Long absence need advice

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Mugen, Jul 29, 2019.

?

Class choice?

1. Nuker

2. Warrior

3. Hyb

4. Healer

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mugen

Mugen New Member

Hey all,
    I’ve been gone from this game for a few years now and really need advice for what the class balance and roles are for pve and pvp since the changes. When I left nukers were still sitting pretty as top pvp class but the grind was slow. While warriors could grind fast but their pvp was so so. Coming back I don’t really care about the p2w aspect as I can spend money if I choose but I need a in depth detail of each class. I’ve always liked warriors but if they are just meat shields that’ll never be able to kill anyone I don’t wanna play them ya know. Likewise if nukers can kill in pvp but can’t farm drops or get épis that’s the kind of stuff I’m looking for. Also would it be worth it to role healer first and then make a more pvp oriented class later? Or if I’m willing to spend $$$ is that a waste of my time? Thanks anyone for your opinions.

2. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Hybrids make excellent farmers and are pretty decent in Potala dungeon using nukes if you dislike p2w. It is a very viable way of gearing up if you're starting from scratch.

3. Mugen

Mugen New Member

So what would be the main appeal towards hyb instead of nuker? Is it just easier to start from scratch on a hyb or are there some parts of the game hybrids can farm better?

SAVORIE likes this.
  4. Trollamite

Trollamite Active Member

I think hybs are just better farmers in general

BirdbrainX likes this.
  5. Tooji

Tooji Member

BirdbrainX likes this.
  6. Tooji

Tooji Member

BTW I did not talk about PVP at all. The reason is very simple: role does not matter in PVP - only your wallet will.

BirdbrainX likes this.
  7. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

A big part of the game is about farm.

Unless you already have a substantial cache of gold/item savings or are willing to dump $$$ into the game, you will eventually have to farm to finance your gear upgrades and new gear released in future patches. Having a character role that can do that somewhat efficiently is a big plus in my opinion, and a hybrid can do that well simply because they are able to go melee and CK as being part of their skill set.

There's an argument that a nuker can also resort to melee'ing with a warrior's weapon, but I am less familiar about that aspect of their role.

Full disclosure. My main character is a hybrid and I am very aware of what she can do in a F2P situation, so I am biased in favour of hybrids. I hope this helps.