Game just won't open :(

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Mikedog, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Mikedog

Mikedog New Member

Been going on for AWHILE maybe a year or almost year idk. I've been wanting for a update that maybe will let me play so it kind of sucks. Basically I'll launch the game, the launcher will open then process some files and then close and then nothing will happen. I've tried: reinstalling the game, clearing cache, temp and appdata files, I've disabled all anti virus, tried in safe mode, and perhaps some other stuff. Any help is appreciated!

UPDATE: Tried this (http://forums.playredfox.com/index....resolution-issue-fix-for-small-screens.45081/) DID NOT WORK

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

Hey there,

Could I take a look at your regedit to confirm that things check out? :)

3. Mikedog

Mikedog New Member

You mean like this?

Attached Files:

4. Starberry

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Nimonix\RumbleFighter

5. Mikedog

Mikedog New Member

here

Attached Files:

6. Starberry

Can I get the resolution of your monitor? :)

7. Mikedog

Mikedog New Member

1920 1080

8. Starberry

That checks out fine. What background applications are you running?

9. Mikedog

Mikedog New Member

Bitdefender, Chrome and Steam. But i've also tried it without anything running and it still did not work :(

10. Starberry

This may sound strange, but have you tried running the game through our portal with Steam closed?

11. EmranLmfao

EmranLmfao Active Member

Hello Starberry, I'm trying to come back on RF too after years but I'm having the same problem as him, my friend told me that everytime I download RF, there's no GameGuard folder.

Also, whenever I try to access to RF in RegEdit, I don't see ''Nimonix'', only ''PlayRedFox'' and then ''Rumble Fighter'' with only 3 files in it

My friend gave me their own GameGuard folder (which isn't ideal), I tried to run RF, the gameguard still doesn't do his work.

Then, they told me that I should have a VPN and then launch RF with the VPN, I did that, and it still doesn't work...

(All of them has been done with my AntiVirus off)

I also sent a ticket about all of this, they asked me to give them the ''log.txt'', I don't even have that in my folder.

What do I do man?

Thanks

Hunter

12. Starberry

Hey there my man,

Could I see a screenshot of your Rumble Fighter folder? :)

13. EmranLmfao

EmranLmfao Active Member

This is the folder I get after I finish downloading Rumble Fighter (Without my friend sending me their gameguard folder)
    https://ibb.co/376wjPp
    [​IMG]

14. Starberry

it is actually normal for you not to have the GameGuard folder when you first download and install the game.

The GameGuard folder is automatically created when you patch for the first time. Make sure to use R
    umbleLauncher.exe.

15. EmranLmfao

EmranLmfao Active Member

I did launch the game, but after it says “Starting game”, there’s nothing else after it

16. Starberry

What other background programs do you have open? If you use Windows Defender or any anti-virus, make sure to add the game to the list of exceptions - even if it is disabled.

17. EmranLmfao

EmranLmfao Active Member

I did add them in the exceptions list, I have discord and BitDefender (when not launching RF)

18. Starberry

Have you tried closing BitDefender and trying again?

19. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Try launching the game with window mode enabled (From Regedit)

You can also just install the game in a whole new area and go from there (not the recommended location of the installer).

Try run as admin, run compability, etc.

Also try to run RF VIA steam if its possible. Try using the rumblelauncher.exe from the main file too.

20. EmranLmfao

EmranLmfao Active Member

Good news, I uninstalled RF and downloaded it via STEAM, and I finally see a GameGuard folder! But when I launch RF via steam or directly in my files, I'm stuck in ''Receiving file index from server''. I also tried to delete rumblefighter.exe but no results.