Show of Hands

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HomelessEmperor, Oct 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. HomelessEmperor

HomelessEmperor New Member

Hello Everyone!

I'll try to make this as short as possible, so please bear with me.

You might be wondering, "Who's this and why are they narrating what I'm thinking?" Well, I'm no one special really. Just someone who used to play this game years ago. When it first came out around the OGPlanet days if I'm not mistaken. Trying to level up as fast as possible, playing against the best people at the time, waiting for guilds to come out, begging my mom for astros. Ah, the good ole days. Haha. Anyway, I found myself reminiscing about my gaming past (even longer story, don't ask) and memories brought me here. Now, I'm not at all familiar with any of the current meta, items, guilds, whatever, but I thought maybe I could spice things up here, as a sort of closure to a great part of my childhood. I'm not sure how often tournaments are held around here, if at all, and I'm not sure how many people are still playing this game, but if enough people show me they're interested, I'd love to hold a cash tournament. With the prize being around $200 - $600. I'll check this thread within 3 days and if I've seen enough people are interested, we'll get this kicked off as soon as possible. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask and I'll answer as soon as possible. If any admins feel this thread is in the wrong section, I will be more than happy to repost it in the correct one.

[Side Note: I wasn't aware that posts in General Discussion apparently take a long time to be approved by a moderator, so I reposted here. If there is a way to delete a thread that I missed, please tell me and I will rectify it ASAP.]

HomelessEmperor​

toons likes this.
  2. madaraxxxv

madaraxxxv Active Member

Be careful son it a lot of "DDosing"- "Knocking your router offline aka internet offline" so watch out out if you host a tourny.

But shoot me some astros :p

HumoLoco likes this.
  3. PartiallyGay

PartiallyGay Member

a show of hands would reveal that they have all touched a **** at one point

ThisWeaboo, BJJFromGJJ and Phawnix like this.
  4. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

If I win I'm giving you back the money to furnish your cardboard palace.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  5. lordpablo

lordpablo Well-Known Member

Personally i think an tournament would be dope for broke bums like me who don"t but rc cough cough who cant afford it also if so you gotta be strict on rule to make it fair among all the nubz

6. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

It would need rules yes, but strict rules make tournaments boring. No extremely OP rares for sure, no stats above 50 etc. but the problem with that is the "nubz" as they are so called, usually resort to ddosing/forcing lag. Think of a cash tournament like a Guild War times a thousand.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  7. NJSmasher

NJSmasher Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

I've personally thought of doing something like this myself if I had the funds for it. Unfortunately I don't think the community as a whole is ready for that kind of thing. Too much beef/salt/ddosing and not enough ethernet cables.

BJJFromGJJ and Phawnix like this.
  8. Yukoto

Yukoto Well-Known Member

If you arent strict bout ur rules, Im not gonna come. :<

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  9. HomelessEmperor

HomelessEmperor New Member

I may be able to handle myself if it did come to that. Thank you for the heads up.

As for the rules, I don't really have any in mind at the moment. As I said, I'm not familiar at all with the current meta of the game, so those of you who are, feel free to shoot some suggestions at me (as well as the reasons for them) and I'll consider them.

10. lordpablo

lordpablo Well-Known Member

To be honest it depends on the format to be frank i think the best but most generic which would be a normal moon with 8 man 1 mod to see who wins top 4 or 3 advance for rules every room should have 5 or 10 random scrolls bann to make it fair versa exo to say the stats really dont matter and rares are just kinda always bann no matter the event/format

11. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

A TOURNAMENT ON MOON LOOOL

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  12. Drevius

Drevius Comic Book Creator & Clean Up Crew

ima be honest with as much ddosing and the number of kids with booters it's not worth it

but i mean you're always welcome to try and host something

13. Rigamortis

Rigamortis Well-Known Member

Gift me 1krc instead of hosting this tournament
    - ign : Orgasm

14. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

It would be a good idea to play for a few months and get familiar. After a month or two I doubt you will still want to host a tournament though.

15. Yusuke

Yusuke Best Dressed

16. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

Are you dumb lmao do you know how much alcohol/drugs you can get for $600? Enough to OD about 12 times.

If you want to take this fools advice (I recommend against listening to anything this kid has to say) offer them food vouchers/gift cards things like that or donate to a local homeless shelter.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  17. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

If they have proof sure. Not those scrubs on the train pretending to be homeless to get money. Often times they spend it on drugs. You can get free food and shelter.
    Always someone asking me for money and when I really don't I'm called a lier.

toons and Phawnix like this.
  18. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

You're about as hollow and dead as the empty shell of last year’s nut, and I look forward to being present when you finally crack.