Is dodge still a viable stat to have when PVEing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by raiwozen, Jan 30, 2016.

1. raiwozen

raiwozen New Member

I've been away from RF for 2 years now and I do not know if having enough dodge is good for EXPing?

2. NINJAFoxHound

NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

Short answer
    Dodge is a no go to XP after level 55.

Long answer
    Dodge still works, but depending on the monsters, dodge won't matter much. The ones that give decent xp all have some damn good accuracy. After level 50, dodge is no longer a good solution for xping on high XP monsters (there are always mobs easy to dodge, but very few give decent XP). The way to go nowadays is DPS and STUN. You can pull 20 mobs (as long as you are skilfull enough not to die) and then stunlock them (alone or with other people). That's pretty much the most efficient way to xp after 55+

But if you were away for 2 years, dodge shouldn't be your only concern. MANY things have changed, you might want to catch up first :p

3. GoDSpeLL

GoDSpeLL Active Member

dodge is still good for farming on ether.
    with more than 150 dodge u can lure many calianas :cool:

4. raiwozen

raiwozen New Member

Thanks guys!

I'll try to search up on forums about the changes. I would like to play Bell this time that's why I'm asking about dodge coz they have uber dodge!

5. NINJAFoxHound

Callis don't give that much exp above lvl40. And if by pulling many callianas, you mean below 7, then we don't play in the same league :p

6. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

Having extensively researched this subject, and also creating a dodge calculator along the way I can probably help out a bit here.

Dodge works off a few variables:
    • Monster accuracy rating
    • Your dodge
    • Your defense PT
    • If you are stationary or moving
    • Monsters level
    • Your level
    • You can only have a minimum of 5% chance to be hit, and a max of 95% chance (ever seen people with shields dodge?)
    The maths is complex, but essentially even the highest level pitbosses only have around 850+ monster accuracy (60 - 70) Generally speaking to be able to dodge these kinds of accuracies you need around 260 - 270 dodge to lower the probability to 5%. Thing is though that the damage of these monsters raises exponentially as well. If you're wearing dodge gear and get hit, you're likely dead. So yes, it's still viable (and expensive) but there are more efficient methods at higher levels like crit locking.

To get 260 dodge is very expensive too. More expensive than crit gear. Would need ranger palmas set, +6 - +7 mercy boots, trio, evasion, above perf dodge ammys and you'll probably still only hit 240 - 250. Atm I only have 216 dodge with +6 boots

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  7. NINJAFoxHound

People dodging with shield might be due to counter attack (in case of a warrior cross class). You reminded me how i loved to troll the lowbies by having 116 dodge and a protection shield with GM pts and counter attack mwhaha

Demented likes this.
  8. CookieLoJ

CookieLoJ Member

People dodging with shield its called counter attck lol

9. Seriaph

Seriaph Member

Lol, my point was that shields give you -99 dodge and its still possible to dodge. Even characters that can't cast counter attack.