New Event Server: Yang (Transfer Date - November 27)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Aug 15, 2018.

1. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

081318_main_banner02.png

Dear Dragons,

We are pleased to announce that 9Dragons will be launching our first event server on August 21, 2018! This is a perfect opportunity for players who want a fresh start or to play on equal footing from the very beginning of the adventure. Mark your calendars and keep an eye on our announcement, as we will keep you all updated with additional details closer to the launch date.

Launch Date:
    August 21, 2018 after server maintenance

Transfer
    Date: November 27, 2018 after maintenance

Opt-in
    Dates: November 17, 2018 - November 26, 2018
    Page: https://www.playredfox.com/nine_dragons/transfer_submission

Server Rates:
    3x Exp, 4x Skill, 4x Drop

The new event server Yang will be merged into Yin server at the end of Season 1. All players participating in the new server must either have an account or create a NEW RedFox Games account with no characters on Tao or Yin server to qualify for a server merge after the event.

=====​
    New Event Server FAQ
    Please review the important FAQ below.

What is an Event server?
    Event server is a booster server that is brought online designed to give players a clean slate to play on equal footing from the very beginning of the adventurer.

What is the name of the new Event server?
    The new Event server will be named Yang.

When does the Event server launch?
    The server officially opens on August 21, 2018.

Will I be able to transfer my existing characters on this Event server?
    No – any existing character will be unable to transfer to the event server.

Can I use my prior account to access this server?
    Yes – you can use your existing account to access the Event server. However, to qualify for the transfer at the end of Season 1, you must have no characters on both Yin and Tao server.

What is the name of the server my character will be transfer to at the end of Season 1?
    At the end of Season 1, all characters from the Event server will be transfer into Yin server.

What will not be transferred and be reset at the end of Season 1?
    The following information will be initialized and will not be transferred:
    • Hero Band
    • Friend List
    • Master & Disciple
    • Carrier Pigeon Inbox
    • Loulan PvP Record
    • Combat Record
    • Server Ranking Data
    • Black vs. White War
    • Duel PvP Record
    • Hero Tournament
    • SvS
    • Loyalty
    • Items and gold stored in the Warehouse/Quest Storage will NOT be transferred.
    • Items stored in the Purchase Inventory(Cart, Gift, and Cart (Web) will NOT be transferred.
    • Items and gold stored in the Auction House will NOT be transferred.

Will the RedFox Games Marketplace be any different in the Event server?
    No. The Marketplace will have the same items as Yin and Tao server.

If you have any questions regarding the Event Server, please add them to this thread. The team will be collecting and answering them as we progress. If there is a question that has already been answered, you may quote that player and let them know the answer. If it is not a question regarding Event Server please consider opening another thread to create a discussion about your topic.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    yehtetaung, Revered, MrNobita and 2 others like this.
  2. N33DSWAG

N33DSWAG Member

so basically, Yin will have better rates and new players will be joining a server called Yang instead of Yin?

3. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Will the server keep the rates or will it go back to being x1 for all rates? I mean it's understandable to have these rates for new players so they can get into the game faster. But it's unfair if the rates go back to normal after server merges. Since alot of players spent so much time and some money to get where they are on Yin.

I'm usually one to defend your updates and stuff, but this seems to be a bad idea. Would've been better if you had more specific events for Yin to attract more players there.

But I guess we can only wait and see.

4. Revered

Revered Well-Known Member

What the "Season 1" is?

So You guys think that there will be a huge amount of new players, who will start from scratch and then after a non specific period of time, they will be transfered to Yin (but they will lost their bands/league/M&D/band attributes/friendlist/ combat record/ etc -- because JW don`t know how to transfer it all. Right?). Hmm good luck.

As this so called Yang server will be with 4x drop, how You gonna protect Yin from big injection of items and massive inflation?

Junky91, Perfection and Manaphon like this.
  5. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Better idea would've been if "yang" to be seasonal server and you get a reward on existing server at season end. Maybe it would have been more "competitive". But autofarmers would win I guess.

Revered likes this.
  6. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

It's a booster server, after a set time all chars will be transferred to Yin and the server will start from 0 again, probably one month duration.

7. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Well it won't bring more players to Yin. If they would've wanted to fix Yin, they would've made Yin specific events. Now it'll only put more inflation on the server.

Junky91 and Sirme like this.
  8. fero001

fero001 Active Member

:D :D :D :D What about to creating script to generate gold for autofarmers ? :D You just boosted Gold sellers VNs abusers etc.

And x4 drop and x4 skill increase is something what should be on all servers. PPl are playing only during events even then there is terrible rate ...

9. KillerBite

KillerBite New Member

This is way too funny!

10. Sirme

Sirme Well-Known Member

wow...and people said my Merge Tao and Yin idea was bad....

this is basically throwing money away...

Hey guys here is an idea.
    Our 2 servers can't even hold a good population...1 is practically falling apart...
    LETS MAKE ANOTHER, YAY!! US!!

Maybe I shoulda waited abit...like I was thinking....before investing more lol...
    there goes the argument that Yin and Yang can't be merged.....or server hopping can't be done...

Clearly there are tools.............

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Junky91 and Swear like this.
  11. FuriaAlba

I doubt it, depends if there's something more specific about the server than just rates and it also depends on how long it will take till the transfer.

One month isn't much specially without gear and who ever has good items on Yin wont use the booster server unless it has something unique available that they could transfer, of course this depends on Red Fox on how much time they decide to host it, if it's 6 months then probably some inflation will be done but nothing new there, there's no valid gold sink ingame anyway.

Either way at this moment in time I don't really see the benefit of the server, with srs and potala anyone could be powerleveld to HI in a weekend with ease and most items are cheap cause of branches, it ain't worth farming them yourself (banners/flag/beads) so 4x on a "new" temporary server wouldn't be of to much interest for oldies.

But who knows, it might be a good move for new player retention.

Manaphon likes this.
  12. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

That's the whole deal with the new server, they are hoping for a new wave of players to jump in. Better idea would be, new players get special gear, buff (higher exp, drop rate) and for only a period of time.

13. FuriaAlba

Anyone can abuse a "new" player only feature on either yin or tao, it took me 4 hours to level a char from 0 to HG 6 so I could farm KL as a example with whatever bonus they would give without to much effort.

I think overall it's a good initiative, but having yin the final destination isn't the best part. Nothing can help pvp servers in 9dragons.

14. [GM]Ahri

There will be 2 Seasons or maybe more. The first season will merge into Yin and the second season will merge into Tao. Yes, the event server is like a "speed"/"booster" server and will be closed after three months (still under discussion).

giupviecnha21 likes this.
  15. Manaphon

Manaphon Active Member

Okay, now it's getting ridicolous. Why do you think this will repopulate Yin server? This was your plan to save Yin? People will only wait for second season to start since they already have characters on Tao?

Junky91 likes this.
  16. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

Why don't you make it merge into Tao server and just make Yin players to move there, since it's dying afaik. Makes a lot more sense, no matter how you look into that. No point in Season 2 merge if people actually get a lot of stuff on Yin after this. Will it "balance" anyhow? That was your chance to lower the costs to keep just 1 server after half a year or smth.

Also, is it fine if I just remove all of my current Yin chars to be "qualified" to the merge?

Junky91, Sirme and Swear like this.
  17. Swear

Swear New Member

This is sooooooo stupid... You'll better be fixing bugs and improving the game to run as smooth as possible, instead of splitting that little community (that barelly shows up in the wars) into peaces.
    GM are you trying to improve the game, or damage it?

Edit 2:
    He has the point...

Edit:
    She/he has the point.

18. fero001

fero001 Active Member

No its not interested for ppl and i will tell you why.
    That is because they still dont understand why are ppl leavingand what is causing low population.

Its not about XP or lvl as you said chars can be poser leveled but for what ?

1. problem P2W as hell but np
    2. The biggest problem that doesnt matter on your lvl or gear this game is boring demotivating gambling etc.

Most of us play this game because of friends or nostalgic. Byt otherwise think why would new player grind or farm ? You will spend months to gain materials and you will all fail after your long time effort. You can spend time farming materials and pay money with refine and you can stay on +11 or worse. You can t go some dungeon unless you have 2 PCs and almoust top gear all time only wasting of time and dissapointing.
    Doing dungeons without drop event ( srs for example even with x3 ) is waste of time because you are doing runa and many times your drop is totaly nothing...

I don t care let say they can put tiger ex for 500$ to IM for those who has not time but let others to farm it with 100% chance.
    If for example new that i can do dungeon with normal gear and every single run i will drop item and dor example after collecting 100 items i can trade it for bead i will play every day because it will have sence and i will have goal etc . This system is sick now if it will not change game will die doon and boost swrvers will not help.

Just look on new patch they are ignoring my quesrion about deco but i am sure that it will be IM based. If there will be for example 10€ for 100% craft why not.
    But if it will be failing and 20 egs will cost a loat what is motivatin ppl to spend hundreds of dollars and got nothing just fails ?

Junky91 likes this.
  19. Swear

Swear New Member

WHERE the fu"k do they gonna get the new player from? ;D
    and OK, lets say IF they manage to get those players. How many that would be? 50? 100? How many of them do you think gonna stay longer than a day?

20. [GM]Ahri

Unfortunately, Tao and Yin is a permanent server, and we have no plans to merge the server.

giupviecnha21 and fero001 like this.