Remove Battle Dungeon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Slash00, Feb 3, 2016.

?

Go outside HQ for exp!

1. Yeah, I like adventure! BD and ETS ruin the game

50 vote(s)
    45.0%
  2. BD all life, but NO ETS

8 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. BD and ETS forever, I LIVE AT HQ

37 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. ETS is fantastic , but delete BD

16 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

The last week for example i saw an ACC party pulling all the Cartella mobs, they where killing the mobs behind the wall i have the screenshots to report them once the transfer is done, but its just part of the glitching, i have seen in last week so many abusers using the non working towers in settlements to raid the settlements fast with no need to run all the way across the crag mine (i have SS of those too), etc... so much people glitch and nothing is done (at least on previous servers), even more if the glitchers are real money wasters in item mall...

2. simone93

simone93 New Member

I agree with removing them. But not just 55-65 BD, especially 45-60 ones.

3. Kolethal

Kolethal New Member

Probably because you haven't dealt with Excelsior a lot :)

4. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Spent whole days fighting him (or trying to), he's a good buddy :p
    Truth is, there was only him who could be considered a heavy threat :p
    But yeah, seeing Excelsior run into your party usually means "let's find another spot" :p

5. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

Come on. You guys do realize that people actually have life ?
    taking me as an example, During the week I can play max 1h-2h/daily. Litlte more at weekends but that's it. Imagine if I have to pvp 1 or 2h for a spot at ocl,bm. I wont level up EVER ! The exp rate is already shity if I dont have a way out to only exp w/o pvp, how I am suposed to level up ?

6. NINJAFoxHound

Yes, I just quoted myself.

7. Raazec

Raazec New Member

RF should be a game in which all help to level up, and not just a mage/tanky. ;)

8. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

Yeah and World should also be in peace.

its impossible to match time play from everybody from a guild alot of people from differente places.

What they MUST remove is HISSY POTION.... It breaks the pvp.

9. Spruce

Spruce New Member

To help solve the raiding on settlement maps, make runes and scrolls unusable on those maps, and force logging bannable. To be honest, remove all runes from game, they just ruin pvp. Also, keep the leon bds. No one ever xp in them anymore.

10. kaischen

kaischen Member

theoretically you're right defendor. practically it will spread out faster. I've recently played another big server with 500+ online (dont wanna mention the name) and of course not everybody was able to exp at the same time but hey, that's also what the game is about. one time you can exp and others (same and different race) dont and another time you cant. and it has always been balanced there. organizing raiding parties was fun. so imho the server can handle it. if the ppl are just too lazy to play (and i know many are - many have never seen VC or TC3 besides unlock), that shoudlnt be the server's problem.

11. NINJAFoxHound

While you are not wrong with this, I think it's more like a philosophy problem.
    CCR, when developing the game, might have put a shortage in GOOD xp spots (there are always enough, it's just that the xp gain on other spots is ridiculously crap compared to premium spots), in order to promote pvp. Remember this is the core of this game.

RF's (old) motto : "You want something? Fight for it ! *" (be it XP, mining, Pitboss, ...)

The only thing that really drifted from the original concept is that the player base has now become worldwide (instead of pure korean/asian market), and the needs are not the same (want better xp rates, ...).

* Since RF's change to P2P, it has now changed to "Pay for it" nyahahaha

Detonator likes this.
  12. Shinrae

Shinrae Member

I think the problem with BD is something like "Why go outside and risk pvp at all when you can do BD and gain xp safer and faster".

Maybe Increasing the xp gain from mobs on "premium spot" more than what BD gives so that adventurous players level faster than those who are scared of pvp might encourage players to go out of HQ more often.

Kind of a High risk high reward situation.

13. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

My whole issue with BDs is how easily you can glitch the terrain to fast level, and no one besides gms can catch you. Without a super active GM team BDs are a major security risk that ruins a servers balance, and makes the effort legit players put in to leveling a waste of time.

Darkon001 and Dan like this.
  14. NINJAFoxHound

Why not the opposite ? Like drastically lower the XP gain from BDS ? <3

15. Darkon001

Darkon001 Member

I voted yes although i am a bit worried concerning the possibility to progress as a casual gamer. Wife and kid as well as work take time^^'. I think bds have done more harm than helped and surely have been abused heavily. I guess if enough people are active for normal xp hunt it should be ok even if its slower, which is preferred when gameplay is more enjoyable.

16. NINJAFoxHound

I'm sorry, but no matter how they try to sugarcoat RF saying it's for everyone, it's one of the most hardcore MMO i've played (be it pvp or grind/farm). It's clearly not cut out for casuals @_@
    Well I've known a couple who managed to play and get decent characters each, while having 2 kids, but still, this can be considered an exception :p

17. hellprowler

hellprowler Active Member

Yea making the exp private server like would kill any interest I have in playing this game. The PvP is great in this game but I equally enjoy the PvE grind. I may not have the time I used to, but that won't stop me from enjoying the leveling process.

18. Darkon001

Darkon001 Member

for me at least its not a matter of reaching max lvl but outgrowning your usefulness (for example been way too low to be able to help/support other people) and been unable to enjoy the game because for example no active parties..if i play i will be support anyways and if i end up on bell side i will be pure chantra to help as much as i can. well either way i am willing to give rf one more chance see how it goes...i might sound a bit romantic but i do hope this time something might be a bit different in the long run.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  19. Raazec

Raazec New Member

Can i guess left BD because, nowaday RF is totaly late game. People are looking for up in BD and forget PVP at early game...

20. poxbest01

poxbest01 New Member

BD keeps you from lossing exp bro. ^_^