Ingame Scroll switching mechanic

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Windstorm, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Windstorm

Windstorm Glacial Master

It sounds like fun, never really thought about what could be wrong about it.
    I could change up my style to thwart my opponents, muhahaha.

anyways, just a thought. Could be implemented as a different class, i dunno.

2. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

Mortal Kombat, The only problem I can see is if they make it wrong then a lot more bad possibilities will come out of it. Also this would probably make fighting people harder since you would have to adjust to different styles mid battle.

3. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Idk. Maybe if they made a second slot for scrolls like they do for ExoCore but you'd have to assign another button to switch between scrolls. You can only equip two scrolls at a time, though.

KarateMan likes this.
  4. KarateMan

KarateMan Active Member

this could open up some nice mix ups being able to change fluidly between scrolls in the heat of the moment

5. TheDL6Incident

TheDL6Incident Creator of Buki

Yea but you can't like spam switch. Like you gotta wait 10 seconds to switch scrolls so you don't get to do a 1 man infinite

KarateMan likes this.
  6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

might require some major UI changes to make that happen, otherwise the 2nd scroll is hidden. Ppl be bringing out dat sage master out of nowhere and wrecking ppl lol

KarateMan and TheDL6Incident like this.
  7. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

It only has to show up in the waiting room which isn't that hard to do, it will also need to have similar means of switching in and out in the waiting room too so players can change them both without going to the inventory, basically exocore switch for scrolls.

8. Shana

what you mean

9. Autronix

Autronix Clean Up Crew

No

10. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

When in a room they would just need the same functions that exocores have now, allowing you to switch them in a room instead of leaving to change them in your inventory tab. They will also need to be displayed like exocores as this would make it easy to tell the main the secondary apart as the main would be in a slot under or above exocore slot A and the secondary under or above exocore slot S.

11. Shana

I just can't visualize how it can be displayed in the player's inventory

The only thing I can think of is by shrinking icons that is already occupying an area

This is why I was thinking that the UI would need more empty slots so it can be displayed without needing to disrupt the occupied slots

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    KarateMan likes this.
  12. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

How about taking away the feature where you can see everyones sht? Tired of getting kicked when someone info me and see the item they don't have. :rolleyes:

Shana and Autronix like this.
  13. KarateMan

KarateMan Active Member

Sometimes if you enter a tourney they restrict items (for a good reason) honestly having this feature is more beneficial than anything.

14. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

I highly doubt that anyone kicks because someone has something on unless its the ones that care about revive items.

KarateMan likes this.
  15. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

it can be it's own mode, (switching every round similar to "Save the Princess" in a way, but not implemented directly to current game modes (excluding BM because it would be beneficial)

switching in the middle of battle seems extremely annoying

it certainly opens doors, but it wouldn't make sense to "switch" in-game, if that's what you were thinking

KarateMan likes this.