Singles Moon, Team Glac and NHAA are the death of RF

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tengu, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Discuss

GeeJayJay likes this.
  2. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

Moon is my fav map since 08 that's why I play it . Glacier hmmm never liked glacier cuz its str8 exo spamm map . Nhaa in my opinion is neutral. Tbh almost every new map are not fun ,only 3rd rock from new maps is played by players . They have to make new maps Or even more ! They have to delete all maps and bring new maps.
    Moon is for normal / tryhard players
    Glacier is str8 for tryhards
    Nhaa is for every1

GeeJayJay likes this.
  3. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Being unable to change room title after room is already made is the death of RF

4. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

what about Third Rock

NeptuneBot and HumoLoco like this.
  5. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

btop me, nark
    jk plz don't, im bad

GeeJayJay likes this.
  6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

all of these map are trash expected glac and risk and dos plamas af

GeeJayJay likes this.
  7. ChromeBro

ChromeBro Active Member

cove is the best map ever

GeeJayJay likes this.
  8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

yet moon has no low drop ramps like China towns and rooftops curb and parking stoppers, breakable terrain like science lab and under con, or dangerous areas like the flame turret on magma tomb. Moon is good but there are a lot better stages.

GeeJayJay likes this.
  9. Wizna

Wizna New Member

I myself only Cove, but I'd say that's because it's the only map skilled players still play on. (this is my opinion don't thrash me n00b mooners)
    But if people start to branch out and play the other maps that you mentioned^ I'd be happy to play those too.

GeeJayJay likes this.
  10. SkitRf

SkitRf Active Member

The only time I play other maps is on team play. I play moon every single time I’m on rf but even that gets boring...

GeeJayJay likes this.
  11. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

I thought it was Nimonix’s fault with their lack of updates. There is also an incompetency with developing and managing their game. Then there is RedFox Games. Silly me.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
    GeeJayJay likes this.
  12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

90% ego

GeeJayJay likes this.
  13. Draygashi

If we had more room editing functions, I'm sure we could grow out of the 5 or less maps everyone plays.

If we had let's say... Room Title editing, Game Mode editing (switching from Battle Mode to Rumble Mode), or options that disable ExoCores and Pouch Items entirely, we could see a lot less of the same rooms being created. At the same time I don't see any of this happening though, as a mini-feature in the Rumble Mode rooms that let you switch from a mode like Moving Screen to KOTH was disabled to prevent glitching/hacking. NimoniX is honestly scared of change, as anything can and will break the game.

GeeJayJay likes this.
  14. [GM]Toast

[GM]Toast RedFox Games Staff Member

I never thought that editing room functions would help game quality. I will bring this up to the team and see what they think about it.

15. Draygashi

It would be glad to see some change, but at the same time we already had the option to change which type of Rumble Mode we would like to play after the room was created in the past. It was removed as it was used to glitch and/or hack.

GeeJayJay likes this.
  16. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

So, here's my take in all this for Battle Mode:
    -Stage hazards aren't too fun to play around, so all maps with stage hazards (Breakable floors/walls, things that damage you and knock you down, etc) are instantly disliked.
    -The 8 player cap means large maps aren't fun due to how encouraged players are to run away and spam giant, broken AoE exocores.
    -Maps without edges aren't used outside of 1v1's, and since those aren't popular anymore because of the babies with booters, those maps also suffer.

This brings us down to small / medium sized maps:
    -Symmetrical maps are boring to look at, so are picked less. However, they are good for Team matches since it (should) give teams equal footing so to speak. This is why Dos and Glacier are played the most in Teams.
    -Asymmetrical maps are great. They offer varied terrain, which is fun to traverse while fighting, but are not good for Team battles as it gives an unfair advantage to one team or the other. This is why Moon is played the most as a Free-for-all map.
    -Small maps with very little surface area (Sky Eden and Fortress for example) are no fun in normal battles, since you don't respawn and there's a LOT of instant-death area compared to the non-instant death areas.

Ideas to fix the issues:
    1) Adjust stage hazards so they DON'T KNOCK YOU DOWN / Instantly kill you. Things like breakable crates or little dart traps that cause you to flinch would be better.
    2) Adjust map sizes. Medium maps are as big as we need for this 8-player limit.
    3) Adjust terrain differences. The more area we have for drop juggles on more maps, the better. However, these maps still need areas for edging opponents so a drop juggle feels successful, ya know?
    4) Swap Sky Eden and Fortress in battle mode for Ancient Temple and Risky 2 in True Battle mode.
    5) Actually try to balance the skill items around the game instead of making more and more giant broken AoE exocores and scrolls with about 8 launchers and 7 fencing combos with i-frames on everything just to make more money from lootboxes.
    (You can still make the giant aoe exocores and overpowered scrolls, but instead of making them OP in battle mode, make them OP against NPCs and Bosses instead so we can actually ENJOY BOSS MODE. :3 #unnerfLM02vsbosses)

Personal opinion:
    True Battle mode is the best mode since it allows us to actually enjoy all the maps for a lot longer. It takes a while to HP people, but only an instant to edge them.

tamirtov and GeeJayJay like this.
  17. [GM]Toast

If additional room options were removed due to hacking issues, I don't know what I will be able to accomplish. I will ask our developers to put a little more faith into our community.

@ProfessorZtar I like your idea of no stage hazard maps. I believe these are things that can realistically be brought into our game.

18. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Game Mode: 100 Man Battle royale / Last Man standing.

Map: Vlad's Castle/Any Large DH Map

Lmao.

19. [GM]Toast

Rumble Fighter Battle Royale sounds like SO much fun...

Shana, tamirtov, ChromeBro and 3 others like this.
  20. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Come on toasty mi boy, you can do it...

GeeJayJay likes this.