Returning player on a nostalgia trip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 9dNostalgia, Aug 1, 2020.

1. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

Hello 9dragons players and redfox.

I played 9dragons acclaim in 2007 when I was very young. Back then I was mainly grinding chars in Shi zang & zhengzhou until raising light, then rerolling a new clan/roll. I was very fascinated by the clans with their different themes and most passionate about the heavenly demon.

Now I am back to play for some nostalgia and got a couple of questions.

First of all I'm using this guide: http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/9dragons-awaken-beginners-guide.48413/
    Is it up to date?

- What's a suitable class & role for a high ping europe player? I assume the servers are hosted from america, right? I like to play warrior but I also notice that my heavenly demon warrior struggle to start the active kung fu on mobs. I click with mouse on mob once to target then the A-button several times to get my char in the close position where he can finally start attacking.

- The summer event buff with for example +15 k hp and VE seems completely OP in low levels. I remember playing with a few hundred VE using smashes for DPS and basic clan active kung fu (1-2 VE cost).

- What level active kung fu should I use now and is smashes worth for pve before I reach end game / kunlun?

- What items should I loot?

- What's the first armor sets I should get?

- I saw 15 x exp card in hefei; where do I get those?

2. Sedolh

Sedolh Active Member

Which server are u?

3. dmbpleleo

dmbpleleo New Member

Bro, I'm the same. An old player trying to get a bit of nostalgia, but totally overwhelmed by so much information.
    I'm lv 59, Tao server.

Any tips on how to progress?

4. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

I am on Tao. Now just below lv90 with most time spent on mob grinding and some time spent to do 3 chapters of RTD.

5. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

My gear is true dragon saber and 4 of 5 parts superior set of hell, pants missing after a dozen purple hell valley runs.

6. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

The new character starter basics remains on point, but the gear recommendations could use some update since we had new content added to the game since I wrote that guide.

This happens whenever the the target mob moves(flees?) away from your position as you attempt to activate your active attacks, and the game registers that the distance between you two is greater than the permitted range of your active attack (usually 1.0), thus your active attack cycle does not initiate.

While as irritating as it can be, it does make for some amusing moments as your character frog hops towards your target mob if they have a low battle stance. :p

Yes, some of the fixes that requested by acme publisher were not included in this version. Such as the pick a drop and the game moves your character away from your current position. Pick a drop and click move allows you to achieve impossible camera angles that the game does not allow by default, etc.

I do not play warriors for their obvious lack of utility. You may have to wait for other players who have experience with that role to weigh in.

Too broad a question. Drops are dependent on which map/dungeon you are on.

Clothes progression are usually tied to your level progression, and more importantly what you want the clothes to do for you. If you simply want clothes that allows you to wear more relics, you could simply buy defense clothes from higher lvl maps, create Man Dae Ya's Male/Female Costume(Clothes) from your character's Living menu, get your hands on Ancient Moonlight clothes that has no level requirement, farm CoF/VoH dungeons to craft the superior dungeon clothes I have mentioned in my guide, etc. The choices are varied depending on the amount of funds you have, and/or the amount of in-game assistance you can receive from other players.

They are currently available from Blue Dragon Boxes that are available for sale in Item Mall, but also attainable from your Monthly Rewards if you log a total of 200hrs.

7. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

Welcome back, I hope you have a gerat journey again !
    The guide is made by @BirdbrainX and can pe used as a start point.

I play warrior as usual since Acclaim and they are again nerf in pvp and in high level dungeons such as potala red or golden coin red, don't have game gear and items to fight alone the chi kung mobs (takes triple time to kill them), only can tank with high damage the phy bosses. We wait now Hainan to see if this role is playable again or will become a decoration. There are also ”service” profiteers who change roles to be op whenever they see a change in hierarchy and they will try sell you other things.

My advice would be to play what you like and thrive.

8. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

Are any of the collectibles (L) worth doing? When I played in 2007-2008 I remember that the collectibles drops like purple jade statue were worth a lot and there were some very crucial collectibles for VE gear. How is it now?

9. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

Welcome back, 9dNostalgia. If you've returned to have fun, then you will truly enjoy all the new content, and the new stats system! If you've returned to compete ... I have no opinion of this as I feel getting caught-up in the F2P vs. $2W doesn't mean much to me.

More or less all the old collections (L) are irrelevant now, which includes using most collectibles to donate (to NPCs) so to increase crafting success
    F11 is the new collections/craft system.

For leach (VE & HP) you can acquire free clothes (bound to that 1 alt/toon) which will make healer (HP & VE) leach obsolete---you can get more than enough leach from free gear!

I would not waste gold until you get close to HG, as that (getting to HG level) is fast and very easy, thus making all that gear one spends gold on useless. However, if you hook-up with a truly good Master, she/he will most likely give you gear, as their old gear no longer worth much gold due to all the events giving away free high-end gear.

10. 9dNostalgia

9dNostalgia New Member

Ty for answer. And what free clothes you talking about?

11. Daoji

Daoji Active Member

All the dungeons upto & including Icy drop clothes; purple runs drop the old sets, which you most likely will need to kill boss 2+ times to get jacket and pants, while green and red pass/run mobs drop all 5 pieces, without needing to kill bosses. Green and red are bound to that toon---can not trade, NPC, drop nor store. However, the stats are great and can last you until HG9 clothes.
    GCM is what many go for. Just join a party, or have your master take you, grab the clothes once able.