POLL: Box Upgraders or Talic Upgrading Only

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [GM]Foxtrot, May 15, 2020.

?

Should Cash Shop Upgraders continue to be sold?

Poll closed Friday at 6:47 PM.
  1. Yes

56.8%
  2. No

43.2%
  1. [GM]Foxtrot

[GM]Foxtrot RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello RF Online!

Thank you all for your feedback regarding this topic! We do not know what the future will hold, but we appreciate you taking the time to give a response to this forum thread. At time time, these ideas are still in the planning stage, so if there are any major changes in the near future, we will be sure to let you all know about them in advance!

==================================================
    It has come to our attention that other regions do not have Cash Shop Upgraders sold in their Cash Shops. This idea has been around in discussions for a while, and we would like to hear your feedback about this! For the next two weeks, we will have a poll where you can voice your argument whether or not Cash Shop Upgraders make RF Online better or worse! Please vote on this thread of let us know your opinion about this idea.

For the time being, this is just an open discussion about the idea, but we will be forwarding your opinions to our developers, so please be polite in your responses!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020 at 5:15 PM
  2. charles2010

charles2010 New Member

All prices are very expensive.. and I think it's useless!
    When I played on a Russian server, the price was normal..

3. chumajer

chumajer New Member

You need to put a third choice at least, reducing the upgrade problem to yes or no to upgraders is a bad joke, if you want to compare with other servers first check if they have the same bugs, events, rates (drops, success rate, exp, etc.)
    Maybe if you change the price, is really expensive for a random and most of the time useless item.

4. bube92

bube92 Well-Known Member

Thank god I already got my +6 D weapon.
    good luck to the players that join the game after you took the upgraders out. the best they get will prolly be a +2 or +3 D weapon by manual:D:D:D

BKAEH and chumajer like this.
  5. Gusplaz

Gusplaz New Member

I think you should maybe address first the situation caused by a UTS bug that completely broke the in game money. As this change would skyrocket the upgrated weps and it would be impossible to buy for new players and low expenders.

At the end this would only decrease the interest of new players. It won't affect much in game as end game weps are manually upgrated anyways so only intermediate weps used to lvl up or do some medium pvp would be nerfed.

Again, focus on the broke stuff before breaking anything else.

GMs, we love the game, many of us have been playing for years and endured all the damage your lack of interest in the game e have made. Please try to listen to the players, yeah like this poll but to the actual game situations.

Thanks

6. Poddy

Poddy Member

I voted to keep the cash shop upgraders, i feel there are far more striking issues/bugs in the game that deserve attention and focus over this poll, crag mine visual bug, in game money bug and the priority should be to fixes and changes in other areas before even thinking about cash shop FIX/IMPROVE over less important (CASH SHOP)

7. anti1

anti1 New Member

Yes, should continue to be sold, but the prices are very expensive. Also, many have useless upgraders. Please create an ability that we can combine useless upgraders to make better upgraders... otherwise they are just a waste of space in the bank.

ricciparker likes this.
  8. Roceangou

Roceangou Active Member

Unless you change upgrade success rates there is no point removing them, also some private servers offer upgrades as a service, eg 1 talic in weapon $XX

9. arkit

arkit Member

Hi GM, in my point of view. Removing upgrader's will have huge impact on game. It can be Good Impact (More players willing to spend their money and more server population)or Bad Impact (Majority of old players will quit and stop spending money). I am personally still want to keep upgrader in game but only agrees to remove it if you can make some changes on manual upgrade. I am sure Majority of answer depends on decision if you are going to change to make a change to Upgrade Success Rate or Not. If you are going to keep the current upgrade rates and remove Cash Shop Upgraders then my answer will be No because it was almost impossible to upgrade most of things to +6 by manual upgrade and most player will lose motivation due to constant failure and destroying lots of equipment in proccess.

But there's exception if you are going to increase manual upgrade success rate and increase drop rate of equipments in game. Also you have to make Shiny Lucky Gems to be more affordable to most players like other regions did and You have to increase success rate on fair rate for player to start not relying on upgraders or else player will still thinking to spend their money and bet getting good upgrader. If you are going to implement this then Player might say Yes to remove upgrader's in game.

I have good video example for players and GM to watch. I am sure after watching this video, GM and Players will know what to expect from each other.

1. Video of Manual Upgrade Relics (Blue Grade and Green Grade) with CCR Original Success Rate. Let us assume these Blue Relics are same thing as upgrading Rare D Level 67/70 Items. Watch video (This video was made for test purpose and it was on offline server with original rf files and not edited ) and check if they made any +4/5 out of it with original rates. That is why CCR made Upgrader Item Mall as solution for these low success rate but only accessible as luxury method to obtain Strong Equipments in game. You have to increase manual success rate if you are going to remove these upgraders.

2. RF Playpark manual upgrade Event Jet Pack with Increased Success Rate. I think most old players here can compare with our Last Black Cape Event. Look how easily most player from other region to make +5 Black Cape and Other Event Jet Pack compared to our player in RF Redfox. Do not forget RF Playpark also sells Shiny Lucky Gems and other item mall for affordable price! If Redfox can follow what others region did then why not? This way you make the game more affordable to players. I know there are many players out there that willing to spend on moderate amount but won't spend more than their limits.

I hope my post can give you some consideration on this matters.

10. Tentacles

Tentacles New Member

Hello, really nice post but even if what you said is right, I saw a lot of player who don't know how to upgrade lol. When they start to upgrade with T5 on intense armor to make it +1 I just wanna cry. If you make + 1 with T6 for sure it wil be hard to make +2 .. I start all the time +1 with T2/T3 +2 T3 +3 T3/T4 +4 T4/T5 and +5 T+6 +6 T6 and i already make some weapon +5.

People know only uprade with uprader lol

11. bube92

bube92 Well-Known Member

Panem et circenses.
    Redfox comes up with another suggestion to distract from their inability of hosting this game.
    They can not modify the success rate of the upgrading system.
    All they can do is forum, picture and cc events.
    They are not the developers. They might have forewarded all our suggestions to CCR but in the end CCR gives a rats piss about us.
    People keep making suggestions while Redfox could not fix a single bug in this game for 3 years.

ARX20 likes this.
  12. Khyron

Khyron Member

So Bube.. you said " They are not the developers. They might have forewarded all our suggestions to CCR but in the end CCR gives a rats piss about us.
    People keep making suggestions while Redfox could not fix a single bug in this game for 3 years."

But yet.. they made a test server and programmed a patch without bugs. Then they tried to implement their patch on their summer update instead of the client used for their test server which was pre patch.. either the beta testers were lazy as hell and didn't report bugs.

So you mean to say that this company the koreans don't listen to, managed to convince them to make a BUGGY PATCH that has broken the game for years now? If that was the case, the bugs could be fixed and the patch rolled back... Yet the DEVS do nothing.

So with your reasoning, the failed patch was something red fox did without permission and so it will never get fixed because of contract violation?

The patch is not standard CCR.. so how do you explain the broken changes?

You're probably right ccr doesn't care. They had to at one time to make the patch that fcked this game up right?

13. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Member

DONT make changes like that to servers that have been running for YEARS. On servers where ppl already purchased dozens of those things to upgrade their weapons. This would be totally unfair towards new players or players who havent decided to use upgraders yet.
    Only make those kind of changes if you decide to open up a new Server.

Thanks and regards,
    Lanzelot

charles2010 likes this.
  14. charles2010

charles2010 New Member

Yeah.. you are absolutely right! *claps*

Lanzelot likes this.