RF Diary: Chapter 2 - Pre-OGP Forum Days ~SamWay

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Comoros, May 21, 2018.

1. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

Sometime early 2008, 2008
    During early 2008 I was 12 years old. As you can imagine, I was a huge ******* back then, just like any other preteen. I had an extremely unrefined moral compass back then - I remember scamming people and doing tons and tons to glitch or cheat in RF (such as caged beast and w/e). Although I do not like using the term, you could have considered my past self a "troll". I found amusement in belittling others and scamming them.

Oh well, I would grow out of it. Eventually.

I played a lot of Glacier Cove, my favorite map by far. That rooftop stage was my second favorite for some reason. At this time, I was introduced to NHAA and NHTT after wanting to try out moving screen. I joined and like literally played though, I got people upset. I think I got kicked from a few rooms before somebody explained to me what NHAA and NHTT was. After hearing the explanation, I was so down to do that because 1) trying to get carats at the time took f o r e v e r and 2) i was a 12 year old kid and my parents would beat me if I tried to buy unreal things on an online game. As detailed in the previous diary entry, my first purchases were TKD and ninja spirit (and I guess soul fighter class; I originally selected alchemist). Fun fact: RF was my first exposure to alchemy and I had a hard time remembering the class, and I remember referring to it as "elemelchamist" often.

After doing enough NHAA and NHTT, I faced one of the most challenging things that was actually a hot topic at the time: Mao Gong or Shaolin? These scrolls were the most expensive carat scrolls at the time. One scroll had the BEST angling and delays in the game at the time. The other scroll made you look like a cat.

Guess which one I picked?

I decided to spam the >>G all day long for sure.

My memory is a little fuzzy at this point, but only because I forgot who I'm about to talk about. I made a new friend playing glacier once. Some girl, or a guy playing as a girl character at least. I think it was a girl though, I added her on Pokemon Pearl and we voice chatted on that and I heard her. Probably a girl, or just like a high pitched dude. I don't know. She was pretty chill though. I remember logging in, instantly messaging her to play, and we'd play for a long while each day. But, that friendship was broken. This will be detailed later. I had new friends to make anyway, joining the forums and all.

Up next: RF Diary: Chapter 3 - Exposure to OGP forums, primordial identity ~SamWay

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    tamirtov, waynelewy and doston8 like this.
  2. TheImmortalSea

TheImmortalSea Clean Up Crew

3. grabmelemonpoos

grabmelemonpoos New Member

4. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

How you gonna leave me with a cliff hanger like that? I want to know why the friendship broke damnit :(

5. Comoros

Comoros Well-Known Member

you will soon find out

6. EmberCelica

EmberCelica Well-Known Member

7. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

NHTT? Never heard of that one b4

HumoLoco likes this.
  8. xSanta17

xSanta17 Splitter

wow neat i like this samuraiiiiisaac

9. WhoYu

WhoYu Well-Known Member

Wow, why my post explaining NHTT got Deleted?

10. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

run dual monitors with wall mount for that sht b or ultra wide
    looks nice tho

11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

That's old word for old gen.

NHTT = No Hit Til Top.