[Mega Poll] What Events does the community want?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tengu, Nov 6, 2017.

?

Which of the following would you like to see more of?

1. Power Hour

50.0%
  2. Channel Booster

45.8%
  3. More Stages in Other Game Modes

58.3%
  4. Streak Mode and/or Sudden Death

37.5%
  5. Rumble / Odd / Themed Tournaments

50.0%
  6. Boosted Adventure of the Month / Speed Run Event

41.7%
  7. Rotating Rentable Rares

37.5%
  8. +10 Enchanter Events

25.0%
  9. More Gem Fighter Stages and Exocores

50.0%
  10. Community Advisors

62.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I've been intending on posting a Poll like this for awhile but with the GM's beating me to the punch with that Survey I see no better time to just post what I currently have. What do we want to see in specific terms?

Vote on as many as you'd like. If you have an idea I didn't list post it and I'll edit it in best as possible.

-Power Hour
    Carat+EXP % Boost on specific maps/modes.

-Channel Boosting
    Casual = 25%
    Semi = 50%
    Pro = 75%
    EU = 75% (They're good enough to deserve it, trust me)
    It also promotes players to get into higher skill channels.

-More Stages In Other Content
    King of the Hill hasn't been updated since 2008 and it's as easy as putting square zones and circle pads on select stages
    Moving Screen hasn't been updated in about as long (when did Cow exo come out?) which is a shame because Taurus Temple showed a LOT of improvement to the Moving Screen's pacing.
    True Battle is the only way to play Risky2 and Ancient Remains which is very lame.

-Streak Mode and maybe Sudden Death
    Streak mode was always fun/casual-ish. Sudden Death seemed to attract ddos b/c of the prize.

Rumble Mode Tournaments
    Team KOTH, FFA+Team Moving Screen, Team Potion Battle, FFA+Team Arena, 1v1/FFA/Team True Battle.

Odd Ball Tournaments
    Precision Mode and Defense Mode are hilarious.

-Themed Tournaments
    Ninjitsu
    Boxing
    Omnigrab
    Taekwondo
    Top10 Only
    Suggestion Scrolls+Exocores Only
    Host's Draft Pick
    BF LE + SE Scrolls+Exocores Only
    Draft - 16 players /w 20scrolls + 40exos to pick from where after one player picks a scroll it is removed from the pool
    Retro - NO kG or >>G SCROLLS (Kobudo and SageMaster are Banned). Can't remember which exo's but I'll figure it out.

-Monthly Adventure Stages / Speed Run Event
    Complete X Stage Y times on hardest to earn it's Exocore for 7days etc etc
    Adventure Mode is dead to the RF community but everyone is a sucker for free Exos
    BOSS MODE SPEED RUNS: Teams do ONE run being spectated by a GM on a predetermined Adventure and the fastest 3 teams get prizes.

-Rare Rotation
    Put a single Rare scroll+exo in the shop FOR RENT (rc) and change it every month
    Put a single Boss Mode exo in the medal shop for rent (medals) that corresponds with the Stage of the Month.

+10 Enchanter
    Ye olde but goodie that provides a prize pool for players that can get a +10 gem during the event but a comprehensive guide needs to be provided for players who dont know how to get from 9 to 10 with a Fortune Card etc

-The rest of the GemFighter Stages and Exos etc
    Ancient Remains 2
    Drunken Boxing Stance 2 and Drunken Master Stance2
    Idol 2
    EXAMPLE: An exo we don't have (Catapiller) on a Stage we got a worse version of (Dojo)

Mecha Institute has a similar "change" where it removes to top rafters even thou you can still see them on it's Stage Icon...

-Community Advisors
    Let's face it we really need more people running events.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

How'd you get thread approves so fast? I chose CAs and 1v1 streak type events.

3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Tengu Magic
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    NeoStrayFox, tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  4. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

I vote none of the above.

I think events should be less of a priority with the current state of the game. We have enough events to keep things interesting. By that, I mean it gets us playing the game. Only thing hindering that would be the weak prizes we get for some of them. I rather see the game get updated, and bugs/glitches get patched. I think any play-time events are okay. For example, earn X amount of kills, gain X amount of exp, and etc. This is because all we need to do is play the game.

I could care less for tournaments because of DDoS.

Enchanting events are useless. If you people can stop finding excuses to waste money, that would be great. I don't see hype in spending money on chances. If you want to enchant, just enchant. If not, don't. It's just a waste of time that could be put elsewhere.

We don't need volunteer moderators from the community. All that does is promote favoritism and stirs up more unnecessary drama. I wish you guys would stop trying to make this thing happen again. It has happened twice and didn't work out either time. Sure we had events like GM/CA throwdowns, but honestly we could live without these kind of events. We don't need events where a [GM] present. I can care less for playing with one because I would rather have them working on moderating the game and making it better for us.

Renting rare items is a dumb idea. Just keep giving us opportunities to obtain them through events or by adding them to store.

We already have Bonus EXP and Carats Power Hour every day, throughout the day. Some battle mode maps also give bonuses throughout certain days of the week.

I'm not sure why you put "More Gem Fighter Stages and Exocores" in a topic about Events. I do think Rumble Fighter servers should mirror each other and we should have the same shop as our Korean counterparts. Not just maps and Exocores, but any Sacred Scrolls, clothes, and game features that they have as well.

tamirtov, Jinkies, Yukoto and 3 others like this.
  5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I responded in your Quote Box

6. Disregard

Disregard Well-Known Member

They should change the damn login rewards.
    Most games change it like every month some times.

Tengu, Flamekiller and BJJFromGJJ like this.
  7. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Who vote Community Advisor are idiot people. We don't need them. We have enough GMs already

8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

Tengu and Flamekiller like this.
  9. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

technically they do change since you get a different scroll every week for 7-14 days. lucky you didn't start in my day when all you got was Renegade.

10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

they never should've had it to begin with aside from 1day bans and they shpuld have to file a report ticket for each one the give out.

My question is why isn't @Flamekiller s name on that list considering he's in the top3 names I've heard referenced as a trustworthy potential CA?

BJJFromGJJ, tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  11. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

@Flamekiller could be CA but do you think others(or super new gen) would trust @Flamekiller if they don't know who he is?

unless we would accept @Flamekiller if he has a ******* iron willpower and has absolutely no favoritism list in his ass.

tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  12. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

I just voted for all the things. They all sound like nice ideas to me. :v

Incentives to play things that aren't Moon/Glacier/Dos or Third Rock are always welcome. We'd even see more True Battle rooms, which are (to me) the most fun kinds of rooms since you get to play more per round than in the normal Battle mode. Not to mention the fact that True Battle mode has Risky v2, Ancient Ruins, and some other Gem Fighter maps we used to not have.

Having more tournaments means more people wanting to play and get good. Sure, we've got the issue of the DDoS babies who can't stand losing / can't stand their friends losing so think it's a great idea to break federal internet security laws that warrent about 2 years of jail time and places a felony charge on their permanent records because they forget they're not truly anonymous since everyone uses an internet service provider, all to let them/their buddies get revenge for being bested in a tournament on a very small indie-company MMO fighting game, but that shouldn't dissuade Redfox from making more tournaments. :eek:

The [CA]s would just be extra hands to help handle events, let more threads get approved in General Discussion in a timely manner instead of how currently threads take weeks or even months to be approved all while making sure spam threads never show up again like they used to (Jeez those were annoying to see. = -=), and help push for better event prizes and/or updates. If the ones who get chosen take things seriously, and professionally, that'd be even better. :3
    [CA]s should definitely not have the ability to ban anyone, though. That much is absolutely true.

tamirtov, Tengu and Flamekiller like this.
  13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I dont think you linked his name enough. Also this is going to sound very harsh and biased but the opinions that matter most when it comes to trustworthiness are those of players who have been there the longest who know people's reputations.

14. idkfamz

idkfamz Active Member

We need social media and events back.
    Also they should make me a CA because reasons.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  15. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

More like top ...
    They should pick 1-2 (@Draygashi and @Shana) and probably make submissions public.

tamirtov and Tengu like this.
  16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I was gonna say at minimum 5 so it'd make it easier on them during events because not every CA is going to be able to make every event for it's full scheduled duration. I'd trust @Gonsegon (Reptile/ColdBloodedKing) but he doesn't play anymore.

EDIT: Id trust @ProfessorZtar as a CA. Hes also currently the last truly active RFer on youtube.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    tamirtov and Flamekiller like this.
  17. Flamekiller

Flamekiller Glacial Master & Clean Up Crew

He good too. If they aren't going to be active much they shouldn't waste their time.
    3 at the start, hiring alot at the start may be a mistake. I remember gc hiring two new rms only to find out they were both inactive at the very start.

HumoLoco likes this.
  18. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

I'm in the process of convincing Gonsegon/Reptile/ColdBloodedKing to play again.

tamirtov, Flamekiller and Tengu like this.
  19. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I'd say pick the 5 most trustworthy (you, Ztar, Shana, Draygashi or Reptile) so y'all arent stretched too thin and so it's easier to talk to more people in the game. Id be down for as many as 8 tbh.

Flamekiller likes this.
  20. Jinkies

Jinkies Active Member

Jesus Christ. Tengu BTFO
    /thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.