Reviving the game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kurama, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Escha

Escha Member

We'll just have to see after a few more years. We need to offer up an agreeable community, a well-thought-out series of content suggestions, and an extensive list of bug fix requests that any competent gaming company cannot refuse.

If I were one of the executives or developers, I'd be dissatisfied with the how the community is portraying itself.
    Ergo, no real motivation or urgency to add substantial content. Who knows, maybe NimoniX just has a creativity issue and they disagree with most of the content suggestions that we are offering so far.

We just need to act a little more civil and less pessimistic for the next few years. If they still don't give us new substantial content (i.e. new re-playable content), then it's not our fault and we'll have to wait for Rumble Fighter to move to a better company that does care.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  2. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Living in the past = history repeat itself. dont your school teach you that?

GMs dont give a fuck about us, so in exchange we dont give a fuck about them.

How about you. Go tell them how to improve the game. and make a suggestion. and tell us about it. we will see about it.

HYTNANO likes this.
  3. Escha

Escha Member

To be fair, we aren't going to convince NimoniX executives with that kind of attitude. They probably don't view the community so highly; they probably view us as just a bunch of trash talking youngsters without enough civility to convince them that we are worth bringing in new content or worth the accuracy and punctuality that's expected from high level admins.

If we can show them a higher level of civility and post extensive and well-thought-out suggestions and records of our UX, then maybe we can convince them. If we don't convince them despite our hard work, then that will prove your premise.

All we need to do is show them that we are worth their urgency.
    Moreover, I want to help revive Rumble Fighter with as much effort as I can in my spare time.

All things considered, I think Rumble Fighter still has a lot to offer.

4. Kurama

Kurama Active Member

I believe we tried that approach and we was still unheard.. Nimonx has been very sloppy over the past years maybe they need a power house Dev too take control or partially because everyone agrees this game has potential to go somewhere hell maybe someday make it to big platforms of fighting games This game is a mixture of smash bros, tekken, and bloody roar , with anime tech style to me personally. That long period when we didnt have any update for like 2-3 months that couldve been the time where the devs push on creating something fresh adding something fresh to the game. whether they dont view us highly or not they have to give what the people want. has there been times where we asked for things and got it and we turnt out disliking it? yes most likely because it wasnt properly executed. Plaza for instance.. there is only 1 mini game when it shouldve been more. it should have gave us instore npc that we can run to and buy things from only plaza then within the plaza shouldve been different hubs to do the boss mode story. I also have a whole rumble fighter story that could be rewrote or turned out ina better way i might make another thread for it but yea..

5. Escha

Escha Member

I'll probably think of something that might get their attention. NimoniX probably has a creativity issue in regards to how they want the Rumble Fighter lore to turn out and the kind of new content to go with it.

Like the Plaza you mentioned. For example: in my opinion, they should of made the Plaza look like it's under construction like the map "Under Construction" with an NPC greeter that keeps players up to speed. Players would believe that content is in the works and they would be a lot more patient, less aggravated, and less likely to leave.

Rumble Fighter really could be one of the hidden gems that could end up being one of the highest grossing MMORPG powerhouses if NimoniX plays their cards right. I'm talking Runescape and Maplestory level recognition and revenue that's expected of a populated PvE MMORPG. They are smart to not sell Rumble Fighter yet.

I think everything will be fine on our end if we point out the strengths and weaknesses of Rumble Fighter into cohesive forum threads rather than a patchwork of rants, complaints, and fad content suggestions.

(Though I'd like to mention with no disrespect of course, it might be helpful if you also polished up your syntax, spacing, and grammar. I also dislike grammar nazis, but I see no other reason for NimoniX executives to overlook a block of text that doesn't seem interestingly readable. I'd hate to see good ideas being overlooked because of how a post is written.)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  6. Escha

Escha Member

7. Escha

Escha Member

I get where your perspective is, but no one plays any other map other than Moonlight Valley, Dos Palmas, Blacktop Melee, Random Map, or Reverse Demolition. The other maps and rumble modes are already collecting dust until there's an event.

A lot of other Scrolls and ExoCores are starting to collect some dust as well.

There are not a lot of players in the lobby and the standalone content is too weak to keep players around when there aren't any other players to lobby with or after they've beat all the Boss Modes. What I'm saying is Rumble Fighter needs to fix a few things before considering adding new maps and game modes.

Rumble Fighter feels like an incomplete game that has enough base content to keep people loyal despite the fact.

The following post is a list of what I mean: http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/reviving-the-game.51475/page-2#post-494331.

(Though I still need to list the content ideas later, the content I will be advocating for will be as if it should've been in the game when the Plaza was first created. Nothing over the top or outlandish. I think people will agree once I make the list.)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  8. Escha

Escha Member

The reasons those maps are good is not new to me, neither the meta that comes with choosing non mainstream scrolls. I've mentioned before that we need more maps like Moonlight Valley and not just a reskin of the same map.

I am not advocating a traditional MMO like FFXIV or WoW; I am advocating for additional content where you are able to free roam to different places like Maplestory or Ragnarok Online without the massive open world aspect found in other traditional MMOs or open world games like Skyrim.

I was talking about improving the standalone PvE Boss Mode incentives so that when there aren't a lot of players in the PvP Lobby, players don't quit, and there's some end game accomplishments and rares that come with the game, not just from events.

For example:
    • The only way to earn a lot of carats at the moment is spamming Al Hata or D-H-08 for 10 hours everyday, or waiting for Fisticuffs to earn a 50K Carat coupon
    • Boss Mode chests don't contain anything worth opening like perm Boss Mode rares
    I'm not saying Rumble Fighter is not a fighting game. What I'm saying is there's no content for the empty Cafe portion of the Inventory, there is no content or introduction in the Plaza, there are no intermediate tutorials in addition to the original tutorials, the medal shop is basically empty, there is no standalone incentive for Boss Moding, Rumble Fighter still has bugs and UI issues, Rumble Fighter also has lore issues, etc.

We only use about 5 maps in Battle Mode. We have over 30 maps we aren't using. Players rarely use the Random Map. We only play Moving Screen out of the 7 other modes we aren't using.

I do have ideas on how to convince people to play the other game modes, but adding new maps and new game modes at this time is only going to add more to the unused list.

However, I digress; posting a content suggestion list is better than talking about what Rumble Fighter lacks.
    I apologize. I'm sure you will like my suggestions; I am not against having more maps and more scrolls.

HYTNANO likes this.
  9. Escha

Escha Member

Yep, a plaza/free-roam/rewards system, a better beginner system and some advertisement. Exactly my point.
    I apologize if I sounded defeatist when I said "added to the unused list". I agree that it's the community's collective opinion of what maps are best. It's just nobody plays the other modes and therefore they are unused. Convincing players to start playing the other modes still seems like a good idea; I have a few ideas lined up about that. We'll just have to see how things play out in the next few years.

10. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Can't have fun 1v1ing anymore -- all the regulars left..sigh..

11. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

For months! Likee there may be a room open every now and then but I have to make them and it takes like 10-20 minutes for someone to join in!

12. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO
    Same, kind of why I join another room when I play Moonlight Valley. They really do need a better introduction so more people can stay.

@Maomi
    Mb Maomi, wish I could help with that. I 1v1 every now and then, been focusing on Boss Moding though lol

13. Kurama

Kurama Active Member

@HYTNANO
    @Escha

You guys are hitting it right on the nail man. I also support your plaza/free-roam/reward system, also the idea of nimonx making a unfinished plaza that would've been the smart. If the Devs are having creative issues I believe they should really take a deep dive into the community, with all the toxic and negatives things that are spewed through the forums there should be some Pinned Ideas that the community all agreed on to be fix and also give a solution of what we believe might work and how to go about it. HYTNANO brought up those 5 maps that's been RF "go-to maps" and I feel like there're many ways to create different maps revolving around those maps rather then just reskinning them. I also think that it should be a weather setting implemented in the game changing maps from rain/snow/ night/day etc.

Escha and HYTNANO like this.
  14. Escha

Escha Member

Glad we've found a common place to agree on. Thank you for agreeing to make the Plaza look like it's under construction to make it look like content is on the way. An NPC Greeter dialogue would be nice telling us stuff. Weather changes in the Plaza would be cool. Though I'd keep the Moonlight Valley and Glacier Cove reskins. We just need similar maps to those 5 maps with their own unique continuities and reskins. It'd be a bonus if they could make a Random Moonlight Valley-style map and a Random Blacktop Melee-style map if they do add more maps.

15. MasonBotz

MasonBotz New Member

Fix the game by selling it!

Draygashi likes this.
  16. TheeGoat

TheeGoat New Member

Facts, today is my first day back from years ago and the community doesnt seem to be all in on RF like we were back when i started playing in 09 10. Lets bring it back old heads lmao.

Tengu, Kurama, SwankZX and 1 other person like this.
  17. SwankZX

SwankZX New Member

The fact that were actually old heads now is the craziest part. This game has been apart of my life since I was 12... Im 24 now. Some would say "give it up, it's time to turn a new leaf". I say, "Rumble until the world shakes, the fight continues".

18. ReadyPlayerOne

ReadyPlayerOne New Member

Same. Started when I was 12 back with OGP in 07/08. I honestly never cared about the social aspect of the game and rarely talked anyway so never had any issues with toxic people back then. Played a few games for the first time since OGP within the last week and the players seem the same lol. But then again I don't get hot headed or cause trouble.
    I definitely agree with
    To add, I'm not a fan of the air panic. Confusing as heck.
    Other than that, if the game just had more people playing I wouldn't care. The only thing I care about it fighting, all the events and extra stuff doesn't matter.

19. ShinoAburame

ShinoAburame New Member

Listen to Kurama!

20. StyleCheck

StyleCheck Active Member

#reviverf2021

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021