old or new server ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chiyo, Jan 26, 2016.

?

Where do you prefere to play ?

1. old merged server

24.0%
  2. new fresh server

76.0%
  1. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

To make it simple, it sounds cool when you say it.

However, here is how it works.
    By playing a gvg, each guild bets a certain amount of gold (1k-5k). Whoever wins the scramble gets the total gold.
    All players who participated will get a 2k contribution points bonus.
    That means the first advantage is that you can get 2k cpt per day per character (easier to shoot through ranking, which ultimately affects elections).
    Second thing is that the guild rank is defined by how much cpt each guild wins per week (the bigger the guild, and the more often you do gvg, the more you gain). Let's say 20 characters/guild attend GvG everyday => 280k cpt for the guild in one week (quite hard to catch up to that through sheer pvp).
    Here lies the problem : the first two guilds in the rank, each week, gets awarded the settlements UMT (which can allow the guild to mine +4 ore). That puts those guild in complete control of the +4 ore market (and so, t4 gems), and as Dan said in the short version : affects the race economy.

All you need to do that is 2 guilds with rank 2, and you are good to go.

Hope i was clear enough :p

Seriaph and Trigui22 like this.
  2. Dan

Dan Active Member

I actually meant the cheating and glitching part of it. But yeah, having afk leechers rank up and take important archon spots is annoying as well.

Seriaph likes this.
  3. ImaDoki

ImaDoki Member

I'm not aware of the bugs, can i have an explanation on the benefits the cheaters get from it?

4. Bacon

Bacon Active Member

^Might as well PM him for that. It's not a wise move to discuss these kind of things in a public forum.

5. MasterJurat

MasterJurat New Member

you guys forgot the destruction rune. where almost 90% of the acc population use launchers/melee weapons while corites/bells 10-30% estimated population only use this because they can't use it to their guns/bows/staves.

In addition, bells is more affected in destruction runes because the high dodge is nothing for destruction rune. A big investment of dallant for dodge boots and dodge elementals is countered by a decent upgraded weapon and a destruction rune.

Seriaph and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  6. NINJAFoxHound

I forgot about that one. The destruction rune in itself is "fine", but its ratio is off the charts. You shouldn't be able to wipe a 20man group just because you possess an int+5 weapon. Also, the only counterpart of this rune is compensated from either healers or hissy pots, and that's the second problem.

7. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Active Member

Hopefully the new server won't happen till april.

8. Shirui

Shirui New Member

Wait a second, why would you want to wait til april?
    I want a new server as fast as possible :'<

9. Litas

Litas Active Member

What? Why are you?
    Huh?
    Crushing peoples dreams here:eek:

10. MeanMachine

MeanMachine Active Member

I just don't have much time till april. :rolleyes:

11. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

sucks to ****, nerd! BRING ON THE NEW SERVER IN FEBRUARY :D

12. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

If they're going to open a new server, I hope they remove Returnee's weapons / 40 & 45 boxes beforehand. I don't mind waiting an extra few months for this to be implemented.

Also bring back lower level itenx plz.

Morpheum and Demented like this.
  13. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

Yea... if they fixed the drop rate on pre 40 gear it would help a lot

Morpheum likes this.
  14. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

You forget another problem on runes, runes as def run mades almost useless the nukes in the CW and the strategy attached to the use of runes, also mades useless one of the hability of a char called stone skin if im not wrong, this specialization is useless now... Runes made useless the ACC dementor (all skills can be done with runes: destruction and escape rune), ACC Battle leader(def rune and sprint rune will do same as 2 of their skills), the BELL astraller (almost all skills can be done with runes: def rune and scape rune), Coras Dark priest (escape rune made useless 2 of their skills).

I would like too an old style server with x1 rates and Lvl 50 or 55 max as it was old CM server, the good part on those server is that the game was more balanced and you could go to CW from Lvl 40+ now the game is so unbalanced and start a new char from 0 is almost impossible i dont see a problem on retournees considering that the LVL 40 can do almost nothing in the game against the current highbies so the XP gained at the beginning should be boosted to 50 at least as it is now.

15. NINJAFoxHound

Your entire post is right, except for this part. This skill can be used on opponents, I've seen warlocks (I think it's this class) use it often and well, it's a pain in the ass haha.

16. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

I think not all the stone skills can be used on other race chars... but we will agree that even considering that case... the class is less usefull with the Runes in the game.

17. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

My issue is the joke they make of lower level pve and PVP. Of course they won't affect higher level PVP but the game shouldn't be just about high lvl PVP

18. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

Well as i said i see retournee bad in case of x1 rates server capped to lvl 50 or 55, but on current server you have to help the lowbies when they start on a long term running server or nobody will start once the server has been running for 4-6 months.

If the maps would have a max lvl limit, then we could talk about low lvl pvp, but in current situation even on the settlements maps (not HQ) a 30-40 can be raided by a 50-70 char, thats stupid in my opinion. And then we cant talk about low lvl pve or pvp or consider it in serious terms.

19. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

I disagree. I played on CM servers while it lasted. PVP / levelling was never really an issue, especially pre-40. Sure you got ganked but it wasn't the end of the world.

You don't need level 40 - 45 weapons at level 1.

20. Morpheum

Morpheum Member

I also played in CM servers, those servers were 1x rates and limited to 55 lvl so in that case i said i see retournee as an error, i never said there was a problem in PVP/leveling in CM servers on CM servers a player was competitive till lvl 40+ more or less, but in current servers with a max lvl 70 and with X3 rates i think the retournee and boxes for 45-50 weapons when you reach lvl 40 and 45 are fine, cause let you lvl up a new char to 50 without spending money or need to fill all the quests boosting your growing up, to a competitive lvl in these servers, thats my opinion, you dont need to think same way, i respect it, but i think we are saying the same at the end.