Drop Rates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raino, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Raino

Raino New Member

Hey GM's,

I've played a couple of other MMO's in my time, and this one seems to stand out especially with how drop rates for all items are typically unknown. For example, I've played oldschool runescape for a couple of years now, and I find that the community greatly appreciates how transparent drop rates are in that game. It's nice to be able to see how ACTUALLY rare certain items are, and to be able to calculate how many hours it *should* take to expect a certain item drop, especially in a game that requires a lot of time investment to have the best gear, be the highest level etc. I don't think anyone would expect you to release rp box drop rates, but I think I could speak for a lot of your players when I say that knowing how rare item drops really are would make grinding for certain things much more enjoyable. I think it would also be helpful if we were able to see what mobs drop what items. This is another thing that I find great about other MMO's, is that you know EXACTLY what you need to be killing in order to be the most efficient in grinding for whatever item you're looking for. I think that being transparent with something like this really brings a sense of reward to the player when they FINALLY hit that rare drop, and think it could really hype up the rarer drops in this game. Of course, this is all assuming that you even have the numbers/data for this type of thing which you may not even have access too. However, I think that if you DO have access to drop rates, maybe consider releasing them? I'd love to see a wiki page for this game with drop tables of every monster (or at least the more important ones for leveling) filled with the drop rates of all of the items that they can drop. If this is something that isn't possible with this game, that's fine, but I figured it would be worth asking, as I really do believe it would help create a better mentality around grinding out certain items.

seleni likes this.
  2. TheRealKronix

TheRealKronix Member

You can find drop info if you search hard enough it’s not really that difficult

seleni likes this.