All-Purpose Scroll Tier List *Updated 11/2/17*

Discussion in 'Game Guides' started by Tengu, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

All-Purpose Scroll Tier List
    Not just 1v1s, Moon etc

S: The absolute best; gods among scrolls. You would do best to fear them.
    A+: The best of the best. These scrolls are extremely good, and they're up here for a reason.
    A and A-: Top scrolls that have more than the necessary moves needed to secure victory. Encompasses a wide range of scrolls, but they lack one or more elements that place them into A+. Still, all of these scrolls are excellent.
    B+ to B: Similar tier to A. All are great scrolls, just they are lacking one or more elements (speed, damage, range, etc.) that allow them to compete fairly with A+ or A scrolls.
    C+ to C: Made up of many scrolls that in the past we're considered B to B+ tier that pushed the old C and C+ tier into the D+ tier as new scrolls released and filled the tiers. Don't like the C fool you, many of these scrolls were feared in their day and are not to be taken lightly in the hands of skilled players.
    D+: These scrolls are lacking more moves that make winning easier, so more effort will be needed to use them. Normally scrolls are placed here because they lack an effective juggle launcher (a huge disability), a lack of effective variety, or severely lacking in damage (compared to higher ranked scrolls)
    D: Laugh, but not too hard.
    Limbo: Scrolls that cannot be judged for various reasons.
    Black/Bold: Preliminary rating. Further testing is needed before its placement is made final.

S(age) Tier
    Black Master
    Spike
    Yellow Dragon RE
    Black Dragon
    Blood Dragon
    Sumo BF LE
    Inferno
    Sage Master
    [GM]'s Jin Taekwondo (Male)
    Shadow Ninjitsu
    Parkour
    [GM]'s Dark Haze Ninjitsu (Female)
    Savate
    Tempest

A+ Tier
    Blood Wind Ninjitsu R
    Redemption
    Taekwondo SE
    Jin Taekwondo
    Geumgangtu SE
    Dark Haze Ninjitsu
    Hitman BF LE
    Boxing SE
    Hunter
    Red Scorpion S
    Stalker BF LE
    Jujitsu SE
    Lightning BF LE
    Kyokushin Karate (RFNA: ZinKarate)
    Drunken Boxing SE
    Kingpin
    Shoot Boxing
    Rage BF LE
    Electro - PP Reset

A Tier
    Blood Wind Ninjitsu
    White Fang
    Sasinmu (RFNA: Metatron)
    Cyclone BF LE
    Lightning
    Mystic Arts
    Hawkhunter
    Pencak Silat
    Azure Dragon
    Crane
    Ice Breaker S
    Sumo
    Abyss - drops better, angles better, drifts safer
    Hung Gar
    Abyss BF LE
    Hitman

A- Tier
    Slasher Persona (Shaolin Tiger)
    Extreme Taekwondo
    Heartseeker
    The Wind
    Rage
    Vermillion Phoenix
    Marang Ninjitsu
    Eagle Claw
    Aikido
    Black Leg
    Asura
    Stinger
    Kazakh Kuresi
    Kenpo
    Tengoryu Karate
    Crasher
    Five Animals (Snake)
    Bushin (Muhon's)
    Destroyer BF LE
    Another Serpent
    Wing Chun

B+ Tier
    Blackout
    Twister (El Lucha)
    Praying Mantis
    Gentleman
    Muay Boran
    White Tiger
    Volt
    Dragon
    Stalker
    Dirty
    Fearless
    Drunken Master
    Agent
    Telos
    Cyclone
    Choy Li Fut

B Tier
    Black Tortoise
    Krav Maga
    Capoeira
    Jin Taekkyon
    Lucha Libre
    Leviathan
    Soulless
    Combat Taekkyon
    Limen Baguazhang
    Ice Breaker
    Slash
    Red Storm
    Destroyer
    Agni
    Another Ninjitsu
    Azteca
    Tongbeiquan

C+ Tier
    Plum Blossom Ninjitsu
    Pa Kua Kwon
    Xinyi Liuhe Quan
    Vale Tudo
    Shidokan
    Xingyiquan
    Red Rock Ninjitsu
    Inner Fire
    Red Leg
    Volador
    Sanshou
    Darksider
    Muscle Buster
    Viper

C Tier
    Mao Gong
    Judo
    Combat Sambo
    The Serpent
    Liberty
    Koroshu
    Cold Blood
    Another Baguazhang
    Kobudo
    Meriken
    Avenger
    Koppo (Born)
    Sunmudo
    Persona
    Pro Wrestling
    Geumgangtu

D+ Tier
    Dambe
    Mach Knuckle
    Red Scorpion
    Jeet Kun Do
    Android
    Exile
    Infinite Ninjitsu
    Drunken Boxing
    Kung Fu
    Shaolin
    Taekkyon
    Karate
    Taekwondo
    Boxing
    Muay Thai
    Baguazhang

D Tier
    Murekwon
    Ninjitsu
    Jujitsu
    Renegade
    Street

Limbo
    Boxing SE (Temp) - Status: Broken. Listed combos are wrong. KKPP crashes your game.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    NeoStrayFox, lVlonsterCat and Shana like this.
  2. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

We have 2 new tier lists I'm really looking forward to the progression of them

wendy101 and lVlonsterCat like this.
  3. Reservations

Reservations New Member

Zin Karate? Your thoughts? FuzionBranz labeled it as a top tier scroll, so I started practicing with it.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  4. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

Wait Redemption as S? LOL no Pencak Parkour rage and more? "its all about the user" true

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  5. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

All of Rage's attacks are fast and it has 4 kick combo options including a 4input 8hit launcher all while requiring little to not effort on the user's part. There's a reason Galdeira listed it's Difficulty to Use as "Spammable".

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  6. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

#3 A+ tier scroll also with Difficulty to use: Spammable. I don't think anything will ever be better than ZinTKD's speed or BWN's stun levels but Kyokushin Karate gives them a run for their money.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  7. SacredSword

SacredSword Well-Known Member

I guess you just cant use it. Sigh Same

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  8. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Branz just has a lot of stuff that's obviously wrong. Galdeira's tier list was more accurate.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  9. Jarrod

Jarrod Active Member

Pancake should be S rank honestly if this is "All Purpose" it has some of the best angles in the game, good counter, amazing recoveries, powerful 2 hit, guard break, all combos are fence launchers etc.. can go on and on.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Pencak Silat is the only scroll I've never owned/used and I feel the people I've seen with it only use it to half it's potential miscontruing my judgements of it's hit/block stun to recovery/delay ratios. I don't think tho that it's an S tier scroll. It may be good to great but it's only best at being a straight-forward beat'em up scroll whereas all scrolls in the S tier have crazy combo versatility i.e. Inferno Tempest and Redemption being able to just about anything somewhere in each scroll. Pencak is about as good as Crane but even then Crane can dodge->stun and BU launch.

Depending on it's actual ratios tho I could see it being in the A+ tier.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  11. TheFuzionBranz

TheFuzionBranz Wiki Creator & Manager, Scroll Masters Finalist

Inferno Tempest Redemption as best scrolls?
    Kingpin on tier with top 10 scrolls
    Electro under all of those others
    Muay Boran sittin down in B tier
    Dambe and Infinite Ninjitsu in C tier

XD

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  12. Sovereign

Sovereign Well-Known Member

Thread is a joke

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  13. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

Wtf have u seen a professional player use borns punch combo pressure boost that sht up to A- meriken has arguably the fastest punch combo in game should be at least b+

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  14. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

"All Purpose" meaning overall. Inferno Tempest and Redemption can do a lot of versatile ****. Kingpin on stages with an edge is very much an A+ scroll to be using. Electro is about as good as Crane but even then Crane can dodge->stun, BU launch and high fence with punches but I admit Electro has it's own form of cheaty luck magic that makes it better. Boran should be in A tier but I didnt save my last edit. Dambe and Infinite are C tier tho because you gotta work for what you get with those scrolls.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  15. TheFuzionBranz

Dambe has the best dmg output for a 2hit launcher/4hit main combo scroll, while having so much stun and speed. It is a easier to control Telos basically. Infact its got amazing delays and safety.

The RF system doesnt require scrolls to be versitile. Shoot boxing being the best on every map almost is uncontestable because its the most balanced scroll in the kick with its KPP and KKKK combo. The safety, stun, recovery, angles, control and movement are all perfect with incredible speed. It can angle (hence edge on the smallest of bridges such as moon), a launcher is the same thing as a fence combo in most scenarios, specially since you can ram after shoot's.

Put Shoot boxing up against tempest or Inferno on moonlight or dos palmas with 2 equal skill players, Both of those scrolls with their low priority speed first kick hits and harder to control/less pressure combos will fall quick against Shoot boxing.

Infinite Ninjitsu's CZ skill alone is better than WhiteFangs combo breaker skill, it has a very safe fence combo too. (Cant be hit by ground range hits/slides)

Electro has 2 guard breakers, 2 fence combos, ground hit, pressuring counter, reset, multiple advance nanmus, a fence combo that launchest over cactus and high platforms while having incredible hitbox and speed. A scroll like Shaolin Crane with same skill players have no chance vs Electro on any map.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Shoot is strong but it doesnt have the options those S tier scrolls have or in Sage's case the opness. Grabbed/Countered by Tempest on a stage with a ledge or any combo in general and youre probably dead because it has safe or perfect angle attacks all over. Inferno can do amazing drop resets on any stage with multiple platforms while also being able to do everything i.e. 4 launchers 2 dodges 2 3 fencers 2 ground hits with a stationary mini-nanmu counter. Redem is arguable because Im unfamiliar with its nerf tho Redem has so much punish and potential mindgames... but Shadow Nin and Parkour are nyuts. No other scrolls give Sage a run for their money. I'll admit I was wrong about Electro's potential (also saw Mewtwo's vid mfw the hax) I just rarely use the scroll because of how despised it is. Reminds me of the new Crane.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  17. TheFuzionBranz

Inferno has a cool counter, but it sucks. Infernos grab can be savered mid way hurting its range. Its kick combo is horrible and punch has 0 stun. It has 2 dodges but neither of them give you pressure advantage since the opponent is more free to move than the player using the dodge.

Shoot boxing counter + grab will still be very more effective than having to actually juggle after countering on edge maps. The best ofense is ofense. If I want to juggle I will do a juggle launcher. Countering is just risking and not really needed.

Redemption doesnt have much potential. It gives you pressure advantage with its stun/safety in its kick combo and the fact you can get the back of non saver users with Cz P. Its an OP due to its easyness to use and steroid for creating pressure and maintaining which players cant normally due as easy.

Sage master is S-tier for its damage and potential to steroid every aspect of a players skill. The scroll itself has the S tier rating because all you need to do in FFA and 4v4 is mash KKK in angles to kill people EASIER because no scroll compares in range. The scroll itself in a 1v1 situation or compared to other in terms of tools, speedand abilities is horrible. Slow, Cant spam first hit, 7 Hit biggest combo, Ground breaker only has ground range. No EASY WAY to execute nanmu unless you launch, low jump and nanmu.

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  18. BloodNinja

BloodNinja Well-Known Member

Sumo shouldn't be that high it's slow asf virtually any stun and u will lose every first punch battle only good for edges Deserves to be b+at the least

lVlonsterCat likes this.
  19. TheFuzionBranz

I'd kinda leave it B-. This is not an impressive scroll

20. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Again this all is -very- crucial elements of a -1v1- which would affect it's tier there but when it comes to overall potential including their potentials in FFAs, Teams, scroll+exo combos, potential stage tricks and difficulty to perform them etc etc the S tiers that I listed to use your wording "steroid every aspect of the players skill".

Why I see Redem being Semi OP
    -Punches look like kicks which confuses non-vets
    -Punch combo can travel down ledges (kind of a big deal) and high fencer /w a spike
    -Amazing movement. It's nearly impossible to punish Redem if theres a nearby ledge.
    -Delays are great
    -2hit has a GIANT hitbox to catch jumpers and the forward hop can be used to drop to safety. also charge.
    -4th kick is identical to your 1st punch
    -Relatively easy to use
    -kGP is a ground hit that gives you their back for wake up games or its a crossup. One of a kind.
    -kGK range is better than you expect it to be and doesnt have zero delay like the kGP
    -You dont realize how OP the dodge is till you see Yoh using it in a Bossmode
    -Sage distance grab
    -Reversal counter can end fights on stages with ledges
    -Nanmu's double cross-up has a LOOOOT of positioning potential b/c you can always stop.

I could've elaborated more into stage specific ****, usefulness in FFA/Teams but you get the idea. If I had instead done Inferno I don't know when I would stop because I've seen some insane **** that would've been impossible for any other scroll. If theres a nearby ledge a -decent- Inferno user could at minimum re-juggle you in the other direction with the KK(G+K) and that's just one of Yiffy's more common tricks.

Steroids was a good word.

lVlonsterCat likes this.