Return Player Questions

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Kendrawrssie, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Kendrawrssie

Kendrawrssie New Member

Hey all,
    I'm a super old player (I played back when it was new on Acclaim), followed casually from Acclaim to JP server to G1, I mostly missed GC but I was on for a hot minute, and now here. I always miss the Great Account Migration and have to start over, no big deal, but I've seen some things are different here with RedFox, and I have some questions before I get going.

1, what's cash shop like? Are there like decos in it or?
    2, I see two servers, which one's PvE? (I don't like PvP. I will avoid it at all costs.)
    3, any new contents/updates/changes I should know about?
    4, how's EXP rate? As PvE player I like some grind but .01% a kill on white things at RC4 is a bit extreme...
    5, anything ever come of advanced clan talk?
    6, how's events? Are there any new ones? Regular?
    7, how's drop rate? Pain to get good stuff? Lightfoot/med/steps drop decently often?

Thanks very much! I missed this game and look forward to playing again!

2. Photoshop

Photoshop Member

Complementing the previous answer:

1. There is a timed event deco on sale on the Item mall and you should see it when playing, although the sale will go away. But other than that, no, there isn't any deco for sale on IM. You make them in game. But you can buy materials to upgrade decos on the Item mall though.

2. Both servers become PvP at some point so I'd say they are similar there. Not all maps are PvE only in Tao, the same way not all maps are PvP in Yin. In Yin, the PvP starts from Liaodong and higher level maps. HZ/NC and below is all PvE.
    I am mainly a PvE player and joined Yin without knowing it was the "PvP" server, as some say. But I'm IM right now and got there almost without being griefed by other players at all. The grind is pretty chill there and people are friendly in general. Don't know how is Tao but even as a PvE player, I'd recommend Yin. :)

3. A lot!! Since Acclaim times, really, a lot changed up to this version. If I recall it right, Acclaim stopped at Loulan as it's "last" map. Now we have a whole new map in Kunlun, with new monsters, bosses and Dungeons. We've also got new dungeons and bosses in Tibet and in Loulan.
    We can now refine clothes too in Hefei (in Acclaim we couldn't). A lot of NPC's have different, interesting functions now. There's a crafting system too. Events that last the whole month! Many cool stuff!

4. The xp rate is better than other publishers, indeed. Starting from scratch like you will, you can get to GB-EC levels fairly quickly without any event on at all, without having to work too hard for it. You also get a pretty good weapon starting out if you do all the quests in the first village (Bamboo), and can upgrade it through items you'll get doing RTD quests. That weapon makes this initial grind a breeze to go through.

5. Didn't hear anything about it recently, other than that Advanced Clans have been scrapped. So yeah, we might not see that happen anymore, sadly :(

6. Like I said on #3, besides the usual x2 (and sometimes x3) on weekends, we also have a monthly event and a daily event, that rewards us with neat items just for staying logged and playing. For example, we'll get a 1 hour x5 card everyday, for playing for around 3 hours during the whole day. No need to play without interruptions, the game saves your time spent logged in.

7. I think drop rate is the only thing that kinda sucks right now, although it's also still better than before. med/steps/lf are a very common drop these days so don't worry. But when you want to farm certain things in this game, it feels like it's only worth to try to do so during an event because normal drop rate isn't really any good.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  3. Kendrawrssie

Kendrawrssie New Member

Thanks guys!
    Advanced clans were outright scrapped? Sad.

On the new stuff, mostly just anything that heavily affects how the game works.

If anyone can tell how Tao is with PvE players later, and when and where PvP kicks in, I'd be very grateful! My friends start on Tao. If we need to move, is good to know now. I browsed forums for a bit before posting, saw something about wanted system, is this still in-game? It sounded very abusable. :/

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  4. Kendrawrssie

Kendrawrssie New Member

That sounds... splendid...

So I've been fiddling for a while, now, some nice improvements to the interface I saw, but uhh where are the dungeon passes dropping? The things that should drop them, from what I remember, don't seem to be? Does the rate magically improve when things turn dark blue for no apparent reason, or a collection of some form for them?

5. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

CoF/VoH you can just buy passes at the merchant near the entrence. GCM I think can drop from all mobs from HZ like the rest of the passes. SRS passes you can craft from NIS mob drops and they also drop from CCD.