MAU fix and update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by europeter, Jan 31, 2016.

1. szambaru112

szambaru112 Member

I know my suggestion sounds favoring the Bell users considering that Cora mages and rangers are really weak against MAUs. But I think It would be fine if MAUs run around with max speed of sprint charm+wind weapon, and being able to invest in their gears means, they can find those tanky melees, and accretian gunners at late stage of game. Ofcourse this will have big balance issue, at early games and I hope someone else makes another suggestion for that.

2. Aewyn

Aewyn Active Member

But someone already made another suggestion saying that this is a very bad suggestion.

Corssa, Dan and NINJAFoxHound like this.
  3. szambaru112

szambaru112 Member

Honestly, race special is really hard to discuss since there is no perfect balance. If they increase MAU def rate, and leave them like that, people will start riding goliaths only, and shoot nets for the whole day.

4. Aewyn

Aewyn Active Member

But everyone is already riding goliaths only, because it takes 3-4 hits on CW from higher lvls to drop a cata :p So what's the difference.

5. szambaru112

szambaru112 Member

If base def rate of MAU is greatly increased, they will be able to abuse lvl 30 monkeys with net and booster on top of it.
    As long as they have little bit of dallant in their bags. That would be my main reason to increase def rate but drop base attack rate.

6. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

I didn't pay much attention to the thread, but what I can tell from my experience : if you play cata during CW, you're doing it wrong. The Goli's only goal is PvP (more Hp & nets). People tend to get attracted to the high dmg of cata, but forget it's not made for PvP (even more during CW). I'm not saying you should not use it, but I see people here complaining how cata can't hold its ground in pvp...

7. Aewyn

Aewyn Active Member

Oh I completely agree with you and I'm merely stating the fact that everyone is using Goliaths most of the time anyway, and correctly so :D Although using Catas in CW also works, as long as executed properly (the tactic's very basic actually, a party made of netter/targetter with few catas). Duh, is anyone doing MAU parties on CWs nowadays? I think ARs just don't really know each other to communicate well and pull that out :D:p

8. NINJAFoxHound

Many people have yet to understand that nets are wayyy more valuable than MAU dps (though going Cata during a DPS fight is a tactic in itself, cata is not useless)

9. szambaru112

szambaru112 Member

Nothing is scarier then HC&MAU combo, accretian specs with average hitters around, and an adventurer with HDH elems& +6 bow.

10. Papilon

Papilon New Member

You have to stop complaining Damage BAD and DEF. In a backdrop stop just want to improve your race and unbalance the other. ACC is the least benefited. It has only one class support to which was decreased 30% damage of the towers. Dodge rating of the other races this too high, ACC only striker class and spec has 1 skill buff dodge, since other races have this level 2. Server now has bugs but this playable. So stop if they feel weak, complain less.

Would not it be better then Spec gain exp with towers? Then do not say that bad because for BELL and CORA this too good.

11. NINJAFoxHound

To me, it seems that since all 3 races whine equally about their classes, the game is actually pretty balanced (not perfectly, but balanced enough).
    Grass is always greener on the neighbour's turf.

12. GoDSpeLL

GoDSpeLL Active Member

LoL :D:D:D

Poddy likes this.
  13. Papilon

Papilon New Member

The pilot wants to go it alone against PT and do not want to be damaged? PvP bell pilot is with PT and not Solo. Of course you will be damaged, can not complain about DEF. Just learn to play correctly with their race and class.

14. shinobido

shinobido Active Member

the problem i see on MAU its just Elemental DEF
    Main DPS of cora/acc its base on elemental damage, becouse this they recive alot damage.
    Bell Race its focus teamwork on everything, Each class its focused on a specific thing

15. excaliber

excaliber Member

OK with the announcement of the new server having no elven pitboss at the beginning most of what people say about the Mau Blessing null and void (which seems to be the biggest issue).

But MAU defence is a joke.....It will never be fixed I think. However they can at least offset the problem by reducing repair costs ... and parts can be ridiculously expensive , But like I said I really do not see them doing anything as this problem like the others has been around for quite some time and do CCR still make patches? With a limited income game it would not make good business sense .... kind of like introducing new accessories for a discontinued car.

16. Poddy

Poddy Member

@ GoDSpeLL ye that phrase had me in stiches because out of the 3 races the least broken is ACC, and the other part where he said "can not complain about DEF" o where do I start - in short cora race special is broken, Bell race special with MAUs and DEF is broken, strikers o ye they are fine...
    @ Papilon if I put the "DEF" of my MAUs onto your character to let you experience it, trust me you would not be happy and would be asking questions it really is that bad, I can remember back to when it was fun to Boom MAUs because it actually took effort and some doing to do that whereas now it's like you don't bat an eyelid as the lack of Defence which is non existent makes it just seem meh.

17. buddy

buddy Member

These changes somewhat not in the grasp of red fox, as what ninjafoxhound did explain. But let me give you some of my points:
    1. Mau (goliath) have high defense, yet skill/force still too pain to handle. Well, i dont know the defense success rate of MAUs :rolleyes:. That should be fix.
    2. Its already a blessing that MAU can gain exp upon hit. (Red fox adopted the 60% hit exp rate while same for party bonuses).
    3. Red arm and Blue arms is same price, welp, ill go 51 then.;)
    4. About keys, its good suggestion to let keys enter into the trading market, more economic balance.
    I was once a Armor rider too:)

18. SolidXz

SolidXz Active Member

Mau's get wrecked because of how easy it is to level and obtain high gear these days. Also the Cash shop potatoes and Attack Gens don't help

19. Lingueeni

Lingueeni Active Member

MAU has a skills, they not implyed in the 2,2,3 version. Becouse it would make mau too op...
    Mau defence should be higher BUT ONLY IN PVE .. not in pvp.
    Exeptfacts then striker 5 hit mau.. xD

20. europeter

europeter Active Member

Here is something i totally forgot to mention in this thread is the annoying texture bug on blue chest of the MAU, that is not a urgent thing to fix, but i think its easy (just a corrupted or missing file in the game that GC screwed up).

As you can see on the images below, what is missing is the lights on the chest of the mau.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Should i send a ticket warning them about this?