Rumble Fighter Spiritual Successor

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TheDL6Incident, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Arschgeist

Arschgeist Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Making 3D renders is my ******* job.
    Those are fully designed characters. Are you making a traditional 1v1 fighting game or an MMO fighting game? You're not designing the characters for the players. the Players design their own characters, on a blank slate.
    EDIT
    It's just the weird disproportions that are a detriment.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    lordpablo likes this.
  2. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

Okay, didn't proof read some of my sentences and then you proceed to take my statement out of context only further proving you're actually being disingenuous.

It doesn't matter about how it looks, its matter more about it being polished and playable. Because if looks make up 90% of a game, Anthem/Jump Force should be making a killing...which it isn't. Why? Because at it's core it is a lack luster game.

Also, Rumble Fighter sits on the precipice of being a MMO purely due to being PC based with out that it would literally be a party game.

doesn't mean you've been doing it for years, could mean you just started.

lordpablo likes this.
  3. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

We've been over this, not sure why he thinks he has a better shot at getting his game off the ground than Rumble Fighter considering this game already has a somewhat active fanbase... it really comes down to advertising, doesn't really matter what the product is if you can reach enough people. I just don't think they have the budget to reach as many people as it takes to build a game. No community = No MMO

If you want to make a game you're better off making a mobile app or something as your first shot, see how that goes then work from there... but this is RF FORUMS so no one listens to advice they just kinda... bash their head against the wall until things work out (=

Arschgeist and lordpablo like this.
  4. Arschgeist

And mainly the fact that VERTEXES isn't a f****** word.
    Along with everything that shows that you for sure don't know what you're talking about, MAKING mods doesn't mean you know how to develop a game. and you don't even create any mods, you just install them (to a high degree of failure even) and convinced yourself that you have any worthwhile input on the subject.

and Jump Force looks like SH*T

Phawnix and lordpablo like this.
  5. RumbleNomad

And you caught yourself within your own logic, now you've only proven that even with your 3D Rendering skills(Which means you're probably on a TEAM of people), that's not enough information to create your own game. So he shouldn't take your word for meaning anything as well.The only reason you could hand out a few pointers is because that is the limit of your knowledge. Also where did the high degree of failure statement come from, purely heresay. All in all I'm saying with your original comment that its minute nitpicky BS that doesn't count for much in the long run.

Agreed, it's like they shoved **** in the Unreal Engine and said happy birthday when they gave it to us.

lordpablo likes this.
  6. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Take it easy, you guys.
    I don't have any doubts, and I don't need people like @Phawnix to tell me if I'm gonna make it or not. I know what I'm getting myself into here.

7. RumbleNomad

Everything is chill, just having friendly discourse with individuals.

lordpablo likes this.
  8. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

If you've ever tried to build something from the ground up, you know that reaching people is the key to success.

I mean, look at Scientology ffs lmao that sht is bananas and look how many people they have...

$$$

lordpablo and Arschgeist like this.
  9. RumbleNomad

...You remember Cubeworld? I remember Cubeworld, hell it's still being updated to this very day. They got a bunch of hype as a "Minecraft Killer" but it quickly died down because they REFUSED to actively get a team of people so the development cycle slowed to a tortoises life span in cryostasis. However, they still manage to keep 125k people watching their twitter. Last update was January 26th.

I think he should start hyping it once we get polished visuals/animations.

lordpablo likes this.
  10. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

thing is, it goes from "passion project" to "pipe dream" reaaaal fast when you start throwing around phrases like "Rf Spiritual Successor"

...RedFox deletes any post remotely threatening to them, if they thought this game had a chance they would kill this thread in a heartbeat and as bad as they are at running games they have been doing it for long enough to know what's up.

it's not like I want him to fail, I'm just being real here... if this game is dope I'll be the first to drop money on it

HumoLoco, lordpablo and Arschgeist like this.
  11. RumbleNomad

I get where you're coming from, I mean just look at the history of Cuphead. They literally foreclosed their houses to publish their damn game.

lordpablo likes this.
  12. Arschgeist

You can't even fucking install MODS correctly. Just stop talking. Forever.

[​IMG]

lordpablo likes this.
  13. Arschgeist

why thank you.

14. RumbleNomad

I want to know how does one conflate "whenever something goes wrong" to a definable number of how many mods I install incorrectly without an actual number. You're looking more like a pubescent child talking out of their own rear-end then I do.

Mods are not infallible, because even with greatest of care taken that's why you always back-up your files. Now when I want to ask a Mod Creator, "why Mod X isn't working with Mod Y" They usually have the follow response of "I guess it's incompatible with this portion of the mod, you'll either have to have one or the other"

Please continue on and tell me how this is a high degree of failure...Oh wait it isn't. You never confirmed how many so therefore that makes it "heresay"

[​IMG]

lordpablo likes this.
  15. TheImmortalSea

TheImmortalSea Clean Up Crew

woah i didnt know **** was poppin off

TheDL6Incident likes this.
  16. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Lmao mega man.
    We just need one base character base model to test small game before we can start the big one. We can add more options such as you can choose the body to match your standard in later.
    The one you showed da reference is the average guy but still good example.

Now let's look at "Keep the body slim and neutral, it just makes it harder to work with clothes in the future."
    Let me tell you. That's false. It's possible make a different size body with one clothes implemented. You just lacked the potential of the game engine has offered. If you don't believe, then possible one of your programmer or you were taught by the game development is the shet and no brain.
    That's for now. Why can't you think about the available of body you can pick to play?

17. Arschgeist

First off, "Heresay"
    [​IMG]
    2nd, You've had 2 chances to even spell it correctly.
    3. You sound like a kid who just learned a new word and won't stop trying to make it fit into every sentence.

And what you're saying is you don't even know enough about casual modding to figure anything out yourself without asking their creators directly. That makes you less than qualified to even breathe another word about this with any sense of authority, let alone contribute to development. But please go on being a human waste of space on this thread, you illiterate mongoloid.

Also I never said it was impossible to make clothes, just that RF is made for simple content output and it's not a bad model to jump off from. but f**k streamlined consistency right?

lordpablo likes this.
  18. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Nice TLDR version you made. You know RF still using old game engine and it has limited potential?

They will.

lordpablo likes this.
  19. Arschgeist

Nice reply, you know game Engine has nothing to do with the menus, stores, sales models, or customization? And is literally only the groundwork for how a game PLAYS? Which I never mentioned once?
    Gee it's almost like you have no fucking idea what you're talking about or how to read. (No offense)

lordpablo likes this.
  20. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

"Gee it's almost like you have no fucking idea what you're talking about or how to read."
    yea that's true cuz i dont give a fuck but i know what you talk about without read it. That's the true humo.

Ever you try different things with game engine when come with 2d, 2.5d, and 3d game? Nope not at all they could offer to cover what their game to supposed to be expect.

Its depend on people who prefer to c#, c++, java, python, and more shet ugly code languages. Not at all game engine could offer they only have available what the code language is going to be used in game engine. For example, Unity offered c# and javascript. but you know nothing about c++'s potential. c++ and c# can be combine together. unreal engine offer c++ only but they still can be combine with c# cuz its c++.

fuck the java, python, all ugly code language ever i learned.

Now, Unity has offer the asset where you could use a better tools for example you need rewired you can get it from asset you dont have to create one it's really save your time. You can buy the model from other person in the asset store which is awesome features unity has offer.

Now what do you mean game engine has nothing to do with the menus, stores, sales models, or customization? Really, you have to make your own menus, stores, and customization in game. unless if you want to sell the model you can sell it on asset.

There's no limited. But rumble fighter's game engine is the limited ever i seen it. Look at what has Nimonix done to us since 2007. Think hard.