@GM; Can we talk about this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZhaoLiang, Jan 18, 2016.

?

What do you think?

1. Agreed with ALMOST everything. (Post about it)

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. Disagreed with EVERYTHING!!

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. Agreed with you.

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  4. Hey Pal!! I like GrindFest

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. I am a @GM and read this.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  6. LOL DIDN'T READ IT!!!!!!!! XDXDXDXDXD TROLLOLOLO

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

* First History class(yay!):

INDY21 originally created the video game 9Dragons;
    ACCLAIM rewrote the game in its entirety so that it would become accessible to Western audiences;
    Public OPEN BETA in January 2007;
    September, 2010, it was announced that GAMESCAMPUS has acquired publishing rights to 9Dragons;
    2011, GAMEFIRST release 9Dragons servers;
    September 20, GAMESCAMPUS began the transfer of the accounts of 9Dragons subscriber's from the GAMEFIRST servers;
    2016, All hopes lies with REDFOX;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With that being said, we can see that without any significative changes to the game, created almost 10 years ago, we still have a large playerbase. However, many publishes tried and failed to deliver what players really want. Can REDFOX change that?

Major issues with other publishes, in my opnion, were:

* Lack of inovation;
    * Disregard for player opnion and feeback;
    * Poor monetization, usually Pay-to-Win or Pay-to-Survive;
    * Balancing issues derived from distancing from KR system;
    * Promoting Grindfest, not appeling to enganging gameplay;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe REDFOX can pull this out, if they focus on fixing this problems with inovation and cunning. Without the need of something flashy and complicated.

My suggestions are:

* Fix the stat system and classes, make full use of closing beta and close a deal that give you the rights to tweak some of, maybe all of the gameplay aspects. Putting CK dodge on DEX is a start, since it's impossible to dodge CK nukes since CK are the only ones that build WIS+ESS.

* Ask for players feedback, and no I'm not saying "do whatever players ask", what I am asking is for REDFOX to hear what players that are playing this game for 5+ years have to suggest or complaim.

* Think about new ways to hold veteran players, you can't compete with 2016 graphics and action-oriented gameplay, but luckly for you, you don't have to. We are here because we love this game, we are chasing it whatever it goes. Just make it better for us, then throw some publicity and wait for new players.

* Don't appeal to Grinfest, please! This opnion can devide some players, but hear me out. It's easier to think that making the game way way way longer, with EXP gains around 0.01% per mob, and forcing players to buy EXP cards, Items, VIP packs seem really good for the pocket, this will only be 9D downfall. It's almost a neverending circle, publishes get this game, think they are getting some sweet return by squishing every penny of the players just for then to get to Ice Palace, but then this will abrupt end, you'll find yourself throwing 5x,10x,20x,30x events just to keep half of your playerbase, still they will only log in when there's a event online.

* Still in the topic of EXP and Grindfest, try to make a linear development. We love to play this to make our own builds, make new characters, play with our friends. We don't want to spend years with one character just to see how it goes, even if we max out a character we would still continue to play, making new ones or fighting wars.

* A great way to promote diversity without changing to much of the game, is to make fighting styles to give buffs when you max out or in higher levels. If REDFOX choose to do that, don't do progressively, It lose the meaning if styleA(lvl5) buffs is a worse version of styleB(lvl50), every buff need to be unique and useful, styleA won't have the same damage as styleB due lvl differences, so if you want raw damage you'll be choosing styleB regardless, but if styleA gave me %dodge, I would use it on my Healer since I play with my friends and don't have to do the damage, only survive.

--

Style changes suggestion:

* At level 7 every style gains a unique buff.
    * At level 10 every style gains a better version of the buff or a new one to complement it.
    * Buffs usually vary depending of the style and clan.
    ** Some examples:
    *** Wudang Sword: LVL7. Every hit restore VE || LVL10. +5% Attack Rating
    *** Drunken Fist: LVL7. +15 Flat Dodge || LVL10. +8% Dodge
    *** Wudang Fist: LVL7. +5% Crit DMG || LVL10. Criticals damage target's VE for 1% of the dmg

_______________________________________________________________________________

One last thing, make a real 9Dragons wiki.

Thank you for your time,

machatzi, Balboa and Suanni like this.
  2. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

If Acclaim re wrote the whole game how was it released in Europe first by persistent worlds?
    And why are you asking for them to fix a stat system that you have not even tried yet? Are all the satisfied KR players wrong?

3. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

I've tried the old GC stat, everyone did.. and if you think I'm complaining about KR stat, I'm not. I think the KR stats are perfect, mention it twice in my post.

"Major issues with other publishes, in my opnion, were.." "..distancing from KR system;"
    "Putting CK dodge on DEX is a start.." (Just like in the KR system).

The stat system that need to be rebalanced is the GC/NA system.

About the Acclaim, they did rewrote the whole game to be release together with Devs Indy21. I don't know details about what publisher release it on europe, but as far as helping Indy21 appeal to western players I'm pretty sure it was Acclaim.

Besides, you miss the point completly, I don't get your complains at all..

4. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

You started by saying "* Fix the stat system" even thought you have not even tried it.

This is the KR version not GC, then you claim "ACCLAIM rewrote the game in its entirety so that it would become accessible to Western audiences"

No they didn't, they just had a different stat system, the same system Persistent worlds had, everything else was the same, in time the KR version had more content than the western game, but they was years ahead of us.

Korean developers don't ask potential publishes to re-write their games for them, that notion is ludicrous.

The only thing I can recall Acclaim doing was getting the players to translate the game from English, to European languages.

Seriously thought, stop trying to fix something before you even know its broken ><
    And if you really want to change the mechanics of the game you need to tell the devs, not the publisher.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  5. sain

sain Member

6. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

Help me god, this one is making me mad..

Where did you find any legit confirmation that REDFOX's Server will have KR stats?

And for the last time, I DON'T THINK KR STATS NEEDS TO BE FIXED!!!

7. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

There is no information regarding KR stats just a KR version according to the staff. If someone is making you mad ignore them

8. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

9. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

Thank you, I am trying to.
    Care to vote? I would like to see your opnion. :)

10. Blitzcronk

Honestly I just see it being way too early to come up with trivial suggestions on how to improve the game with new content when there is a lot of old content that needs fixing or adjusting to make it more appealing. I cannot stand grind fests and like many people I don't have the time to play for hours and hours on end to get half a level. I don't mind the game taking a while but there is a limit to how long I could personally grind for.

I don't have enough knowledge of the technical parts of the game so I wouldn't be much use giving my opinion on those.

As long as they fix the game to the best of their ability, keep it going and release new content that isn't stuck behind a payment wall then I'm happy.

11. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

Thank you, You have some valid points. See you on Feb 4.

12. Blitzcronk

Likewise pal. Feel free to join our group chat if you want to play with us!

13. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Next time you might want to at least read the announcement section before making a tit of yourself.

Kazu likes this.
  14. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

Dude, nowhere on the announcements said it will have KR stats, you are insane.. I'll block you.

15. Acidhedz

Acidhedz Active Member

The main problem with this game is that just when the grind gets it's worst, it runs out of things for you to do, and things to keep you engaged. There is little character development, the story drops dead, there is no crafting system or any other kind of side content, and even side quests go the way of the dodo.
    Regardless of how you like to play, unless you are a grind masochist, this game has little to offer once you hit... I want to say the EC levels, but it's been a while so I might be mistaken. I recall grinding for ages and ages on those Katana guys in the red pants with NOTHING else to do. And other than a change of scenery it didn't get much better in the snow land area.
    They kept piling on more and more top end content to keep the existing players happy, while ignoring the wasteland that makes up at least the middle third of the game. If a game want's to survive, let alone thrive, it has to have a steady stream of new players. And this one seems tailor made to alienate all but a tiny minority.

I like your idea of the buff to add some customization, but more than anything else they need to keep the sense of development, story progression and quest chains that help get you engaged early on, going through the whole game.

ZhaoLiang likes this.
  16. ZhaoLiang

ZhaoLiang New Member

Thank you sir, I agreed with you but I'm trying to keep my feet on the ground. I know this game needs a lot of things, but new developers like REDFOX doesn't have the luxury to change everything at once, I just hope they keep trying, even if that means one small step at time.

17. Blitzcronk

Couldn't the publishers have an agreement with the developers to modify and add features specific to the publisher?

18. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Wow you just took retarded to a whole new level.

So who developed it for Persistent Worlds? Was that Acclaim?.

Sit down take a breath and think logically, how can Acclaim have re-written the game if PW had the exact same content before they did?

Are you really that **'d in the head? Does your mother have to dress and feed you still?

19. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

There's a difference between modifying a game and re-writing it.
    OVC they can modify it, changing the XP settings is classed as modifying it.
    But its obvious to anyone with a brain that Acclaim would't even know how to develop a game.
    This is the company that got random players to translate the game for them.
    Remember this was Acclaim Games not Akklaim Entertainment, there is a massive difference.

Blitzcronk likes this.
  20. itsthem

itsthem Active Member

Here's a bit of trivia for you, Akklaim Entertainment (Not Acclaim Games) started as a publisher, it had some good titles like MortalKombat (Dev'd by Midway)
    Then they decided to become game developers, it was this decision that led to their bankruptcy.

Turok was the final nail in thier coffin. and I liked that game, the Cerebral bore was epic.

[​IMG]