any reccomendations for art resources?

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Circuitbreak905, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Circuitbreak905

Circuitbreak905 Active Member

One last thing i want to at least mention... i know it sounds weird, but i had a hangup against realism for the longest amount of time, due to close minded people that were constantly around me.

That, and the fact during that exact time in my life, i was in a world of my own so to speak.

Ironically, i knew i had to incorporate some type of realism in my style. Especially for the project i had planned and the audience/demographic i was trying to attract.

I know this is going to sound cheesy, but with grand "power" comes grand ambition. I may not have been able to display my imagination on paper, but the machinations going on in my mind, i knew i had something.

Lets just say for now, Criticism can be a huge Creative destroyer, especially when you are a sensitive person like me, and youre surrounded by closed minded people.

Once i lost the key to the deeper layers of my inner thoughts/imagination.

Ive speant years reasearching ways to obtain it back. (Its that important to me)

I just hope you never give up. Because there are pleanty of people out there that would love to see your dreams crash and burn..... they just wont tell you.

Oops. Im sorry! This post was meant to be about l

tinytinytintin and Rioda like this.
  2. Rioda

Rioda Well-Known Member

I try to be forthright with all my criticism.
    I used to be very sensitive to criticism when I was younger because I was simply stubborn.
    I later realized that all the criticism I got was really helpful.
    Criticism, no matter good or bad, should always be accepted.

tinytinytintin likes this.
  3. Niny12

Niny12 Art Potato

I love threads like this~
    Speaking from my own experience; I never liked those anime books. Having owned a couple of them in my younger years, those doesn't teach uu Shh- other than copy and paste. Instead, I slowly learned from observing my body and other people's anatomy. Anyhow, don't give up on your craft, I did and I'm slowly getting back into it now- Also, having a bit of a c@cky attitude towards your art is very healthy, for me, it's what makes me post my drawings around and show it to ask for criticism, because I'm a very personal person. Idk if this was helpful but, I wish uu luck.

Practice makes perfect~

tinytinytintin and tamirtov like this.