An Idea: Making Rumble Fighter Go Viral

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwankZX, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Escha

Escha Member

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. Rumble Fighter is not ready to be hyped up at the moment. Current Rumble Fighter is too slow paced and doesn't have any other popular content besides Moonlight Valley and trash talking.

We need more skills like the ones we already have like nanmu, air panics, and the RE scroll skills to make Battle Modes a lot more interesting to watch.

We also need stuff to do that has useful content perks and action packed Boss Modes (current Boss Modes seem too casual), bosses that resemble other MMORPG bosses such as FFXIV and WoW, Boss Mode specific ExoCore varieties, and a populated Rumble Fighter with players actively playing action packed Rumble Modes.

For example, more skills like the bots we fight in AI Mode except we have more damage resistance so the fight doesn't end too early. Skills that are perfectly balanced and not too overpowered.

SwankZX likes this.
  2. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

No changes matter so long as A) the players continue to absolute inbred s***bags who go nuclear over anything (exos, wings, losing) and B) zero information database / wiki for all players to learn from.

Oh and Bonus C) If we can ever offset the review bombing all the f***ing crybabies from this game dropped on steam week 1 of our green lighting.

3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

And its not like we can stream RF back into popularity on twitch bc people are so toxic / unmoderated you could catch a twitch ban if someone said the wrong thing and knowing RFers someone would do it just bc they could

4. Escha

Escha Member

@Tengu
    Yes, you're right about Point B in regards to the lack of information database. Someone needs to work on that; it pretty much is standard with any game.

However, I disagree with Point A.
    If 1,000 players started playing Rumble Fighter, the 100 toxic players will only be less than 10% of the player base.
    If the content is really good, the new players will ignore the toxic players.
    If we finally have a Rumble Fighter wiki, better tutorials, and fellow players and non-overpowered [CA]s to help out, more players would end up staying and overwrite the bad reviews as you mentioned in Point C.

In other words, if we had the following:
    • Rumble Fighter wiki,
    • Content that's worth staying around for despite the player base being 10% toxic,
    • Better tutorials along with fellow players and non-overpowered [CA]s to help out;
    we'd be able to overwrite the bad reviews left on Steam. We should follow the example of Square Enix where they relaunched FFXIV instead to FFXIV Realm Reborn.

@Tengu
    About Twitch, I don't think we need Twitch if it's so easy to get a Twitch ban. Rumble Fighter might be just for a mature audience then, a Hidden Gem with thousands of players rather than a popular game with millions of underaged players. We should attract mature audiences that are into anime like The God of High School.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 4:33 PM
  5. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

No such thing as too slow paced. Look at Dream's YouTube channel. He plays Minecraft, one of the most calming, relaxing games. Yet, he was creative enough to turn it completely upside down and build a massive community/following.

I was thinking about the moon/trash talking dilemma as well. We could go in so many directions with our content when it comes to this. We could lean into the trash-talking aspect to attract competitive players, we could lean into the NHAA aspect to attract AFKers, we can lean into the variety of maps aspect to attract a Smash Bros audience, etc. There are SO many people we can attract: Fashionistas, bossmode speed runners, people who enjoy socializing, stat hoars, zombie moders, team fighters, etc.

For me, it's hard to decide what to do. When I feel like recording try-hard content and I try too hard in a moon lobby, I fear ruining everyone's fun if they're just chilling. So, I am leaning more into the casual slice-of-life/comedy kind of gameplay. I have a ton of fun mostly just talking and laughing with everyone.

I think a good point to start is with the Wiki, then create Scroll/Exocore Spotlights to supplement and promote our Wiki. That's just one place to start. There are so many other places to start, like the list I mentioned above, to get the word of RF out there.
    As for our Steam reviews: If our content is good enough, then players will flock to RF regardless of the bad reviews.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 4:52 PM
  6. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO
    With Minecraft, you can customize creative environments and plus it's popular. Rumble Fighter is not a popular mainstream game, has limited customization choices other than clothes, and has a limited amount of content. Sadly, Rumble Fighter in its current state can't really be compared to Minecraft.

@HYTNANO

I'd share your enthusiasm, but the Rumble Fighter Forum Creative Corner isn't exactly very active. I been online everyday and there aren't many rooms with NHAAs. The stat people have all mentioned or concluded at some point that they are getting bored or they are waiting for new content to roll in.

There are too many inconsistencies in Rumble Fighter unlike the more mainstream titles that are run by decent companies. The inconsistencies need to be fixed before hyping up Rumble Fighter; if we don't, new players will join, quit after a few weeks, and never look back.

7. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

I agree, Minecraft is popular, so Dream gained more traction because of it. But, he wouldn't have been so popular if he wasn't as creative as he is. He puts a lot of effort to make sure that his videos are funny and watchable. A game being popular won't help a content creator if they are bad at producing content.

I'm not saying to attract current NHAAers, stat hoars... I'm saying to attract players who would be interested in the aspect of playing a game that includes those elements. More players = more rooms, more activity.

Waiting for the inconsistencies to be fixed is like waiting for the next blue moon. We have no control over when those things will be fixed or added. What we do have control over right now is the power to create content that helps and entertains potential and existing players.

Edit: I understand your point that we don't have enough players/rooms. But if we aren't working on attracting new players, then no new players will come in to play NHAA, random maps, etc. We still somehow have a good amount of newbies playing daily. I don't know where they come from! But they enjoy the game in its current state regardless of being a new gen. There are certainly more players like that out there who would play and enjoy RF just the way it is. To put things into perspective, when I was a newbie, I was excited at the prospect of owning Jujitsu, a 9000 carat scroll. And I grinded every day till I got it.

Short term=Long term
    The things we do short term will help our efforts in the long term. The dream we think about in the long term will help us create the basis for our efforts in the short term.

To everyone, add to the Wiki, post on the forums, be nice to fellow players, do anything positive that will help fuel our long term goals. At the end of the day, what we do in the micro will help us in the macro.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 8:30 PM
  8. Escha

Escha Member

You have a point there. I just want Rumble Fighter to look like a well-made MMORPG contender like the other high-end games. Where Rumble Fighter finally has the aesthetic bugs, grammatical errors, and lore discrepancies fixed; and improved tutorials and lore consistent content are added or rearranged.

For example:
    In my opinion, the event boss modes look like they were just pasted onto the map. I mean the Harlem Boss Mode is right in the middle of the sea. I doubt Blacktop Melee is even located there.

9. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Waiting for Rumble Fighter to get that visual update is backwards thinking. There are a lot of things to consider when updating the client, the most important one being budget. Look at League of Legends for example. The client is still a piece of trash according to a majority of the community, and Riot Games is a multimillion dollar corporation.
    Perhaps if Rumble Fighter had more traffic and popularity, we would then begin to see changes.
    LOL
    I agree, those inconsistencies can easily be changed. I'm surprised to see that they still haven't after all these years.

10. Escha

Escha Member

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of fixing the Boss Mode "no effects" bug.
    After running through Al Hata several times, I can't see the fog from the traps or the ice effects from Typhoon.
    I was hoping they'd fix that, not overhaul the graphics. I apologize for not clarifying lol

11. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

I agree! I wonder why those details haven't been fixed yet.
    I meant to address this. Imo, improving the client is a high risk, low reward project. It requires a huge investment of time, money, and resources; The new client may not even function for half of the community and then we would have to find new fixes to new bugs, which is why I say that waiting for features or things to be added is backwards thinking.

We already have a lot that we can work with. It's just a matter of actually putting in the effort to create content that people would enjoy consuming. It's hard work! It's hard work to actually put content out there that is digestible for newcomers and existing users to watch. But, we gotta start somewhere.

12. Escha

Escha Member

Again, I apologize; I did not mean messing with the client. What I meant was fix the bugs and the lore. Nothing too high budget, just something immersive like Runescape level lore would be much appreciated.

HYTNANO likes this.
  13. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Oh I see! Yeah, I thought you were talking about a client overhaul. Mb! It would be very interesting if we could expand on the lore. I wonder if we can make a lore as a community, or if the lore is completely dependent on the devs.

14. M0nstersBDAY

M0nstersBDAY New Member

They can't fix the bugs. I sent in videos showing them how. They ignored. Thats all

15. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

It won't work. The p2w bs in this generation is only maintainable long-term on mobile games. If Nimonix really cared they would reboot the game from level zero, make it way more skill-based by erasing **** like verm exo, and make all of the microtransaction items earnable with in-game currency. Maybe copy the seasonal rewards thing that every game is doing now after Fortnite. Then they could expand to consoles . But we all know Nimonix is operated by a bunch of braindead queef-sniffs, so... nah. Better off selling all rights to Disney.

16. Escha

Escha Member

@M0nstersBDAY

I guess they need to turn to someone who can: like hiring programmers outside of NimoniX, creating a copy of Rumble Fighter and beta testing to see if they can fix it themselves, or sell the game altogether to a more competent high-end gaming company.

What I had in mind is not sending in individual tickets to the RedFox Support Team, rather I'd think it'd be more effective to create well-thought-out Forum Threads explaining the issue and showing the rest of the community what is going on. Instead of just posting patchwork complaints, it'd alleviate us from blame and redirect it to the developers.

Right now, I'm guessing they assume the community isn't worth their time: too much trash talking, unpresentable behavior, and other qualities that would cause any executive to look down on us.

@Lephantis

I agree: the bias towards P2W is hurting the game's chances of keeping players long-term. However, I disagree with abolishing the P2W model and overhauling the game.
    • Instead of erasing overpowered ExoCores, NimoniX could just balance or nerf them. They could also add stat limitation settings when creating a room; like how we can handicap when picking our characters in Tekken.
    • If they reboot the entire game, they run the risk of losing a significant amount of loyal players and revenue. Nobody wants to start over.
    • Not all items should be earnable with in-game currency, some items should be kept at a premium: the item shop prices are decent as it already is.
    The game is already very skill-based if we're talking Moonlight Valley or other edge maps. It is generally one-sided if it's on a flat map like Blacktop Melee when stats and overpowered ExoCores are involved. Just balance or nerf ExoCores and add stat limitation settings.

Here's a video I watched awhile back about the reasoning behind buffing and nerfing:
    Analysis: Why We Should Buff More Than Nerf by Core-A Gaming.

HYTNANO likes this.
  17. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Agreed entirely. I was just thinking about that today; if you're good enough on moon, it doesn't matter how much stats the other players have -- you can just juggle and knock them off the map. Stat-limit rooms are also an excellent idea.

18. Lephantis

Lephantis Active Member

@Escha The game's current regular population is like 50 people. Cater to the minority or attempt to appeal to the potential new players that make up the vast majority. Years of the former have done nothing beneficial for the game, and I see not why that would magically change if and when done again. I know if I were to jump into a game as a newbie with Renegade and not land a hit on some cheesin' Black Dragon player, I would say **** it and boot up Tekken.

SwankZX likes this.
  19. HYTNANO

HYTNANO Member

Or, cater to both. The reason noobs are going up against Black Dragon is because they're forced to play with experienced players in the Free channel. If there was an influx of noobs coming in, they would fill the newbie channels.

Escha likes this.
  20. Escha

Escha Member

@HYTNANO
    Only problem is that experienced trolls would make a new account and tyrannize the newbie channels. Then again, if it's just a probability of 1 troll to 100 newbies, the influx of noobs would balance out the trolls fighting in the newbie channels. Had the same conversation with @Tengu.

@Lephantis
    Haha same, I would too if someone were spamming that scroll. That's why we were talking about better tutorials and more new players. Here's a conversation I had with Tengu:
    http://forums.playredfox.com/index....ble-fighter-go-viral.51562/page-2#post-494801.
    HYTNANO pretty much summarized the problem with noobs in the Free Channel. Imagine having to fight Trickster with Black Dragon and revs on LOL, the guy make the whole room cringe.

HYTNANO likes this.