Healer or warrior ?

Discussion in 'Player to Player Support' started by Neapsikraunu, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Neapsikraunu

Neapsikraunu New Member

Hi everybody,im back to 9d long time no play, i read that a lot changes in game. What you recommend for newbie to play warr or heal,easy to pve ? and how to put stats. ty.

2. Michiyo

Michiyo Well-Known Member

1. Warriors are not helpless in pvp vs chikung character. We have so many "Sight is blocked" in the maps with can give warriors as much "break time" as possible to heal when fighting a Chikung player. You can simply climb up a hill to get into a log corner and peacefully meditate to get full HP or to wait until the Chikung players run out of buffs. Only active skills work in lag corners.
    2. Healer is definitely a support role, or in other words: a moving mountain. It's difficult to defeat a Healer if you cannot out damage it. A healer has so many crowd control skills (traps) to control enemies in a large area (blind for 8s, paralyze for 30s continuously, slow to 80%, reverse status, etc.). So, tanky is what you wanna be as a healer.
    3. If you keen on PVE, max Con would be your first priority. Many bosses in high level map can stun/paralyze you for 20s per skills. That can stack up to minutes. And you know what that mean if you are squishy. Str should be enough for weapons. The rest go in Dex.
    4. If you are new (just comeback), I suggest playing warrior as they are simple to control, tanky, and less expensive to start with.

3. Michiyo

I don't think your enemies would care about what you think. If they are fair-play players, that would have been in a duel at HF, not random maps with lag corners. Anyway that's a fact and what could happen in this game. The game is designed to work that way. Accept it or not, that's the truth.

Besides, Warrior has "immune to chikung damage", "reduce chikung damage", "silence", etc. Without the lag corners, Warrior still can handle chikung players. I don't get why you said "helpless". Like, nothing a warrior can do?! How? What are you trying to say?

4. Michiyo

Are you sure its not the damage reflection that kill you? What are your chengs on Chikung anti-buffs? Are you sure its not because of differences in items? Also, levels are a point. Eg: healer squishy at the beginning (no trap) and can only max trap when get to high levels. I'm level HI4 so I'm comparing about end game periods. There is no point to compare early periods because when you get 6 level higher than your opponent, you deal 1.5 damage on them and they deal 50% damage less on you.

5. Michiyo

If you consider it that way, then a Chikung has difficulties in grinding and building gears? Imagine a chikung solo Kylin dungeon lols

Anyway if you have been playing long enough, you should know that crit rate means everything. You dont need chikung def, you only need higher crit rate. (I'm talking about this server, Korean version!)

6. Michiyo

I mean, why would I test? When I experience it everyday? I'm having a HI4 warrior, a HI2 healer, HG4 nuker, HG10 2b.
    I have been playing this game since the first day its released (check my join date and server releasing date). When I say this game, I meant this server and this current version.

Well, anything that works for you. This argument doesn't help the thread.

7. Michiyo

I dont get what you are saying but...OK? :p

8. Michiyo

Haha 2 posts after mine saying I didn't understand. You were really putting effort. I see I see lols.
    Ok? xP

9. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Actually ck users can solo kylin almost as comfortably as a melee char - when using melee weapon.
    CK hyb and nukers does it fine.

Crit rate is most important for pvp - but defence/ck defence does make a difference too.

10. Michiyo

I'm talking about the matter of time. As the whole idea is that a warrior can make items more easily than a chikung, a warrior can out-gear a chikung if they started at a same point.

11. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Time is not a problem, both my ck-statted hybrid and one of my friends nukers do red kylin fine. I think it takes me around 30 min to solo red kylin with 8 base str. Sure warrior is faster, but you said "Imagine a chikung solo Kylin dungeon lols"
    You made it sound like its an almost impossible task, where in fact its quite trivial and easy.

12. Michiyo

I admire your patience. However, you are considering yourself as a well-geared, high level and experienced player. Mean while, I'm considering the general, new comer players who start with a chikung character.

And yes it is impossible for a chikung player who has low gears to go Kylin. The typical example would be the continuous stun and silence from the Kylin. Another visible example is that the chikung won't heal enough to cover but have to use pills (due to low gears and low damage actives) which leads to extra expenses. And the most important, External Wound!!! Due to low stat on str and con, a chikung player receive more EW from bosses at low level.

So if you consider the very end game builds and stats, you are right that a chikung can possibly do Kylin alone within 30 mins (I believe you do have a healer to make damage leech, though). However, to a new starter, thats almost impossible!

P/s: when I say "time matter", I mean the time for 9D overall. Not only the time to go 1 Kylin Dungeon, but also the time to farm other items, level your character, conquer bosses for your own (Loulan central bosses, Tibet bosses, etc.). Of course you can play slow and yield the goods to others who level faster, stronger, and better geared than you at the moment. Its all your choice to start 9D.

13. Victorion

Victorion Active Member

Fair enough, all I wanted to point out, is that most people are too conformist and neglects to think that a ck user can learn warrior actives. Nukers and Ck hyb grind faster with melee weapon, and at HG, the dmg lost from str isnt huge, neither is dura loss if you meet dex and lvl requirement.