[POLL] Dont merge Valkyrie into Titan. Make it an official 2nd server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Demented, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Should Valkyrie become a permanent server, and NEVER merged with Titan?

1. DO NOT MERGE Valkyrie with Titan

77.9%
  2. Merge Valkyrie with Titan

14.9%
  3. I don't care

7.2%
  1. MAKINA

MAKINA Member

Pointless, selfish and stupid thread, to say the least about it.

2. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

selfish? It's a public poll about what the community wants. If you are against it say so, and vote against it. No need to be 'that guy'

Corssa and Lingueeni like this.
  3. Lingueeni

Lingueeni Active Member

I personally would like if they made Rf with ONLY 40lv cap. Custom items custom gearups, custom.grind. slowee rates. Would be fun.

omeljap likes this.
  4. Demented

so you like private servers ;)

Corssa likes this.
  5. EricHM

EricHM Member

Well this server marks the beginning of the Red Fox era. It should be kept as a separate server, away from the much older server. Especially in this way it's being treated with no overpowered giveaways from events and such with natural server progression only.

Corssa and Demented like this.
  6. Lingueeni

Lingueeni Active Member

No the 40lv way was the orginal plans of CCR back then in 2006. But they ended up with doing50lv cap from start.
    .. there only few scraps of original prerelease with 40lv cap. Like how acc were different slightly (they had back wings on armors / more gundam alike) .. and all maps different, mobs different, fighting style way different. But they did simplify it... meh...
    The map was used then is the same map the bells use on tutorial. Tben learing controls.
    The tutorial land of it is only left... information.

7. Demented

BAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF bump

8. Groug

Groug Member

Titan had way to many Server Merge why even Put this up Game Campus Fail by Selling Gold after they ban people who RMT Gold And Gms gave Away Armor and Weapons Favored players and all Sort of things This is why i Stoped Playing Game Campus And Stop all together Spending money on RF because There always A Merge Or Close No Server has Ever lasted I really hope this one Does but I do not plan on spending any $ here Till i Fill everything is Right .

9. RagingBells

RagingBells Member

Make this happeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen.

10. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

Well its easy to see what happened with all the people who played cerberus... (counting me in). Almost all leave the Titan chars and we overpopulated Valkirie (that is more populated than Titan server), I know for sure that if this server merge Titan I will stop playing. Im not playing in Titan now that I have the oportunity, so I wont do in a future day neither.

I expect Valkirie wont be merged to Titan never.

11. RyuHaruse

RyuHaruse New Member

*stumbles*

12. Lingueeni

Lingueeni Active Member

Erm rf had some higher graphic on pre aplha test. XD
    But they simplify it.
    BAF?
    bafaloonnies?

But seriously i would love to play pre release version.

13. Demented

The pre alpha RF graphics were HORRIBLE.. what are you talking about. It looked like some 9th graders school project

14. kablewy66

kablewy66 Active Member

IF and/or when they get a steam greenlight I could see it possible having 3 servers open. There will be another large flood of players coming into try the game. Make sure to point them to the new server while keeping the already playing individuals interested in their current home. Because lets be honest, with the way gamers are these days. Putting them on Titan or even the current Valkyrie would be like throwing them to the wolves. Probably best to give them something fresh so they don't immidiately quit from being obliterated by blueMAUs or red/blue kits on day one. LOL

15. Corssa

Corssa Member

Good point. People seem to forget that new players have a lot to learn and catch up in contrast to a generally solid veteran player base mainly due to the market nature of RF and its consistent but bare survival supported by the loaded RF junkies behind, and seeing as there is considerable inconsistencies of many aspects within the gameplay itself and lack of official reliable information highly needed to the detailed content and quite unique gameplay systems that RF offers, in order to keep new players around there needs to be a welcoming and educational effort from the RF community and most importantly from the GMs who control the game to diminish the struggles of lowbies with regular minor tweaks (not affecting the highbies but not giving any near substantial boost to lowbies) to balance the game for the newbies who don't know how to properly grind exp and farm in a fast pace compared to others, thereby they don't give up so easily and stay around. Let's hope RF still hasn't lost its intriguing addictive factor to counter all its inherent annoying turn offs and is steadily increasing its universal player base. Advertising also helps since RF isn't generally known by the gaming community. If you care enough for the best experiences you've had through this game and plan on replicating them or even dream for better ones, you might aswell do something towards it. ;)

ShadowBow likes this.
  16. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

well, the best way for new players to learn the game is have a new server for them where they can learn the basics and once they have had enough time to learn the basics to merge them into the main servers.
    Though i think for a new player starting on an old server is actually better. Sure they might get killed. but if you get 1 hit by a lvl 45 or 1 hit by lvl 60 player won't make much difference. And on the old server there is enough gear / money / xp help from highers that its actually easier for a new player.
    Ofc just standing titan hq and beg for money / gear won't help. But if you join a guild they can support you with pot money and gear from npc easy. And once a bit higher you can join their parties and level alot faster then on a new server.

17. Corssa

Corssa Member

I still think it would **** to play till lvl 50-55 in a slow pace without seeing any player in low lvl mission spots, most of it would be a deserted gameplay, not having the feel of a MMO. You wold most always face players much higher lvls than you, being nearly impossible to taste some pvp and get to understand early pvp mechanics against other players. For a veteran it's easy, but for newbies having servers dedicated to them without almost anyone there to explain some technical not so obvious details, important items, missions and map leveling courses that are recommended for certain classes in lvl 40 by deviating from ether missions, etc., there's just too many gameplay restrictions and lame inconveniences for a newbie that might make the game boring for them as newcomers in such a deserted environment, even if they have a compatible RF mentality. I would say a new server like Valkyrie is ideal, with enough people to help and also play along.

18. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

Translation: making a new server is bad. solution: make a new server. ???

19. Corssa

Corssa Member

Then I must have understood differently from what you were suggesting. I thought you were implying the best solution is to create a server dedicated to newbies and only then transfer them to other servers, then you proceeded to assert the best servers for newbies were the oldest because of more advanced rewards, which I didn't really understand considering most events in Titan are directed at highbies through high level items rather than exp overall. What I meant was a new server like valkyrie, which is balanced when compared with the two constrasted ideas that I thought you proposed. o_O

20. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

what i proposed is basically the old GC system, start a new server regularly where new player can start if they want, and merge it into the main server after some time.