RidleyPrime's Long Awaited Giveaway [Winners Posted]

Discussion in 'Player Events' started by RidleyPrime, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwennifer

Gwennifer Member

It's a bit buggy at the moment, the end PPKPK transition is very jerky, but, I like it overall. It's certainly stylish.

It feels like a pretty above average 1v1 scroll that was designed and balanced as such, but it's missing a lot of 1v1 tools. Wut is there is good, but wut's not there is, well... and there's a lot not there. Unless there's some bugginess/core combo (like Dragon's KK/KKPP spam) that I'm missing, it has no pressure at all, for what I see as a punch-based scroll. The peripheral range felt really wide from what I've seen--like it was impossible to drift around. Many new scrolls are like this and it doesn't really affect anything, but it makes it a lot less fun to fight.

Honestly, the lack of any kick-based pressure or even kick-like hitstun on the later punch hits like how Fearless is setup hurt its effectiveness in 1v1. The first kick hitstun wasn't very prominent, either--I didn't have a lot of time to tangle with it, but Parkour was able to out-hitstun its first kick. I personally feel Parkour's first kick hitstun is only slightly above average, so this is pretty worrisome to me, since scrolls like Shoot Boxing or Lightning DO have amazing hitstun and it *feels like* Volt has no answer to that or any pressure.

I don't see damage potential as being very high, either, but damage popups are still weird so who knows. Either way, there's not a high number of hits or a lot of fast hits, so it feels weak for BM, too.

I think Volt is just going to join the group of stylized B-tier scrolls RF already has going on with Krav Maga, Stalker, Agent, Agni, Dirty, and the like.

Speaking of, I can't decide between Volt and Dirty. Dirty was very clunky the last time I used it, even though it's OK. I'd prefer Volt.

IGN is Ayoruroki :O

2. Bored

Bored Well-Known Member

IGN: Farukon

Volt's grab is fucked

But it's still cool

BJJsucksJJJgood likes this.
  3. Carelesskid27

Carelesskid27 New Member

IGN: Tyga
    I most definitely want Volt, I believe that it looks dope and I love everything about it TBH.
    I love the lightning effect and how much pressure it puts on opponents. Makes it an excellent scroll overall.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  4. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

are you saying it is hard to drift around someone using volt or it is hard to drift with volt?

although it was nimonix who ultimately made the scroll, i originally wanted the third hit of the punch combo to let you slide back like muay boran's/pencak to give it both more offensive and defensive capabilities due to its lack of a kick combo (which really wasnt my fault since Lars doesnt really have a lot of kick based moves in tekken i could use)

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  5. teeny

teeny Well-Known Member

i wonder how badly nimonix will screw up dream buster

6. RidleyPrime

RidleyPrime Creator of Volt

-volt's grab is a two hit aoe that you can walk/panic out of (you can panic the stomp part)
    -the last hit of every move knocks back the opponent but you stay in place, causing pkk to look really weird (flip kick in place) upside is that you dont have to worry about juggling yourself off the map
    -becasue the counter is LITERALLY the same as the Kg, you dab forward a short distance when you counter. this means its really risky to counter when near an edge/the bridges on moon as you will fall off
    -even in training mode the grab animation for the >>g looks wonky. you never perfectly align well with the opponent. honestly this looks and feels rushed.
    -on moon, if youre on the left side cactus and someone is directly above you on the higher platform >>g will cause you to throw them through the map and off the stage (go to the 3:19 mark in the video i linked to see what i mean)
    -the grab animation for ppkpk ends a tad short. as a result the opponent is technically in the air for like .1 seconds, which means someone can follow up with a dash skill from an exo or possibly even a juggle. this is also the reason why you cannot follow up with a ground hit, becasue the opponent recovers before you do(i think)
    -for some odd reason you can only ground hit after juggling them or landing at least the juggle launcher. but if you launch them and use the ppkpk combo you cant ground hit (becasue of previous point)
    -the invisibility frames on the Kg feels shorter than the actual animation. I dont mind that much becasue Kg covers a lot of distance anyway
    -the ppkpk grab, counter, and regular grab all use blue effects, but Kg k uses red effects

im pretty sure i or someone can make a list stating all the pros, but this is just a list of all the bugs/weird things i found. hopefully some of these can get fixed like the grab and >>G

NeoStrayFox, M4cropod and tamirtov like this.
  7. DaDeadMaster

DaDeadMaster New Member

Ign: DaDeadMaster
    I don't have volt
    It looks a solid scroll, the effects looks insane and I'll glad to have one

8. Bored

Bored Well-Known Member

The >>G reminds me of Inner Fire

Gonna try to abuse it like Eagle Claw's kG

9. BJJsucksJJJgood

BJJsucksJJJgood Active Member

No sir
    A BJJ is a scroll everyone thought would win but when it doesn't everything they said about it previously is false and every other scroll is has more time or whatever that dude said than BJJ

A Rekka is a scroll everyone thought would win and still think is going to win because popular vote.

10. Controversial

Controversial Well-Known Member

Ign Envy
    I haven't seen volt in game yet but I think t favourite aspects of the scroll are its counter and gmode frame

11. Keanu

Keanu Well-Known Member

IGN: Keanu
    Item: Ice Blaster
    Volt is a pretty interesting scroll from what I've been seeing and I'm liking the amount of mixups you can accomplish with it. also major congrats on getting it into the game.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  12. Xinybaws

Xinybaws Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it at all. mostly cause i stopped playing
    but free stuff is cool ;) oh and congrats!

IGN: Xiny

13. gnizzo

gnizzo New Member

i want it lol

14. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

IGN: tamirtov
    I haven't saw Volt yet but it looks cool.
    I want Volt.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    BJJsucksJJJgood and Flamekiller like this.
  15. Benoon

Benoon Well-Known Member

IGN - Benoon.

Item - Asura.

Grab - glitched. the aoe is meh.
    Counter - fine. can be punished w/ namnu if you try to add a gh.
    PPPP - Bad angles, delay isn't good, speed average, hitbox trash, range average.
    PPKPK(Main) - Bad angles, delay isn't good, speed above average, hitbox trash range average. doesn't have knockback nor knock range, can be punished.
    KPP Launcher - fact that it has fang's first K as the openning makes it decent, altho the second P is terrible. the last P angle is fine, delay is trash, speed average hitbox fine.
    KPKK - not too fancy, the type of combos people won't use cause it's too risky.
    KG PPP - KG can only be used properly by drifting. the invincible frames r not good. the PPP barrely connects, it's range goes too far.
    KG K - simple gh. note that after PPKPK(MainCombo) you can get namnu punished if facing front.
    >>Z - It's fine against good airgame players, altho >>Z takes long to do and will get predicted at some point.
    Namnu doesn't have knockback range nor fence edge.

overally, scrolls recycled, doesn't suit my playstyle and is currently bugged.
    Atleast stance is cool. xd.
    B tier.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  16. Gwennifer

Gwennifer Member

Hard to drift around, but I really was only that up close for 1.5 rounds out of 3 sets so I really couldn't say for sure.

17. M4cropod

M4cropod Well-Known Member

IGN: M4cropod

I bought Volt as soon as it came out, because I like a lot how it looks, although it has its bugs. The most depressing one being the KPKK combo and its last hit (I talked about it in the other thread). It also feels different to play with than other recently released scrolls. You don't get the feeling that this scroll is playing itself, which is a positive for me.

I am sure looking forward to playing the scroll more and more these days and who knows - maybe I'll be picked. If that is the case, I'd gladly take Asura :D

18. MoonFenix

MoonFenix Member

IGN: MoonFenix , want Asura
    I've seen Volt once in a game. It's like that bully in high schools - looks strong but suffers from crippling depression on the inside.

19. Robito

Robito New Member

IGN - Robito
    Item - Born (1010 rc)
    Volt's aight

20. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I sold Volt ;'>

cuz too much for me to ez everyone and even 1v1 tho.

the best 1v1 yet.

the perfect for damnit drifting too much.

it has advance juggle :>

good damage dealt.

the perfect counter time like pencake.

cheapest moves I ever had.

and sold volt. af.

If i win. You keep that money cuz I owe you one back in :>

ign HumoLoco

tamirtov likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.