[ᴘᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ] Sacred Scroll & Set: Trigger

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Prizmo, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Yo! You want this scroll fully in-game or what?

1. Do you not see how awesome this scroll is? Of course I do!

90.0%
  2. No, I'm too lame to wield such raw power..

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Follow-up review (now that im drinking)
    -If youre suggesting that kG they are gonna recycle Tengo's K(G+K) so it already is like Tengo ;p Also its not entirely like it since you use a Low Kick and not the Fearless Mid-high kick.
    -With your new 3rd punch I strongly suggest you make PPPP a stun launcher. That particle effect screams death to your internal organs.
    -Idea to cut the PGK combo in the following
    -Change the counter's initial connection effect to be the Counter+P but make it a switch-up like Redemption THEN have it followed up by a P and/or K :cool: It would give the scroll a very unique mechanic only it really does thus making it stand out!
    -I like KK(G+K) over KKP as it is a kick anim. Otherwise just switch your PP(G+K) to PPK too.

2. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Ok, sooo.
    - Nah. The effect to me is like Hit from DBS where he would hit his opponent and there would be that pulse. Besides, the scroll already has two launchers. If I make a third, (maybe even a fourth) it'll be a bu launch.
    - PGK combo is staying until further notice. That's a mechanic I've been itching for for too long. Might change frames on it tho so it's quicker.
    - Damn, I thought about that when posting the scroll, but idk. It does sound good but what if users just want to do the back animation? I'll think about it, nonetheless.
    - KK(G+K) does sound like a good idea because I can use KKPP as a new combo. I was hoping to add some projectiles in the scroll (no, not op) but I'm hesitant because of Shana's words on the subject when Marang came out. Don't want this to start/add fire to the whole projectile war theory. Gonna keep PP(G+K).

Def gonna think on this. Tho. Thanks again.

3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Still drinking (Diet Pepsi's a hell of a mixer)
    -Just dont forget about the 6 combo max when adding that KKPP c:
    -The thing about suggesting a move that give you their back is its been done before on tempest (900 supports) and they changed it to be a tornado launcher instead because I assume giving back is too strong because really it is.
    -The mechanic of the PGK would still be there with the counter being the G input with the P/K follow-up. It also shaves off 2 (of 6) combos by sneaking it into your counter. With this elsewhere you can add that KKPP or swap your kG to K(G+K) to make a kG projectile.

Oh also Id boost the damages of both the KKKKK's float kicks and the KK(G+K)'s launcher. Also since the PP(G+K) damage and distance are/will be barely different why not move it from PP(G+K) to being the new counter+P so it goes forward while the counter+K goes "backward".

4. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

bump .

5. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

6. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Thinking about adding a bu launch KK(P)P/PP(K)K with the last input as a multi hit projectile and changing KKP --> KK (G+K)

Thoughts?

@RidleyPrime @Shana
    @Windstorm

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  7. Shamcat

Shamcat New Member

suuuuuuuupppppppoooooooorrrrrrrttttttttt asssssssf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prizmo likes this.
  8. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

KKP turning into KK(G+K) is alright, since there's PP(G+K)

Most flip kick launchers don't have bu-capabilities, and often bu-juggle capabilities come when it's a bounce launcher. A bounce launcher usually occurs when the attack is coming downwards.

It seems PP(G+K) is getting a rework as a juggle launcher, which is interesting. This can possibly be the bu launcher, since the explosion after the grab-hit can launch extremely high like Meriken. Grab-hits tend to be the exception when it comes to bu-launchers.

And as for the projectile as safety inputs for the launchers, I prefer the projectiles to be a kG input. Projectiles are more effective when it's available on its own. You can make that groundhit be a >>G too if you like that idea.

9. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

bump, did some editing, but not much changed.. yet..

10. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

11. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

A lot of things still dont feel right.
    PGK feels like it should function like Redem's kGP (switch-up), also it feel like it should be a PKK input
    PPPP and PP(G+K) both being backwards knockbacks makes the combos redundant and cheapens the value of both because of it. PPPP would make a great stun or PP(G+K) would make a better reversal.
    KKKKK floating off of the 3rd hit seems awkward, like if DHN could space it's like triple hit into separate inputs. I think it'd flow smoother as a KKK
    KKP would flow better after the 1st hit instead of the 2nd kick as a KP/K(G+K)

tl;dr good but some things could still be more perfect

Prizmo likes this.
  12. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Hmm.. yeah I can definitely change it to PKK.

I've been thinking about it, and it's a great idea to make PPPP a stun. What do you mean they knock backwards tho?

Not changing KKKKK again until further notice.

Explain further with KKP.

Keep up the opinions.

13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Sorry a better wording wouldve been they are both normal knockdown attacks.

Well on the KKP's 1st input it positions your body's right shoulder racing forward when throwing the right low kick so it's only a half body turn from the launcher's motion as it strikes with the left leg first whereas being a KKP it's a little .... ankles? It strikes with a left poke kick then does a 180->flip for the attack. Just awkward for me.

Also dont forget to add the default counter damage to your counter which I believe is either 70 or 74.

EDIT: I had other ideas for moving around combos after looking a 2nd time. Take what you like from them.
    kG -> K(G+K) to save combo space (its a 2hit and its the kick launcher)
    New kG to spice up the scroll. Always kinda thought your counter looked more like a kG dodge anyway.
    KKP -> G+K K (currently both counters are reversals) or as a kGK dodge->launcher
    PP(G+K) -> PPK & animation change (same elbow but different reward animation)
    [​IMG]
    PGK/PKK I think could be cut to prevent this scroll from being rare and so it's individual combos don't suffer from weak stun/recovery values. The combo is still present in the counter.
    I also have this anim if you find any neat use for it. Found it while looking for the above grab.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  14. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

More edits

15. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

Sht I never knew PGK was a thing lol.

16. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

The exo "Cancer" has a combo like this. That's what inspired it.

SacredSwordJr likes this.
  17. Tyesin

Tyesin Active Member

18. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member

Thanks 4 da support

Tyesin likes this.
  19. SacredSwordJr

SacredSwordJr Well-Known Member

OOO! Ima search cancer

20. Prizmo

Prizmo Well-Known Member