An Idea: Making Rumble Fighter Go Viral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwankZX, Nov 8, 2020.

1. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

It would be interesting if we had an elo system like LoL, except with points. When I come to think about it, that sounds like something I would play every day. We could have Trainees, Fighters, Semi-Pros, Professionals, Experts, Masters, Grandmasters, and Prodigies. We could even determine what qualifies as a competitive map, figure out the rules, bar the use of stats, and pre-make joinable rooms that have no host and only start when all 8 players are ready.

But alas, that is a pipe dream in the current game's state. I wouldn't doubt something like that being implemented if Rumble Fighter gained the traffic it needs.

I agree with your point about better tutorials. We can even post tutorials on YouTube that are actually useful for a beginner. The controls on this game are difficult to get a hang of, and on top of that, the moon rooms are a high octane ram-fest. I always say rip after a newb dies in moon because people just have no mercy.
    And I agree with this too, I worry that our efforts to retain newbies will fail this way. But I guess we'll never know if we don't try.

SwankZX likes this.
  2. Sasori

Sasori Active Member

You and nep got banned on discord rip.

HumoLoco likes this.
  3. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

It's proved Red Fox and Nimonix jealous. cuz Monster and Andy doing the job better than these guy. Fuck this. I support Monster and Andy to fuck this game up.

Sasori likes this.
  4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You got your numbers flipped, I'd say RF is 90% toxic. Your 1000 to 100 math is unrealistic and should also be flipped, even when we were brand new on steam the most generous the ratio could be is 1 new player per 20 vets. As for CA's anyone who learns from history will know why its a bad idea to make that mistake a 3rd time. As for the steam reviews the ONLY thing that'll offset the review bombing is if people did positive review bombing to offset it which is extremely unlikely to happen this late in RF's life.

The ONLY things that will help RF is if the players get their heads out of their own asses long enough to let the game exist outside of just Moon, Cove and NHAA bc those 3 modes arent inclusive to new players who dont have opportunities to learn from their mistakes.

5. Escha

Escha Member

@Tengu

I meant what if 100 new players joined per 1 toxic player is what I mean. And besides, it's more about the lack of standalone content and lack of high-quality marketing. If we had more solo content and solo rewards, we'd keep more PvE/PvP players around until we get a large enough influx of new purely PvP players. High-quality marketing will give us even more players populating Rumble Fighter, except we have to wait for a good marketing team.

I am betting on improving the standalone content; we can't keep relying on events that hand out fashion rares as if Rumble Fighter were some catwalk of trash talkers spamming Rare Scrolls and ExoCores after hiding in a cave for a few days before Fisticuff Friday rolls in.

For real, I want that Typhoon Slayer merit title and Typhoon Slayer set for running Al Hata 1,000 times! Except it's in the Item Shop for like 2100 RC...

http://forums.playredfox.com/index....-typhoon-slayer-al-hata-updated-4-17-16.6689/ (made by @Kayden)
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/maintenance-patch-notes-november-3-2020.51527/
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index.php?threads/november-sales.51538/

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If they are planning to implement Typhoon Slayer into the game as standalone content for Boss Moding, then they at least need to send us update spoilers to help keep people excited... Loading screens, announcements, the whole MMORPG package...

We need more stuff like this for people who actually want to earn their stuff rather than buy limited edition sets just to look cool and go on hiatus for a few days or months.

I agree with @sheeran when he advocates for loot boxes to be removed. Except, instead of removing loot boxes; just add more earnable mid-tier and high-tier rewards that rivals or even surpasses the rares found in loot boxes, while keeping the loot boxes that's currently available. It's a win-win between us and NimoniX.

To be honest, I think the Steam reviews (though not so precise or accurate) demonstrates the amount of frustration for the lack of content and formality the average MMORPG-experienced player expects from an MMORPG (e.g. Rumble Fighter loyalists, WoW refugees, etc).

Here's why Rumble Fighter is underperforming:
    • Lack of Rumble wiki
    • Lack of lore, as well as a lack of intermediate tutorials such as introducing players to Boss Modes and ExoCores
    • Lackluster in-game introductions to the Plaza and among other things
    • There are plenty of lore inconsistencies, bugs, and grammatical errors throughout the game (e.g. some items just have fluff words or is completely missing a description)
    • Lack of Boss Mode incentives besides events and medal farming; there is no reward for Boss Moding a billion times
    • Lack of Rumble Mode incentives
    • Lack of 1v1 incentives for low-tier or mid-tier fighters
    • Edited: lack of DDoS prevention mentioned by @gottablast
    We aren't playing the other modes and maps for a reason.
    You can't force players to play something without standalone in-game incentives.

Please like or comment if you guys agree.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:33 PM
    Kurama and Awaky like this.
  6. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

We don't necessarily need to wait for a good marketing team. We have everything within our abilities to create good content for Rumble Fighter.
    The company probably decided it was more profitable to sell it for 2100 RC and for a limited amount of time. If it was available from running Al Hata 1000 times, I would predict that a good amount of people would rather grind for it (at no profit to the company) or just not grind for it at all. And, if made available in shop, people now have the option to decide if they want to buy it or grind for it, instead of just buying it because it's only available for a few weeks.
    Same thing as the Typhoon Slayer Package. If the company implements mid to higher tier items available by grinding the game, then most players will likely just grind for it rather than pay for a chance to get a permanent rare, because the grinding method is guaranteed and not RNG.
    There were a lot less incentives to play back when Rumble Fighter was just released. We didn't have coupons, free boxes, beginner packages, etc. The incentive to play back then was to be involved with the community, talk to friends, grind for that next carat scroll, get a $10 game card from 7-11, see cool combos from a pro player, and (imo) most importantly, the excitement of the next cool update. Right now, the updates are not much to be excited about. Instead of a new cool scroll/exo, we get a new timed outfit/box/etc.
    I believe the lack of interesting updates and presence on social media may be the reason Rumble Fighter ultimately plummeted. Once the developers began to see Rumble Fighter decline, they realized that they couldn't keep making more scroll/exos/content if there weren't enough players and money coming in. So, instead of staying with the times and creating a social media presence to keep Rumble Fighter afloat, who knows what they did. It's kind of sad really. I assume former Rumble Fighter players just quit once they realized the game was no longer receiving good updates, and decided to play a cooler, newer game that had actual updates and content.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 8:27 PM
  7. gottablast

gottablast Member

don't know why you forum folk love to make simple things so complicated. nimonix made bank and instead of paying money to make money they decided to take the route of milking it dry, because the people behind the scenes don't care, and moved on with their life.

btw i see tengu still being nimonix's #1 dck scker keep it up bro <3

8. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

If you don't mind, could you provide examples of how this came to be?

9. gottablast

gottablast Member

I don't know what you mean.. What part didn't you understand?

DDoS is/was the biggest problem rumble fighter has/had and always will have. Unfortunately.
    Until that's cleared up it's pointless to talk about anything future related with this game.

.. Is that what you meant?

10. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Oh, that makes sense to me. Yeah, it should be expected from a company to resolve issues with DDoS at this point...

11. gottablast

gottablast Member

we can dream tho, amirite? ;> come on liten up

12. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO

It's down to profitability; I know, I know, unfortunately. I still stand by my reasoning: the win-win situation where we have both standalone in-game incentives AND loot boxes is the ideal situation we want.

They won't lose any revenue that way; essentially, they'll be trading a few dollars per person for a larger player base. I dunno why they aren't trading for a larger player base: they get more money based on a larger quantity of players, the game looks a whole lot better, and the players are no longer complaining about loot boxes.

( Edit: actually, optimistically speaking, they could be debuting the Typhoon Slayer set first as RC before they add to the game. I guess @gottablast also pretty much summarized the whole NimoniX situation, so I could be wrong lol )

Also, I apologize but you did not read my post. I said "standalone content" and "standalone in-game incentives", not incentives derived from event handouts. Just like you said, once the events and updates stalled or became lackluster, players stopped playing. This is exactly what I'm talking about. We can't rely on events to keep this game alive. Once the events and updates stop, there is no content to keep players interested after Moonlight Valley gets played out for them.

Events run by GMs or players are not enough. They also stopped tweeting a social presence near the end of 2019; they have not tweeted at all in 2020. Here's a link to their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/RumbleFighterUS.

Hopefully they are rethinking their marketing strategy. And yes, players have a chance to advertise. I still think Rumble Fighter's standalone content is not enough. Rumble Fighter still needs more.

We can wait; 10 years of Rumble Fighter and we're still lurking.

[​IMG]

@gottablast

Yeah, we're aware. We're salty about how they are using Rumble Fighter as some neglected side project meant as a source of passive income for their retirement before they kick the bucket. I believe in capitalism, but they aren't capitalizing cap; it's like prototyping a Tesla or an iPhone and not considering an IPO to make it better.

In my defense, I'm not making simple things complicated. I'm trying to add sophistication to the discussion rather than patchworking a few complaints, doomsday posts, and one-punch lines.

@HumoLoco

If you wanted to, rather than DDoS the game (please don't), you could organize an RC boycott while we straighten out what Rumble Fighter should have embedded into the game lol

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:45 PM
    HYTNANO and HumoLoco like this.
  13. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Oh, gotcha. That makes a lot of sense now. There's a lot of opportunity to introduce free in-game events and standalone incentives that would come at no cost to the company, and in turn would increase engagement with new and existing players. It makes me wonder how the events aren't more creative than they are now. On top of that, most of the events IMO cater to existing players who have the ability to enchant, boss mode, etc. The simple events like Workout Wednesday are nice, but to be honest, those events lack a lot of creativity and presence. I'm not even interested in completing those events.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020 at 9:53 PM
    Escha likes this.
  14. HumoLoco

HumoLoco Clean Up Crew

I approved the hack package, however, you know how is it funny it's actually fucking mod. i dont support the DDoS such harmful that can expose their information. Once you get their ip address you can do whatever u want to do with the ip address, to local their location, expose their information, and everything.

Hacking the boss mode = unharmful.
    Hacking the exp= unharmful.
    Hacking carats= unharmful but ruin the economics but not really.
    Hacking stats, jump, speed, and such = unharmful but not fun. unless you know how to counter.

Hacking account = illegal.
    Hacking the real money transaction = illegal cuz it is harmful economics.

DDoS = where u frying their internet and they cannot live without the internet. Not cool. you can do what you can do with the ip address for any sources.

Know the place.

Escha likes this.
  15. Escha

Escha Member

Yep, though I don't approve of the hacking. Every once in awhile is fun running into a g moder or a statted up goon.
    After awhile though, not so much; makes me start thinking the game shallow.

HumoLoco likes this.
  16. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

NimoniX does not care unless it involves the sale of loot boxes. Stop buying boxes. Stop buying RC, and they might pay attention. Stop the bag. This is the way.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020 at 9:26 AM
  17. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Removing or boycotting loot boxes seems like it would help the game but what would they do next? Would they have enough money to pay their employees, other business fees, and on top of all of that, provide new, exciting content? If they don't, it's hard to just eliminate loot boxes, one of their primary sources of income, and work on a new project.

If they have enough money to improve/fix/sensationalize this game, then by all means they should be doing it.
    I guess we will see what their plan is with the upcoming updates.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020 at 10:10 PM
    SwankZX likes this.
  18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Please quote where I've referenced nimonex in this thread. Oh wait, thats right you can't because I havent talked about them once. Thats what I thought, f*ck outta here with your triffin pot stirrin ass boy.
    That doesn't work, in fact it only hurts the game bc when they see decreased income it makes them want to abandon it more bc why would you invest more time into something that is making you less and less money? How can you pay the workers when the income has already gone down and everything you give the players (even if they literally asked for it) always receives the most extreme hate possible?

The game can't grow because it doesnt have a foundation under it to grow from i.e. a knowledge database to educate players + a good outward community image thats welcoming enough for new players to want to say. NOTHING else matters if these 2 things arent present.

19. sheeran

sheeran Clean Up Crew

This is what insanity looks like. It's the same shit over and over, and nothing changes. Stop tolerating bullshit. They abandoned the game because they are incompetent. They chose greed over growth. I agree that they should be in it to make money, but their focus is loot boxes, and they're a scam. They would rather make a quick buck every month with a spenders event rather than investing in things that could gradually grow the player base. With a growing player base, there will be more players playing and spending money. It's time we demand change. The only way they will listen is if we stop spending. Either they will have to listen, and change, or be forced to shut down. It's time.

I feel like NimoniX has to go. They had their chance. They need to give this game to a company that is willing to actually continue development and management of the game rather than sticking every new item behind a pay wall loot box and making these items extremely over powered.

For the record, I like the game, but I realize it could be better. I won't spend money on this game knowing it's just going towards more loot boxes and poor development. Events are the only thing keeping this game alive. They're the only incentive players have to keep playing. Same for Spenders event, they only spend because its the only way to get 'New' items. It's pathetic. We need change.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020 at 3:36 PM
  20. Escha

Escha Member

Agree 100% that an increased player base means more players spending the same amount of money that current players are spending. They need to make the game better or they'll lose a valuable asset that could earn them 10 times more than what they are earning right now. It basically comes down to whether NimoniX actually develops Rumble Fighter or ends up selling it to a different company.

I'm tired of looking at the same loading screens. Where's the artwork and update spoilers besides the same event poster that we see every time we log in?

There is no standalone content that would convince ordinary players to stay.
    Events by themselves aren't going to cut it.
    Here is a list of what they should start fixing:
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index....ble-fighter-go-viral.51562/page-3#post-495009.

(In my opinion, the 100 Rumble Modes currently going on right now is counterintuitive. Everyone isn't even playing Potion Battles, King of the Hills, Caged Beast Modes, Arena Modes, or Defense Modes for the event. Everyone is just NHAAing in locked rooms for 100 boring games.)