Advanced Clans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tarukmackto, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Tarukmackto

Tarukmackto New Member

First off i want to thank Redfox Gaming for hosting this great game. And secondly i want to talk about the 3 advanced clans. Is this being worked on? has anyone even gotten started on it? if so what is the status on this part of the game? And also graphic update for the game what is the status on this as well?

Thank You

Honor and Righteousness

2. OldFella

OldFella Active Member

The 3 Adv clans ideas died with Acclaim. Is never going to happen.
    Ver 1.5 only has a couple of SS. That's it, is not even out in KR Server unless i'm mistaken ( i don't play there )

sdadsfsa likes this.
  3. HaroldBishop

HaroldBishop New Member

They would need to pay Steven-Elliot Altman AKA The Hermit for the rights, he is the one that wrote the western version of the 9Dragons story for Acclaim.

The advance clans never existed, he made them up.

4. archforge

archforge Member

No they were totally planned to happen, they just scrapped the idea early in development and decided to add them in other ways. So far the black dragons have been added as the foes in Tibet and Potala Palace, as for the iron fist and Noble family I doubt we will see them and if we do it will only be in a small part of them like a few NPCs here and there or maybe the iron fists will just be a random threat in some later map. But at this point the devs are working on the graphic update while they think up what random bull **** to add to the game. The main story line has been thrown out of the window by this point. I doubt we will ever see a completed Road to Dragon story line at any point.

OldFella and sdadsfsa like this.
  5. HaroldBishop

HaroldBishop New Member

Are you sure? It thought it was pretty common knowledge at the time that Acclaim hired Altman to write the western story, obviously he took influence from the original lore.

I don't mean to sound rude but where is your info from? Are you affiliated with indi21?

I have never heard anything official about the nobles ever being intended to be playable characters, other than hearsay from other players.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have Altman to thank that they are even in the game.

TBH, I think Acclaim and Altman probably could of had them implemented if they pushed for it, no other publisher will have the influence and freedom to customised 9dragons like Acclaim did, back in the day.

Well its hard to continue without Altman, It is his story.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    Perfection likes this.
  6. DrRockzo

DrRockzo Active Member

There are several references to them in NPC dialogue but that's really as far as it got

7. Tarukmackto

Tarukmackto New Member

I want to thank all of you on this feed back I am greatly thankful. And yes I am an original member of the Outcasts and NamelessPath back in Bardo and I love this game. If only we had really driven people to really bring this game even further than it is now. It would be glorious and profound not to just the players but somewhat history of the kung fu arts.

Thank you
    Honor And Righteousness

8. Rizen788

Rizen788 New Member

This will never be part of the game. The idea died with acclaim. You have to picture redfox as just a host. Most host that have had this game never really modified it beyound the basic already existing effects in the game. I wouldnt ever get your hopes up for anything big to come to this game. Ive followed this game since 2006 and as great as a game it is. It will never reach its fullest. 11 years and the game is very much the same. A few new maps, higher lvls and advanced clans. Level protection and the stat system. It is different just not any further then a 11 year old game should be.

9. sdadsfsa

sdadsfsa Active Member

Though, graphics engine is a big change.