Hey Everybody!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nicholas, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

Soooooo why is RF really so dead? I don't understand you can say its pay to win all you want but Clash of Clans is still going strong so...... Everybody loves fighting games like super smash bro's... I stopped playing because I had been too busy in my life and everytime I get on this game there are less and less players which makes it more difficult to play in general. There is nobody to do boss modes with or anything fun. Just moon which don't get me wrong I love moon but why have so many maps and modes and only have enough players to play one or two maps... Do some advertising or something idk... maybe all the real fans have grown up and gotten too busy in their lives to bother with the game and younger people have no interest

2. xenlyiin

xenlyiin Active Member

because they dont care

3. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

There's a number of issues with RF currently, and over the years, that has driven away the playerbase to the sad state we see today.

The OGP -> GC transfer being a big one. I believe about half the player base dropped RF from that alone due to how poorly it was handled.

The absurd amount of lag that seems to just come from nowhere is another key problem. Players can have 3 - 4 bars in the lobby (which is about 70-ish ping) but then they start playing and suddenly it's like they've got 300 ping. :v It's a shame we don't have in-game ping bars and have to rely solely on what's provided in the lobby which doesn't have very much data being transferred between players which make the ping bars seem like they're lying.

It also doesn't help that you can apparently be easily DDoS'd because of RF. I'm not sure how or why, though. I do know, however, that most of those DDoS users have mostly moved on for one reason or another. It's a shame they'll probably come back if the game gets popular again, though. They harbor so much hatred for RF that they just can't leave it alone.

Though it has gotten a little better, the fact that the game still randomly crashes when you change items or sets while in the waiting room, or when the game starts, or when you log in, etc. also makes people not want to keep playing. It's frustrating having to open RF again since you have to go First-Load in Training every single time you log in.

I know there's a group of players who stopped playing just because Android hasn't gotten any updates, too.

Oh, and there's the fact that it seems like a good 75% of the game's content is locked away behind paywalls or tedious grind-fest-Boss-Modes-that-weren't-made-for-grinding. I don't think many people like that aspect.

There's also a good bit of stuff that just seems to be... unnecessary. Plaza, Precision Mode, Guild Wars (in their current state), the "ranked" channels of Amateur and Semi Pro, the "survival" mode which is only used to get Nanmu at level 15 and has never once been updated or made into a true survival mode, the mini-games in plaza, the fishing in plaza, etc.

So, all that's left are people who just really like RF and have the time to play it, and people who just haven't found anything else better to do yet. :3

4. Nicholas

Nicholas New Member

I didn't know about the DDOS attacks thats bad... I feel like the game has always been pay to win for the most part I have been playing off and on since 08 and if It wasn't for things like the Tut Glitch I would've never been able to compete as a kid. NOW they give you crap loads of free items and you can easily rack up 80k carats within your first 15 levels.

A lot of the unnecessary things used to be used frequently when the game wasn't dead...
    and Its hard to provide funding for updates when you have less customers buying things.

Boss modes I LOVE, every game has a grind but literally no body plays them. Anyone who wants boss mode sets already has them which is a shame because I like collecting all the pieces and the ones in the medal shop don't have the same stats I believe..

Also as far as lag its been the same lag since 08... magnet grabs and the such... IF any of the companies that hosted the game could of fixed it I'm sure one of them would have but I have never seen a 100% lag free RF even under OGP. Hell even COD has lag sometimes .. you ever watch those kill cams? THAT IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED ON MY SCREEN I SHOT FIRST! lol

5. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

Hiring a big steamer will not fix the problem if the game isn't improved.
    People don't like bugs and they hate when developers don't listen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.