about filters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Darvunx, May 5, 2019.

1. Darvunx

Darvunx New Member

can someone explain to me how these fking donkeys have literally filtered every god damn word in the english language lets see c0me , n3t , sh1t since im writing this i can;t coime up with them and there are tons more

ass is not filtered but sh1t is and these arent bat words urm0m is filtered lol

talk about donkeys filtering every english word

2. xenshoa

xenshoa New Member

Most of the word filters are only filtered cause of gold sellers. if a gold seller uses the word to advertise their website, its generally gonna lead to those letters being filtered.Not the smartest idea but it's how they fought them in the past.

Junky91 likes this.
  3. Darvunx

Darvunx New Member

wow what a good solution filtering those words besides they use special characters now to avoid that anyways its a dumb solution

4. Darvunx

Darvunx New Member

5. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

Turning sensors off will be ideally since we are all mature humans beings and cursing is normal right? But addressing the profanity to another being is against the tos and forum rules. I mean you can say oh f, i just died or ****, f man and so on. But some people get out of control and go beyond of being mature.

6. pvtkourkoutas

pvtkourkoutas Member

Censors do not help at all since, at least 99% of players can correctly guess what " **** you " means (and it's not " love you " :p ), so why would you censor those combinations and immediately cancel out a bunch of other words at the same time? It would just make communication things clearer if you say what you want and other player receives exactly what you said! Plus, you lose so much time in the beginning to find out which combination gets censored in a word and how you have to write it in order to avoid getting censored. Of course things get even harder if you have spaces between 2 censored words...

Also, since when s*x, c*me, n*t, sh*t are "immature" enough to get censored?!

Junky91 likes this.
  7. Yacha

Yacha Well-Known Member

The official tos age is 18+. We are allowed to use bad words, but why is it prohibited? We need to make this clear to Redfox! Why do we get banned for cursing in game? Should not be a bannable offense.

pvtkourkoutas likes this.
  8. BirdbrainX

BirdbrainX Well-Known Member

Its about civility in game. The occasional WTF and such that isn't directed at cussing other players would be acceptable imo, but when players are toxic to one another, I find that unacceptable.

Yacha likes this.
  9. BloodySpear

BloodySpear Active Member

After 10 years of playing 9Dragons I’m kinda used to the filtering system... :D

10. RingoChan

RingoChan Active Member

Not 100% sure, but I think the censor system was set up more than a decade ago by Korean standards of censorship. Korean men cuss and swear like the rest of us, just not in front of women and children. It's a cultural thing in Korea to be more respectful in your speech, unlike.. er.. English and a lot of other languages where swearing is more common in everyday dialogue..

See this thread.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/korea/comments/9909jn/how_common_is_the_use_of_swear_words_in_south/

Already, some words like pass (contains ass) have been fixed. I remember typing pazz way back when.

Get used to typing komplete (or co mplete) like the rest of us, and no www to avoid gold sellers sending you to their website. Even in 2006 when 9dragons came to the west, gold sellers was already a problem in mmo's.