not being able to log in to a sever

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by BogusTree, Jun 24, 2020.

1. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

so idk if this is because i joined when server maintenance was happening, but i can't log in for some reason.
    and looking at the rest of the forums im seeing that this is has been going on or that its a pattern thats going on for awhile.

so if anyone could inform me on whats going on that would be great.

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

There has been a recent maintenance with a new patch. Did you restart your client and download the latest patch?

3. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

that i did, first i installed the game from steam just an hour ago, then after finding that after strating up the game once being unable to connect to the servers even though i made an account and verified it, with it saying it failed to log in and to contact a GM if it persistence I closed it and opened it up again going back to the start up screen, it refused to have the start button work.

so then after all that and trying a few times i uninstalled the steam version and went straight to this sight for the installation, but the problem percists with the start screen not working, its like sometihng is removing some key files to let the start screen function properly.
    anyway the direct installation route didn't work ether, can't log in to the game and can't connect to servers

4. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

oh and on the start up screen or splash screen where you click "Game start" doesn't seem to work for ether method, at least steam lets you varify game integerity, when i did that on the steam installation it found that files where missing and replaced them, perhaps the patch that went out was done incorrectly? and removed files without replacing them?

5. BirdbrainX

May I suggest you install the game client in a different directory? Some on the forums have mentioned installing the game client under Documents folder to avoid permission issues.

Also, it's a good idea to add the game folder to Windows defender exclusion list for connection issues. Doing that helped me with a connection issue I had a few months back. Another thing you can try is to enable "Run this program as an administrator" under comparability, when you right click the launcher and select properties.

6. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

ok but that still doesn't solve the matter of the "game start" button not being clickable after i first load the game up.
    are you able to log in just fine?

7. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

whats even weirder is that when i go to varify the integrity of the files when i have it installed on steam and it comes back with 35 that can't be verified and re-downloads them, the launcher would seemingly re-add whatever patch it put in and i can launch it once before it decides the start button won't work any more

8. BirdbrainX

Yes. I am able to start the client just fine, and logged on to both Tao and Yin server without any issues.

If you aren't able to click on the start button on the client, it usually means it hasn't been patched up-to-date yet. Usually after installation, the client will start downloading patches over the course of a few minutes. As bothersome as that sounds, there is nothing players can do about it unless RF compiles all the older patches into a single bigger one to avoid this.

9. BirdbrainX

I do not recommend downloading the game from steam. You can download the game client directly from the RF 9dragons main page. Going thru steam sounds tedious imo.

Edits: don't verify the game files thru the steam client. Your client will download and make changes to files as it patches itself up-to-date.

10. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

really? cause the start screen didn't show any indication of patching, i would have thought that you wouldn't be able to start the game without the full patch installed.

can you force it to update? or am i SOL?

11. BirdbrainX

Tell you what. Uninstall and delete the game from your steam client. Reboot your pc.

Go to the RF 9dragons main page and download the launcher directly from them.

http://redfox.cdn.playredfox.net/redfox/cdn/game_client/downloader/v1007/Downloader.exe

Use it to download the game client and install it somewhere into Documents folder. Once installed, launch the client and let it patch itself. It will go thru several cycles of downloading patches after patches, so you will have to be patient.

While the patches are being downloaded, go to your windows defender exclusion list, and add the game folder into the list, if you wanna be extra safe, include the launcher file itself into the list.

After all that, click on the launcher file and right-click on it to go to properties. Under comparability, check the box that allows it to run as admin, and apply the changes. Run the game.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  12. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

thanks but it seems the launcher only does one patch cycle, which is why i asked if i can force it to look for a patch, so i'll just try to see if i can make a support ticket, there seems to be something wrong with the files i'm downloading and yes i am using the redfox downloader that downloads all their games, i made the file an exception to the windows defender and am running it in admin.

there's no progress percentile and this is after every time i do a fresh install and it does one patch cycle and then lets me in to the log in screen but after i close out cause i can't do anything else, THEN it doesn't let me click the start button but doesn't have any form of any indication of patching at all.

13. BirdbrainX

14. BogusTree

BogusTree New Member

huh weird, games working now after uninstalling my anti-virus and reinstalling it.....well whatever, thanks for your willingness to help :)

BirdbrainX likes this.
  15. tssrreddy

tssrreddy Active Member

i am facing same problem which you are facing @bogus tree

16. tssrreddy

tssrreddy Active Member

i am 100 % shure its not from my anti virus as i have uninstalled and tried same it patch fastly upto 85% then strucks and when i click on launch it gives error then launch button dosent work at all