:
    243
    Likes Received:
    336
    suppor af
     

Share This Page