RF Online 2 or another thrown update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stauro, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Darkon001

Darkon001 Member

Seems promising ...if its even true. Animations and models need loads more work though.
    Either way, as rf has seen more wishful thinking than it could ever handle, better leave this as it is
    and focus on things that can/should be done now. Until this hits us right up in the face ^^'...if that ever happens.

2. europeter

europeter Active Member

I dont even care for graphics, the main reason that i pray for a new Engine for this game is the multiple-core processor support. And fix map bugs of course.

3. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

I hope this is linked to the fact that your computer lags when loading even one armor @_@

4. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

Loading lag when something new enters view is usually related to disk reading speed and fragmentation (magnetic discs). Upgrading to a SDD should help

5. NINJAFoxHound

I have a SSD (and a mDisk on the laptop), and the issue is still there. Not sure what causes it, but it's what old players call "race lag".

6. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

duno, i only have 2 situations when i get lag in game - when i run to a chip in cw for the first time and there are 30+ players there.
    and when i run up to a tree in jetson for the first time. i don't have a ssd though :(

7. europeter

europeter Active Member

Im talking about my pc being capable of running Planetside 2 on ultra at 60 fps with 200+ players on my screen, but cannot run RF with more than 20fps during CW at the Chip with 50 players, with effects and everything turned off.

Because while my processor have 4 cores, the game insists in using only one of them.

This gif represent my thoughs...
    http://i.imgur.com/mV9bFz7.gifv

8. NINJAFoxHound

Yup, add on top of that some unoptimized code, and you have it :p

9. Unknown

Unknown Member

I prefer them right.

vandd likes this.
  10. Krasipeace

Krasipeace New Member

the official-official site of the company CCR is www.ccr.co.kr

in which you will find the official-official korean RF online (use chrome for translate): http://pub.game.daum.net/rfonline/index.daum
    in which you will see that there are no official russians/americans/africans and so on servers different from the korean one.

But at the end you will see that the version on this site is no different than your version or another version official-official version... so dont worry no RF 2, RF3 RF 666 or rf 5000 anytime soon :) Enjoy RF 2006 ugh i mean 1.5 part 6 episode 7 veresion 2.3.4 or w/e someone imagination desided to write. ;)

11. NINJAFoxHound

There will be an uprising when you will see that a +5 upgrade has like 6% chances of success, or if you happen to know that T6 gems that give "tremendously better chances at upgrading" are in fact like +0.5% chances XD

12. nosheet

nosheet New Member

will that happen in my lifetime or for my grandchildren to play? XP

Lingueeni, Nanas and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  13. Lingueeni

Lingueeni Active Member

Knowing how slow Rf online progress outside Korea. Yea.. maybe in 2040....

14. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

this is one of the nuances that make me love this old duct-taped game. race lag is a perfect example of an unintended mechanic that new players wont know or find written anywhere. additionally there are locations in maps that recreate the same type of stutter but the seasoned players know where these are already also.