One on One Tips and Tricks (How to play RF Effectively)

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Maomi, Oct 11, 2016.

?

What do you want next? Please answer it helps! : )

1. Offensive and Defensive Threads

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Tweak to in-guide/ in-game tactics

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Hello!

Today I'd like to talk about a few simple tips and tricks that could help yo improve your 1-on-1 skills, that will help you in Moon, Demolition (Scroll Maps), Third Rock, Black-Top (or Dojo), or even Potion Battles, Caged Beast, and so on.

Sceptic Newbie: Why is 1-on-1 important for other game modes? Talking about you josh.

Good question! 1-on-1 isn't about the competitiveness of two people going head-to-head, there are a lot more mechanics at work.

1) Reaction Speed
    2) Critical Thinking
    3) Offensive or Defensive Maneuvers

Let's start with Reaction Speed!

• Your react speed is based on how much you know about your opponent's scroll,
    or fighting style.

Example: A person that is use to fighting with Volador, and goes up against a person with Darkside, with have a rough time trying to figure out the other person's combos.

• Critical Thinking, also takes reactiveness, because you need to always THINK before you act.

Even the most aggressive players think before making a move. From when to panic, to if you should juggle or not.

The last is, what an abundance of players have trouble with, and the main reason you most likely aren't fighting with your true potential.

• Offensive and Defensive Maneuvers

Players should NOT switch Offensively and Defensively. What your basically doing is going through scenarios of what you could to the player (Offense) and to save yourself (Defense).

Don't get it?

A good example includes, a player deciding if He/She should nanmu (or any other offensive attack), or counter an opponent when they are on the ground. As I said this isn't a good mind-set, because you make countless mistakes, and wonder what you are doing wrong.

I will discuss the two most crucial and effective ways a Player can successfully fight, as you can combine tactics, of each, it is not recommended.

Thread for Offensive Tips and Maneuvers: ___________________________________

Thread for Defensive Tricks and Maneuvers: ___________________________________

(Still being tweaked, sorry!)

In the meantime, why don't you look at some tips, and tricks to help you when in a tight situation,
    or gradual spar!

- Follow opponent from a far away, but close enough distance.

- Hit to the right or left of the player ONCE to open their guard

- Try to deceiver your enemy's moves and use evasive tactics.

- Use sliding moves and the slides to get out of combos.

- Try to use scrolls with Guard Breaks, and in-move attack breaks. (Ex. Agent's slide Juggle Launcher.

- Never get directly in front of an opponent when they are on the ground.

- Jump in and out of close areas to confuse your opponent.

- In tight corners or situations, jump back to retreat.

- When the opponent jumps behind you, counter behind you automatically. (Look to see if He/She Double Jumps first.)
    ----
    Thanks for reading!

lVlonsterCat, tamirtov and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  2. Svelt

Svelt New Member

You might need to ft9 me.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  3. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

I have the feeling that people who will be guided by this post never amount to anything.

This is clearly over thinking using wrong ideas and mindset on a simplistic game.

Whats important in 1v1 isnt how fast you play but the following:
    -Being able to react to any situation your foe throws at you
    -Keeping the rounds with you leading the fight,in other words forcing the gamestyle on your opponent

-

lVlonsterCat and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  4. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I see..I see.. FuzionBranz..is it? Your like some type of OldGen 1v1 Legend..right? Yeah? Well okay, I see what your saying, loud and clear! :)

But here's the thing, Mr. RFLegend. People who like to WIN things, may it be a sport, or a simple game of chess, study different tactics, and make game-plans, so that they will always be able to succeed.

And people that like to WIN or SUCCEED, will read my post, because those are the few people who love to win, those are the people who will do whatever it takes to succeed, those are the people that THINK OUT THE BOX.

Also...

"I have the feeling that people who will be guided by this post never amount to anything."

Mmm-hmm...so, Mr.Branz, aren't you suppose to be a "RF Analyst", your basically saying that people who want to grow stronger, and devise new tactics for a Multiplayer Game, aren't going to amount to anything? Jeez, just shows how much a person you are. :eek:

"Whats important in 1v1 isnt how fast you play but the following:
    -Being able to react to any situation your foe throws at you
    -Keeping the rounds with you leading the fight,in other words forcing the gamestyle on your opponent"

That's...basically what I'm saying here..so..thanks for supporting my thread?
    1) Reaction Speed

lVlonsterCat and Ether like this.
  5. Drvgoon

Drvgoon Member

You talk like a wannabe anime character or some jackass who thinks they're a god, So I'm not reading what you have to say I just read the title and the first paragraph of what you said to Branz and you are completely inaccurate and should either ft6/ft9 someone to prove these "tactics" or just shut the hell up and realize it's ******* Rumble Fighter Unleashed...no one cares...

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  6. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I hear ya!

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  7. TheFuzionBranz

You always seem to put so much effort with colors and story sized replies.. Let me make this short and simple for you.

It doesn't matter how smart you try to make yourself look next to me by adding useless words when all you really need to do is:
    A)Make a point.
    B)Comprehend what people say.

You're originally saying that people need to improve:
    1) Reaction Speed
    2) Critical Thinking

Then you explain Reaction Speed like this to player reading guides, While reaction speed is nothing important to a good player. Rumble Fighter gives you all the tools you need and is more based off of landing the perfect timing than anything else.
    Let's start with Reaction Speed!

• Your react speed is based on how much you know about your opponent's scroll,
    or fighting style.

Then you give a horrible example that makes 0 sense because you're still talking about reaction speed while scrolls have nothing to do with it.
    Example: A person that is use to fighting with Volador, and goes up against a person with Darkside, with have a rough time trying to figure out the other person's combos

This next quote is a funny one. Aggressive is a play style. Basically, Someone playing more aggressive. If they are thinking about predicting a panic or how to use their own panic, Thats being defensive.
    "Even the most aggressive players think before making a move. From when to panic, to if you should juggle or not."

This one is wrong in every way. If you're focusing mainly on being offensive or defensive and not switching; you're legit a total ******* and deserve all your losses and even more. You need to follow the flow of the battle. You can apply pressure simply by having a good defense. Sometimes you can hold pressure in certain situations.
    Players should NOT switch Offensively and Defensively. What your basically doing is going through scenarios of what you could to the player (Offense) and to save yourself (Defense).

Don't get it?

A good example includes, a player deciding if He/She should nanmu (or any other offensive attack), or counter an opponent when they are on the ground. As I said this isn't a good mind-set, because you make countless mistakes, and wonder what you are doing wrong.

Its pointless to go on. Say that other tactics are needed thats fine with me; But I aint seen anyone else than smart people with composure give me a challenge.

lVlonsterCat and tamirtov like this.
  8. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

I didn't decide to read all of this, it's a little to much..but, whatever you say, Mr.RFLegend,sir!~ :p

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  9. TheFuzionBranz

^That resumes why this thread is a failure and why you will never ever get close to beating me.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  10. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Ok buddy!

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  11. tamirtov

tamirtov Clean Up Crew

Nice.:)

lVlonsterCat likes this.