Ranked Mode

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Darthaos, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Darthaos

Darthaos New Member

I was thinking, why don't we implement a ranked mode just like games like League of Legends have? Maybe for like 1v1s or even make a team mode. Players play and earn ranks and play among others around their skill level. This will benefit newer players. This will also keep veterans in the game cause they will want to strive to be number one. I feel like something like this could really save the game.

SimpThePimp likes this.
  2. SimpThePimp

SimpThePimp Member

Player base is too small and also the closest thing we have to ranked mode is guild war. Before lp reset was a thing, guild war channel was much more active. Generally if you play guild war today still, you'll notice the skill levels are usually matched where the weaker ones avoid gwing the more skillfull guilds lol
    A revamp of guild war channel would be nice though

chino1297 likes this.
  3. 271115

271115 Well-Known Member

http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/1v1-matchmaking.29887/

why not implement this is a good question

tamirtov likes this.
  4. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

You

5. Darthaos

Darthaos New Member

niqqas like u needa chill wit dat sht, cause although it dont seem like it, there are some new players

6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

ranked mode would still face the paywall issue, since there are scrolls/exocores that are locked behind RC, the instant get-up mechanic (saver class) is locked behind RC, top tier stats is pretty much box [RC] exclusive, and avalon driver is locked behind RC

As much as I want to believe the game isn't pay to win, it still is undeniably pay2win, because of how much paid content can affect the balance of the game

One way to fix the stat imbalance is to have a "stat equalizer mode" so everyone is forced to have default stats, specific to their class, and regardless of what gear they're wearing. And have this become an option when creating rooms, and not a separate channel, like precision mode, because that didn't work out well

and the fix to RC exclusive content, is either making a trade system (unlikely), or a carat-to-special-currency similar to RC, where this currency cannot be used for gifting (to prevent item stealing, and alt account exploits) but is treated as actual RC

a bit like Hongmoon coins in BladeAndSoul, but with a bit of a twist

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    tamirtov likes this.
  7. SimpThePimp

SimpThePimp Member

You're referring to free channel and other modes, which I did not bring into context. If you read what I typed properly, you would realize I was speaking strictly about the guild war channel.

8. Darthaos

Darthaos New Member

They obviously cant make a trade system or a carat to rc converter cause they would lose money that way

9. Darthaos

Darthaos New Member

Creating a ranked mode with equal stats sounds like a good idea to me. Even if they have rares and stuff, i mean there not THAT hard to play against.