Dodge Calculator

Discussion in 'Game Help and Tips' started by Seriaph, Feb 7, 2016.

  1. Seriaph

    Seriaph Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    33
    Hey chaps,

    I am currently in the process of developing a site for RF Online containing as much possible technical information I can cram in.

    Currently all I have to show right now is a dodge calculator. This calculator will help you figure out how much dodge you need to dodge mobs.

    It's a very early draft version, so you'll have to manually input the monster accuracy. I understand that most people won't know these values. I'm working on a fix for this. so this tool right now may not be all that helpful.

    I have all the monster accuracies lying around in a spreadsheet though, so when I manage to get them all into the website you'll be able to select a monster instead of typing in their accuracy data manually.

    In the mean time, here's some popular mob accuracies (as of version 2.2.3.2) :
    • Assassin Builder A: 298
    • Assassin Builder B: 298
    • Caliana Crew: 262
    • Caliana Atrock: 602
    • Caliana Archer: 696

    If you have any requests for specific monster accuracies, please let me know.

    You can find the calc here: http://novustree.com/
     
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    Darkon001, jagmarshal and Dan like this.
  2. MAKINA

    MAKINA Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2016
    Messages:
    46
    Likes Received:
    19
    Hm...

    Something seems to wrong mate. I set the info like this:

    1- 60
    2- 99
    3- 201
    4- 696

    And got a 28% chance of dodge. Then a I changed to

    1- 65
    2- 99
    3- 201
    4 696

    And got a 27% chance. So, by your calculations getting a higher lvl means you have a lower chance of dodge? Or is it just a minor glitch, like 27,99999999....% getting rounded up to 28%?

    I also got this

    1- 65
    2- 99
    3- 231
    4- 696

    and 5% of dodging.
     
  3. Seriaph

    Seriaph Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    33
    haha I can see my mistake, thanks for pointing it out.

    Actually, the lower the % the better. In the game, this probability gets measured against a random number between 0 - 100%. If the random number is HIGHER than your probability %, then you dodge the attack.

    Example: if you have a 5% probability given by the calculator, you have a 95% chance to dodge.

    So you with a 28% chance actually have a 72% chance to dodge. Hope that makes sense.

    The calculator tells you your chance to be hit, not your chance to dodge :)
     
    MAKINA likes this.
  4. MAKINA

    MAKINA Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2016
    Messages:
    46
    Likes Received:
    19
    Oh, I ******* got it backwards. Sorry dude, my mistake. Good stuff, should make one for PvP as well. Thanks for sharing.
     
  5. Dan

    Dan Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    202
    Likes Received:
    194
    Thumbs up for this. I am a little bit confused regarding the percentages you are talking about, though. Dodge is an absolute value in RF Online. How do you calculate the chance to dodge and where do you get your numbers from?
     
  6. Seriaph

    Seriaph Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    33
    You're correct, dodge is an absolute value, however it's only a part of the equation.

    The equation looks something like this:
    ((monsterAccuracy - (characterLevel + characterDefensePT)) / 4 + 95) - characterDodge

    There's a little bit more to it, but not much. Feel free to inspect the code behind the calculator and you'll see how it runs, as it's all written in Javascript.

    Some things are probably best left unsaid on the official forums. Unfortunately due to this circumstance, this calculator is only accurate to version 2.2.3.2. Any changes GamesCampus might've made to the formula or monster accuracies past this expansion will make this calculator less accurate.

    If I had official support from RedFox that'd be a different story. :p But they probably know less about the innards of their game than I do.

    My pleasure, glad you like it! I have one for PVP coming up. It's a bit more complex than the PVE one, and still have a few errors to iron out. There's one on the horizon though.

    I also have a calculator for item upgrade success, however I'm not sure about it's accuracy so i'm leaving it out for now.
     
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    MAKINA and Dan like this.
  7. NINJAFoxHound

    NINJAFoxHound Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    731
    Likes Received:
    445
    Interesting calculator, thanks a lot !
    Though until we get one for the upgrades (with the real % and all), I'll stick to the "it's voodoo stuff, i'll close my eyes and pray".
    *pulls all izens*
    *prays*
    *aoe*
     
  8. Seriaph

    Seriaph Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2016
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    33
    Managed to get a few free hours and get a design going on.

    I've changed this calculator to show your chance to dodge, not your chance to be hit. Makes a bit more logical sense.

    I've also implemented an autocomplete field. Instead of manually typing in an accuracy value, you may select a monster by name. If there are any typos in the monster names, please let me know and i'll fix it.

    Next to each monster you'll find a letter in brackets, these refer to:
    • (A) is Ace
    • (G) is Pitboss Guard
    • (PB) is Pitboss
    • (N) is Normal
    • (DGN) is Dungeon
    • (DGN PB) is Dungeon Pitboss
    • (C) is Champion
    • (S) is Solo
    • (E) is Elite
    • (H) is Hero
    If you have any suggestions for how to make this better, I'd love to hear them.

    I'm more or less done with this tool. When I get some more free time I'll start working on some others.

    Enjoy!
     
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016

Share This Page