Bring Back Community Advisors! [CA]'s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deadmaniac, Nov 29, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

So the CA system got removed in OGP because the CA's started to oppose the GM's way of doing things?

From what that sounds like, the CA's in OGP are supposed to help enforce their existing ideas, than promote new ones. Assuming this is the case, that would sound like the CA's are not much at fault. I don't really know the whole story though, so CA's might've done something more than just disagree with the GM's

2. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

@Shana from what I know La Tale CAs had a bigger role than Tales Runner CAs. They could do more stuff and had a higher influence on patch content. Yea, GMs disbanded the system because a couple of CAs were opposing the GMs way of running the game. I don't actually know the full story either though since that wasn't my team or staff of [GM]s.

I had [GM]Furiouz, [GM]Muziq, [GM]KorKor, and another [GM] (forgot her name) on my team.

Shana likes this.
  3. Shana

If only a couple of CA's is enough to end the CA system, those 2 must have caused a lot of trouble

4. Yeezus

Yeezus Well-Known Member

Nahhhhhhh. People tend to be fake and switch up when becoming CA. Power abuse and personality switch. Dont bring CA system back. Plus, this game doesnt even have enough members for a 3rd GM at that.

5. FaytLeingod

FaytLeingod Well-Known Member

If the [GM]s are smart enough, this kind of situation can easily be dealt with.

6. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

**** you

bring ca back are for idiot. because you and everyone have NEVER learned lesson.

BJJFromGJJ and Shana like this.
  7. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Learned what?

Shana likes this.
  8. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

if you cant understand what i post is about.

you have no rights.

Shana likes this.
  9. ankyt

ankyt Well-Known Member

Agree with this, there were almost no issues and constant support at the beginning. Rev knew what he wanted from the start and that meant that the team was working flawlessly.

Rev did well in the beginning, he tried to keep it up till the end, not sure how it would be with GC currently. I think certain players had more of an ignorant role in the GM/CA situation than anyone. Always inciting dumb sht, the community always wants drama, and that's what they got, lol.

I understand where you're coming from with it being a support and not a job, but as a former CA, does it actually feel like support or do you feel like you're doing a job?

(& never any hard feelings from me, u always special ahahah)

Shana likes this.
  10. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

You pretty much had the OGP RF GMs. Was the last one LaBeba?

Shana likes this.
  11. KingxD

KingxD Well-Known Member

Pretty sure she got fired, but no, she was not on the team.

Shana likes this.
  12. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

Was it [GM]Vi? Or did she quit before the first transfer?

Shana likes this.
  13. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

*Customary "long time no see" suplex*

[​IMG]

14. idkfamz

idkfamz Active Member

lmao whats up bruh

Shana likes this.
  15. idkfamz

idkfamz Active Member

If you want to be there to actually help improve this game, it feels like support. If you're there for recognition or items, then it feels like a job.

Shana likes this.
  16. Shana

How did OGP choose the CA's? What type of things were they looking for in a CA?

17. idkfamz

idkfamz Active Member

At first it had to do with who was the most helpful, knowledgeable, available, etc. around the forums. I guess later down the line (after I left) they wanted people that players knew. Some players were just picked because they were friends with Beba, others were picked based on original criteria. OGP was a clusterf***.

18. Shana

dam I guess that explains why some CA's were problematic

Castries likes this.
  19. LegendarySheep

LegendarySheep Active Member

Plus one to this.

The original round of CAs, myself included, were part of the original pilot for CAs because we each had a particular skill or demeanor that would benefit the community, it seems. I was specifically offered because I have a general understanding of the underlying network architecture used to run the game, so I could help people resolve lag issues. I'm not sure about others, but the original round of CAs were generally helpful and level headed. I was the hothead compared to them, and I'd consider myself tame.

Then the second and subsequent choices became hit and miss, and things started going south.

It is absolutely critical that people who can handle people having personal hangups get chosen for thread moderation (again, assuming this is going to be done). There are individuals in this community that want to see if they can break people who have moderation powers, so they can turn around and cry "bully" if they ever find themselves on the receiving end of bannings/thread closings, what have you.

If anything, CAs should have specifically no powers and merely be there to give general guidance to new and inquiring players, or have specifically the power to approve threads, but not close them, with additional responsibility being given based on...seniority, I guess?. The principle of Least Privilege should definitely apply here.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  20. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

CA's will just cause more problems. Why does everything think adding more to the game will fix it? Only the developers can fix the game, and RedFox can't even get them to do that. What chance do they have of controlling their CA's?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.