Event: Spring Golden Pig

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [CM]NineArts, Apr 28, 2020.

1. ThatHurt62

ThatHurt62 Member

Another Crap event don't RF have any better ideas for events, why is it they ask players for event ideas then just totally ignore anything the players suggest , this event is even worse than the event we just had

2. Thingsidont

Thingsidont Member

Has anyone gotten drops in KL?

3. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

Yes. From corrupted

4. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

How many in what time frame?

EDIT:
    So i tried it in dungeon (Loulan) drop rate wasn't bad. Got like 10 drops in one full run. (20 min, so if I farm 12 more hours i'll have half the materials for one egg - yippii).
    That's however only the Golden Pipe material. I grinded for 1.5h in KL and didnt get any Gold Nugget material. Guess you'll have to do a low lvl char and farm in lower maps, which I will not do at all. Anyways gl to you guys I will be ignoring this event.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  5. Ruthlessly

Ruthlessly Member

Wow, 1 hour just to get 3 statues, to get the egg how many hours do i have to spend just to get 1?
    let vote to end the event now. can we?

6. renatokpz

renatokpz Active Member

I killed 4 corrupted and got 1 mat.
    Then I did 4 green potala and got like 12

7. Thingsidont

Thingsidont Member

Sorry I don’t know what corrupted is. I know I was going through the lower mobs in KL for a bit and got no nuggets. I’ve seen the pipe drop in dungeons but haven’t seen nuggets drop from normal mobs.

Is the drop rate supposed to be that low for nuggets?

8. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Odd, I was able to get about 66 nuggets and 2bags of weapon drops within 30-40mins before the login problem happened yesterday. o_O

Edits: Just logged in to take a screenshot. Its the first item in bag 2 in case you were wondering.

[​IMG]

9. isbarkley

isbarkley Active Member

Did you use Drop Card?

10. BirdbrainX

No, I did not.

I am only using drop gear with band drop bonuses.

Edits: Other than the 66 nugget I got yesterday before the login issue. This is what I have managed to get so far with some casual farming, before and after lunch today.

[​IMG]

11. Eroine

Eroine Well-Known Member

True. People should make live on you tube to see the reality. You may be surprise. Also for low level players never those numbers can be achieved. We have in game people for 4 years that are farming like crazy and made drop gear, but that is under 1% of player base. People who spend that much time in game to farm do not have a real life. Gaming is addition to real life so you must balance with reality. As I said in many occasions do not expect to get those numbers easy and that is not at all the majority reality.

CallMeKing likes this.
  12. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

Define "casual farming". If it requires you to make a new char to farm in lower maps, that's already out of scope of "casual farming". An event shouldn't require you to make new chars to be able to farm, because clearly you didnt farm this in KL.

13. BirdbrainX

My characters were made wayyyy in advance, and have been put into use since last year.

By casual farming, I meant it as farming the drops without any added pressure on how many drops I get, and without any added drop bonus other than what my character already has.

Edits: Understand that I am a F2P PvE player, and the only way to gear up my main is to farm. I have dedicated my 9d pastime into refining my farming methods and I dare say most of the recent farming trends you may see on Yin server now started with me and my band/league. Also, I enjoy what I do and I see it as a way to "play" the events given to us. Although, I have to say I am starting to feel a little burned out from the chain farming events we had since Halloween 2019 to now. This is why I am taking this event casually. :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
  14. Cytrix

Cytrix Active Member

So instead of actually critizing the bad event setup, you gave up and adjusted yourself to it by making new chars in advance. You guys are already that hopeless that you just think this the normal way of farming. No point in arguing with guys like you. You don't ask for a worthy service by the publisher but instead just take what they give you and adjust yourself to it. LMAO if everyone was like this there'd be no progress in the world. It's alwqys the companies that adjust to the need of their customers that succeed and not the other way round. When ever I get a bad service for paying money I will complain. You're the kind of guy who just eats the fly in your soup in a restaurant and even compliments the chef after that.

15. BirdbrainX

My first farmer character was made during 3rd Anniversary Event of 2019. The subsequent ones were made in attempts to refine my methods thru trial and error. I view my approach as adapting to the challenge put before me, rather than "giving up" as you have characterised it.

I did not realise we were arguing. o_O

I only ask for the basic service like keeping the servers stable, online, and a couple of other basic services that the publisher provides. Try to understand that this iteration of 9Dragons is over 10 years old. There is no telling how long more it will endure. I only wish to play the game that I enjoy for as long as it has a publisher.

You are free to demand changes and criticise the publisher as you see fit. I have done so on occasion myself. Do remember, you were the one who replied to my post, and brought in an unrelated issue to it.

16. teokisss4

teokisss4 Member

I disconnected and cannot log in now

17. vietman

vietman New Member

ok, the map is just down...

Someone said you can farm event resource elsewhere, if you don't want to do gcm. But the drop rate elsewhere (like in SRS) is like 1:10, or 1:20 lower, so you are forced to do gcm.

Saqqi likes this.
  18. TheTheory

TheTheory Member

Cant Log-in Tao please fix it

19. Thingsidont

Thingsidont Member

Just wonder where you’re farming and how you’re farming. I was grinding yesterday in KL for 3 hrs and only managed to get 38 nuggets. So my avg is about 12~13 nuggets a hr.

looking at your 187 nugget haul from your casual farming and assuming a 8 hr day your avg is 23~24 nuggets a hr. If you farmed less hours than your avg is ridiculous.

The delta between averages is huge ..... mind you I had band bonus, Soe lvl2, golden pig deco and guardian buff running.

20. FuriaAlba

FuriaAlba Well-Known Member

Depending on your gear one can get 120-150 materials/hour with drop card during no event and depending on chosen spot, of course you need a lower level char to do this.

Alternate solution would be potala dungeon, but again, depends on gear.

BirdbrainX likes this.