Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kslim760, Apr 13, 2017.

1. kslim760

kslim760 New Member

Are defense weapons really bad for pvp in this game? What if you did a really high STR build+DEF buff?

I guess that's a cool feature with this game, lots of diverse builds with Titles and what not

2. Cocidious

Cocidious Member

Damage has 20% damage buff and base 5% higher damage, this means that you will always be 25% weaker than damage but you get 50% def. a rough damage calc for pvp is to take ap multiply by skill % damage then remove target defense, take that number and multiply by crit damage after crit defense cape. In short this means that def has basically no impact on skill damage but acts like a few % increase on crit defense. Since most damage weapon builds over kill a majority of players in pvp the damage reduction can be absorbed and you can still get kills but and its a huge but, the defense gained by using a sword is not going to give you a huge survivability increase. we are talking 20k def to remove crit damage from 60 to 45k. your basically still going to die unless you build all vit and no str and that's gonna make that 25% damage reduction sting allot. so the answer is yes def weapons can be viable but and its a big one its going to take really high enchant rare or leet weapons or a dedication to only killing one shot str builds and low enchant armor players, while only adding a limited buff to your self. take that calculation and input around 6 to 7k for g4 defense and run your own numbers and decide for your self if you believe that with your vit and def if that extra reduced damage from crits is worth the hit to damage your gonna take :) i hope this helps.

PS this is meant as a rough guide and will not give you god like accuracy as this is an over simplified calculation. It is meant as guide to help people make educated choices on builds not to map your one shot ability.

PSS ranged weapons have a base 10% damage reduction and so are around 30% weaker than damage +- a few % for skill damage discrepancy.

PSSS Damage calc with out all that reading is (((ap x skill) -def) (crit - crit def))

kslim760 likes this.
  3. Mr0blivionz

Mr0blivionz Well-Known Member

Still max defense u will reach in game with a very nice armor and wings is about 13-14k with Very good leet armor!
    I got almsot 9k def with all my gears with dword buff i'd be 13k maybe 14k

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. kslim760

kslim760 New Member

Thank you for the reply, haha lots of information