MAU Repair costs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jufer, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Jufer

Jufer Member

I don't mind the current stats on the MAU, It's shocking how much a mau costs to repair at the moment for my 58 mau to be repaired it's costing 4-5m per repair and they die wayyy to fast for it to cost that much it makes CW unaffordable when its 20m+ in repairs that's before rage quitting due to running out of cash

2. Detonator

Detonator Active Member

**** it up you bewb or we're going to boom your keys

3. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

i don't know much about maus / their prices but based on your post, you let your mau die. If the mau dies it's repair cost are drastically increased compared to when it still has some hp left. (in the past the key would disappear altogether if your mau booms).

Though 20m dosn't really sound much. even ndf costs already around 25m each, and i use several of them a day (when xp'ing)

4. europeter

europeter Active Member

For me it seems they reduced the repair cost by half.

5. Detonator

Detonator Active Member

imagine paying 1.6 billion to replace a mau

6. iamjdag

iamjdag Active Member

All I know is that we used to lose the key if it boomed, had double the repair costs, had no hit or kill xp while inside mau, had gli and beam that sold to npc for less and had 1/3 the drop rate.

Everytime I see maus I just think they're in a fine state. When you choose the role keep in mind that it's infinitely more useful in cw as a goliath unless in dps mode on a chip. The reason bells are able to be successful is because they have monstrous tanks that spam nets while footies kill things. With a good RL you can just demand on goliaths and womp people. Sure bells are losing 1v2 right now, but yes it's 1v2. They should probably try to negotiate or next time there's an update that makes their catapults take 1k damage from everything they should do something other than farm the same chip over and over. Promote more in game fun. Tell cora and acc to just 1v1 and youll only show up to attempt to KS if the chip is going to die. Alternate alliance each day with ffa last hit. In RVRVR there's always going to be changing tides but it's dumb to complain while you're the victim if you don't have any remorse as the offender.

Might have gone on a tangent by the end of this

7. bube92

bube92 Well-Known Member

the reason bells boycotting cw is our GM's ****** up bells, specially mau's 2 times in a row without even leaving a single word about it in the update/patchnotes.
    my goli for example hits a flym for 26k now instead of its old 40k+ before the update.
    ppl say its still enough damage but fck no, mau's used to solo 55+ ppl with their 51 arms and now we're having less atk with even 55 arms.
    that was the job of a mau, an OP dps machine that is slow as fck tho.

that's what all the crying is about, ppl are short minded and dont even care about their op def when its on the costs of not being able to kill sht.

we could recover the dmg back to what it was before the update by buying 5 super panzer gens via cashshop.
    paying 50 bucks every month to only get the old dmg back on a server with no customer support and the worst GM's in RF history?
    surely not.

Lingueeni likes this.
  8. fluttershypony

fluttershypony Active Member

sucks you can't be a poorboy who farmed one afternoon for arms that can solo people +5 levels just pressing spacebar.

oh well, time to actually use your brain, use the cash shop and farm for equipment like every other class.

RyoneG and Viziya like this.
  9. Jufer

Jufer Member

Wonders what costs more in the long run maus or other classes

10. bube92

bube92 Well-Known Member

i wonder why someone who actually speaks a decent english with an average IQ thinks he needs to judge ppl he doesn't know a sht about lol. i'm quite good with my 55 strength sup set i guess.
    is this the flames of hell forum section or why do ppl like you or zanan need to let out their inferiority complex in the forum?

HungryHodor and Lingueeni like this.
  11. fluttershypony

RF is a pay to win game with tons of grind. Having a 0 brain spacebar class that can hit 51, pay 150m and simply hit level 50s for 9k and 55 white sets for 5-6k (valkyrie, so very few int sets past 53) without spending a single cent is retarded and promotes freeloading leeches who just waste bandwidth and makes paying players quit.

They also make the most money if all you do is BH and farm and ignore CW, so it also promotes freeloaders + RMTers.

Anyway, bellato and cora had a nice defensive buff (+10% ADR lvl 50 onwards, closer parity to accretia) and accretian warriors and rangers can no longer be douchebags with lvl 1 grenade debuff launchers so your footmen have noticeably better performance. 1080 second nimble joint is really lame though.

12. Strife

Strife Member

You mean Accretian Strikers, right? They spend way less and spacebar way more than MAUs. Then add doomblast in the equation and you have the RF equivalent of an American in a mini scooter with a machine gun.

Anyway that's not the issue. Of course any Acc or Cora wouldn't see this an issue as it benefits them. Currently MAUs are doing 0.25x the attack they had pre-summer update. Before the August 16 patch, the summer update already HALVED the base attack of MAUs. Then comes the annoying, self-imposed update this shitty publisher placed, cutting the damage by almost half once again.

Its not worth it anymore to be a MAU user, be it free-to-play, or pay-to-win since you really can't kill essentially anyone. Also, even if you spend $50 a month, you'll only get 0.50x of the pre-summer update damage. It would have been more worth it if we get the full pre-summer update damage. Not everyone can afford $50 per month just for meager amount of damage.

13. Strife

Strife Member

A good suggestion is to remove the super panzer gens and return up to 75% of the pre-summer update damage. That's better than not being able to use a MAU altogether.

14. fluttershypony

Elems, int akeron (they were 70m EACH at the start of a server) and cash shop large boxes and burst pots, have to siege up, limited range.

vs

farm ether for a day for 150m, full screen range no set up required no cash shop required.

yeah. Maus are bad for business plain and simple.

15. Strife

Strife Member

So you assume the driver doesn't use cash shop boxes, T5 gems, burst pots, doesn't buy OP elems, and equipment? And that 150m ether farm is usually not enough even for repairs. Get off your siege kit. Seems your limited range is getting into you.

Oh please. It doesn't mean we're drivers then we're just MAUers all the time.
    Yeah sure, we're bad for people like you and Zanarkand. Poor P2W players, cant even match up with MAUs.

That's not even an issue here. But okay.

16. Shadari

Shadari Active Member

Comparing Flem damage isn't that reliable. Are you aware that the game can only display around 64k damage. if you do more damage with 1 hit it will roll over and display againstarting form 0. so 70k hit will be shown as 8k or something. (its really only a display problem, you will do the full damage)
    So when you see flem damage its hard to know how often you rolled over. like 70 damage have at least 2 roll overs on flems, maybe even move.
    So your 26k might actually be 90k hits

17. Strife

Strife Member

I wish that was true. Damn 90k dmg is so sweet. We wouldn't be really complaining if that's the case.

But it isn't. This is not just a normal visual damage glitch. I guess we should just say "Fix MAUs" to get our points across.

18. Poddy

Poddy Member

The real issue is the fact they have went overkill on both ends with MAU, first of all they have decreased repair costs and buffed defence a lot when it should have been one of the two, secondly they decreased the range of MAU attack while also decreasing damage of MAU by quite a margin again - they are giving a basic double negative and double positive but its skewed it should be range of MAU attack OR the damage.

Essentially the damage now is T1 YMAU cata damage is now T3 blue mau damage which is quite the drop and very noticeable, if I am being honest having played as an AR for a good bit I feel the changes are just needless as the principle of being a armour rider is the high risk high reward ie HIGH damage with high repairs and lower defence, whereas now it is totally changed to LOW repairs HIGH defence LOW attack LOW range which to me just isn't what a MAU is at all.
    The changes boggle me, I can understand the defence buff to an extent as it was non existent before but I think it's pretty high but as for the rest it is just from my opinion changing for the sake of it rather then for a reason - they are out of touch.

Lingueeni likes this.
  19. Jufer

Jufer Member

so Yomama nearly 2 shot my mau earlier on. 10 seconds of pvp vs RL = 6m and nearly boom

20. Zanarkand

Zanarkand Active Member

Umm yeah, that is what happens when you vs someone with a lvl 70 int +6 weapon.