My Theory on the Re-using of Scrolls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maomi, Apr 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Now that I think about it from another perspective. It's kind of weird NimoniX would start doing this only a few years under RedFox. If I'm not mistaken, GamesCampus and OG Planet didn't recycle items. You could state that those were their Golden Years, however that doesn't give NimoniX the excuse to reuse items now. My theory is that due to the fact that a lot of old gen players still play the game (and have complained about the new gen scrolls such as Electro and Dowul) they're giving them something new but still relative to utilize that still hits at home.

It wouldn't make sense to keep doing this since the community disagrees with these types of scrolls. So, maybe they're wanting to us to either get the message I just provided or they're just a game studio fresh out of ideas. Despite this, there would be no logic around that idea either. Players are still making new and unique scrolls despite the time for the scroll-creation event still being over. But my question here becomes:

• Why aren't you utilizing scrolls from the community?
    • Is the organization cautious about making scrolls because the creator gets it free?
    • Should previously implement scrolls be the baseline for other scroll creators?
    I'd actually like someone to test some of these theories. If you've previously made a scroll for the game you get the basic fundamentals of scroll-making. Why not make a scroll that utilizes an old scroll and sees if they use it or not? You may think that the idea is just charcoal for the fire, however, it could give us some details on whether players should still be spending money on Rumble Fighter.

Are they actually trying to make scrolls, or are they just at a creator's block and need time to re-adjust?

It's also interesting as to how the community, moderators, self-proclaimed CAs (cough starmerry), RedFox staff, and NimoniX all take part in this process. Even a newgen as myself play a role because we all have different perspectives as to what RedFox is doing.

While I don't have a problem with the newly implemented scrolls, I can still agree with another player that there's a distinct difference as to how they make scrolls now and then. However, when it comes to my perspective of which I'd by (for instance Heartseeker or Hitman) I'd obviously go for Heartseeker since this is a newer scroll, heavier moveset, and its baseline strat is easier for me to understand. Meaning that I can utilize it in also any battle mode (when is the last time you've seen someone use Hitman on Demo or Glacier).

In conclusion(and tl;dr), I'm just speculating that there could be a reason as to why they're re-using content.

HumoLoco likes this.
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Almost all Taekwondo scrolls open up with the same 1-2 punches since day 1, same goes for Muay scrolls with their 1-2 punches. Its the same reason Ryu and Ken have visually identical moves to show they are the same school of fighting but they have different properties, rewards and ways of getting there. -Only- looking at the animation is surface level observation.

NeoStrayFox, RumbleNomad and doston8 like this.
  3. Maomi

Maomi Clean Up Crew

Interesting observation Tengu, however, that's not what I'm explaining. Like I said before, people have different perspectives as too how they look at the re-using of scrolls -- this is just another one that completely misses the point.

4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

How can you say I missed the point when Im correcting an error in your statement (RF has been "recycling" since day 1, not since RedFox) and elaborating on why its a thing? People can have "different perspectives" on why they think devs re-use animations but its not really a mystery at all, theyre just building trends and there are only so many ways you can throw a punch or kick.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    NeoStrayFox likes this.
  5. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Lets take very simular animations and make em VS each other:

-Shoot boxing first punch into second hit is somewhat very stiff
    -Spike first punch into second hits you like a bullet with maximum flexibility

-Hawk hunter PKKK has way too much lunge to be 100% accurate
    -ZinTKD can work around guard or work on any angle with PKK

-Kabudo punch combo is dog doodoo period. You will surprise people that it tho
    -Judo takes this incredible 180 degree slap, then lunges with a poke that ranges after doing a perfect 180 degre sweap and makes sure you getting hit or holding Z

Gunki vs Karate has no comparasion. Take a A+ tier scroll vs a C/D tier scroll. One sided fight

Can I tell you how all Baguazhangs literatly all feel very different and if you try using them the same way you will be smashed?

Dragon/jeet and rage? Two very different play styles. Agression vs Strats

Dowul and Koroshu? LOL CANT RELATE

doston8 likes this.
  6. Arschgeist

Arschgeist Well-Known Member

There's a finite number of martial arts to base scrolls on. I just think they ran out of ideas. and motivation. Everything in real fighting is MMA now so recycling is unavoidable no matter what.
    Game is old and a ghost town so no pressure to keep it moving like you would for huge games like FFXIV or something.

7. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

old gen scroll > new gen scroll.

hand down.
    drying discuss af.

that's why they gonna replace all old gen scroll into that. they are running out of new mechanic. but there's so much we have showed them what we wanted new mechanic. I dont remember any name of player that has idea for air panic, it was nimonix. we dont like air panic because its trash.

8. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

For me it looks like people who were making scrolls on OGP era are already gone and new staff cant do sht so they just taking animations from base and putting this sht all together xD There is nothing unique since couple of years. Tengu said something like " every tkd scroll got same hits " like you understand that's still tkd right ? So ofc it should have something from other tkd too . But when they making "new" scroll and putting old animations it just feel like they spit on your face saying take that bych!

HumoLoco likes this.
  9. Awaky

Awaky Member

Eh they caused to much damaged to the game...
    They purposly aren't making any effort making new scrolls since they ain't making much cash for the effort they put in.
    But boxes they can go all out sinces it's where this game is known for..

HumoLoco and Hercule like this.
  10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

[​IMG]
    So you understand when it comes to TKD but Spike is a boxing scroll so why are you acting so surprised they gave it boxing attacks? Also you say they havent done anything unique in years when we just got Asura/ChoyLiFut's secret nanmu, Spike's kG and RE Super Arts so I just wanna know what would YOU do? Please enlighten me.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    NeoStrayFox likes this.
  11. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

You see . You still dont know what I'm talking about xD Tkd name ! Jeeez dont be poo poo and use your brain at least once . All these tkd got 1 same thing .....name so why shouldn't it have freaking combo from tkd . You asking me what would I do ? Adding these "mechanics" is a joke ,ppl fappin all over it ,cuz it's cool and sht . Bych pls everything they putting to the game is broken like 90% of that sht . So what I would do ? Hmm idk maybe fix the freaking game ? Maybe add more content ? Not more scrolls and exos who need that -_- there is already too much scrolls and exos . Ye now tell me again " yhyhyy redfox is great ! Love all sht they do for us " etc etc .

12. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

"more content" like what? fix what? Still waiting for you to say something of substance.

13. Awaky

Awaky Member

What he's trying to say is basically don't sell a scrolls that has just 2 new moves or just shooting out black particles.
    I mean I don't mind having better version on the scroll or exocores, it's just the way they do it

That's how MMOs works they have outdated or old stuff and they just rework and release a better new version
    Many games done that in many ways
    Lost Saga -> evolution stones (for OG characters) you can still rock with the normal hero or get an updated hero to moderate heros with more kits and more stuff and feeling like your actually playing that hero
    Elsword -> revamp characters
    Leagues of legends -> reword champions
    Taking something old and changing is always welcomed.

But this game doesn't put the effort as much as the other competition like come on...

Just here me out. On this wouldn't it be better if you just get teakwando then have quest thats says "master the art of tkd" (idk have quests like call of duty camos) then once completed the grind you get zin tkd or The new Re version they starting to realised

My point is just give players more sht to do clearly they just sell us something that they took 1 day to make for a 10$ and keep doing it
    BM dying cuz you can just buy most of the set on the medal shop.
    Season stuff (BM , items ,prizes ,boxes) keep coming
    I think if you have the original scrolls and you want to unlocked the RE you just need to grind with that scrolls
    it's bs that you play some random boss mode and (it's only at a limited time available)

Maybe not clear ATM but IL update it later

14. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

[​IMG]

iHumza likes this.
  15. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

big meme.png

HumoLoco and xgone like this.
  16. Jazztech

Jazztech Well-Known Member

How can people still care if a scroll is recycled. We get new feeling scrolls and nothing any of us do or say is going to change the fact that it's going to keep happening.

HumoLoco and Draygashi like this.
  17. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

You played RF ? Like at least for a month ? If you asking these questions "fix what" im not gonna waste time for you rlly -_- Fix what I'm dead rn .

iHumza likes this.
  18. iHumza

iHumza Artist of Winter

Right? Full-Impact is recycled af but it is the nicest scroll I've seen in awhile and fun af. sadly 500k wasn't enough to get me the scroll :c

Jazztech likes this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Still waiting for you to stop ducking these questions and answer with substance but we both know you never will.
    Full Impact has several animations unique to the scroll. Recycled animation =/= recycled purpose.

NeoStrayFox likes this.
  20. Pasha

Pasha Well-Known Member

If you dont remember I've told you already in other threads :) But what's the point in telling you that once more if you never gonna stop licking their balls saying " ummm yea give me more of that sht daddy" that's how I see you rn with your redfox defending....You dont see the problem and I see a big problem . This conversation is pointless cuz we all know you still gonna say "redfox doing great job " dont ya ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.