A Message from JoongWon Games

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Shinnen, Apr 7, 2016.

1. [GM]Shinnen

[GM]Shinnen RedFox Games Staff Member

Hello, 9Dragons Community!

Here's a message from the developers.

Shing, williamds and Monkhi like this.
  2. SzittyHUN

SzittyHUN New Member

i love pk !!!!!

SirRazvan likes this.
  3. exShadow

exShadow Active Member

Shinnen, Thanks for the bringing the message from JW to us.

But due to the current conditions of server, whatever the way JW is trying to cure, the damage is already done. Many players has left, in these two days after Anti-PK pills has removed and made Icy/Tibet/LL open pvp. Those who came back, after Anti-PK pills was introduced, are gone now. If the fix is coming in June with other big contents, I don't think Tao will last until that time. There'll be more and more people leaving. Since you guys make it open PvP, players will do PK again and gain and at all time, until other players unable to play. That's what RedFox want Players to do. And, yes, that's how RedFox do business. That's reallly enjoyable the way of RedFox making business. RedFox losing players meaning losing customers or potential customers who gives RedFox employees salaries. Since RedFox refused to accept money from PvE players, well, your choice.

Personally, I find it hilarious with the way RedFox's 9D is being managed. May I ask are they really competent with their works? I seriously doubt it. Developed a function without detail analysis, and after that, released it with no proper testing. Well, that's definitely awesome, as an IT company. However, that's the game we play, developed and support by them. So, will just wait and see, and be ready to jump over another game.

DragonAvatar, Spite and BipolarTuna like this.
  4. Beng78

Beng78 New Member

Hi,

Can you give a definite answer on whether the revised anti pk potion will be effective on icy, tibet & temples map?

I think this is what most pve players would like to know.

If no, then I would appreciate you let us know early and don't waste our time.

Please fix the more important aspects of the anti pk buff. Eg which maps will it be effective.

Please don't say you gonna spend months to fix this aspect, and as can be seen after the latest patch most leagues buff had drop which clearly shown that players are leaving.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    DragonAvatar, Spite and Wagon like this.
  5. Yiotis

Yiotis New Member

Shinnen, thank you for relaying this message from JWGames

I do believe JWGames meant to say "caused severe problems" here. They did rush an unscheduled update because a big part of the community badly wanted it. As a result very little testing was done and problems appeared. The problems are not being ignored, they are being looked at.
    as for the "Spirit of the Conqueror" cavity press getting removed from character...
    You get the buff in CC, then you go out of CC in to BP. Bloody Plains has been since the beginning of 9Dragons the first full PvP area. It's natural that the Anti PK buff would go away.
    Currently the only way to keep it, is to go into CC, get the buff and use a Couriers Guild Voucher to teleport to the map you want. you will keep the buff up to LD. If you teleport to Icy Palace or Tibet you loose the buff because the "infernal army vs Imperial army" Occupational War event takes place there. And in Loulan there is a special pvp thing going on, so no Anti PK buff there as well.

6. Cadic

Cadic Member

Good Job, anti PK is disaster

7. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

There are far too many of these threads and apologies from JWG but they never hold up on their word. All of this, every last bit could have been avoided with a proper amount of prior testing before the content went live.

KProphetK and Spite like this.
  8. Teknoman

Teknoman New Member

in my opinion it should be done as it was on gc two servers one with free pvp on every map and if you like you can make your character there and kill players as much as you want. And second server with no pvp (pvp on only in bp and loulan) and every one will be satisfied.

akam6666 and crazylynn like this.
  9. BipolarTuna

BipolarTuna Active Member

So, it still doesn't work in Icy or Tibet?

10. hearing

hearing New Member

no anti pk, no game, no more donate, bye..

11. Yasumori

Yasumori Active Member

> do +18~+20 refinements
    > forget about 18-20 thousands of bugs

12. perseus90

perseus90 New Member

Need 1 more server, Tao for PK and 1 more server non-PK

LadyDia55, Boss, akam6666 and 2 others like this.
  13. Spite

Spite Well-Known Member

When will that get implemented and which maps?

Oitza likes this.
  14. Kolalutu

Kolalutu Member

So let me get this straight. 9d worked fine as a fully pvp game until it hit the western carebear market. Thank you JoongWon for pointing this out.

15. archforge

archforge Member

The major damage they are talking about is the fact that you could use the anti pk potion during the SvS so you couldn't die while threatening the owner.

16. ToMaZzz

ToMaZzz Active Member

Well yea it worked and I can tell u why. In KR the ones who are into PVP dont atk those grinding on maps and just ignore them and go around to find those that are into PVP but here we got many "bad azzes " who cant manage to do that as on KR so thats why it doesnt work :). So the main point is respect to one another gameplay

17. atkuzis

atkuzis Active Member

yeah that is true I have never seen any1 PK in Lioadong in general because there are 0 people there just a couple that are lowbies and might PK with each other and PK is very like not common I c people CR are like 200 kills 10 deaths or something o_O

18. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

We don't have that information yet.

19. Zaraton

Zaraton Member

People who PK players that don't stand a chance against the attacker are trash/scum or whatever word you want for it. 9Dragons lacks PvP content but that isn't an excuse to PK player 24+ levels lower than you just because they pose no threat. Also, The diehard PKers (not PvP players) of this game typically get owned in MMOs with real PvP content where said players have to face similar leveled players. Let me put it into terms you will understand since your group is extremely dense.

24 level difference = 100 stat points + 40 premium buff stat boost (spenders vs free players) = 140 stat difference.
    Toss in weapon difference (bonuses), armor, and accessories. Now you further outweigh said target

Killing players more than 12 levels below you = Griefing not PvP. Seems some people don't know what the definition of PvP means. PvP is not the same as PKing.

Must be really tough facing players that have no chance against your character as you outgear them severely. The difference between KR and NA/EU versions is that the KR community has far more respect for one another and they don't go killing every player in sight. In NA/EU if it breathes and can be attacked it usually gets attacked. The reason NA/EU needs an anti-PK buff or pill is because the PKers on this version have no respect for the rest of their peers and don't care if the server lives or dies.

I have no issue with PvP and I PvP in other MMOs/games. However, 9Dragons PvP is such a joke that I don't care for it. PvP here has been a joke since even Acclaim days. The developers did nothing to have PvP mean anything in the game other than being an ego boost and karma titles. Some people this means stuff to but others don't care for it.

Forcing the server to be full PvP will only cause the population to decline to the point PKers are the only ones left which past experience showed that there aren't enough to keep said server running for long. Why repeat what happened with Yin (Acclaim PvP server), Yin (GamersFirst PvP server), and Yin (GamesCampus) which all closed before the hosting companies stopped supporting/running this game?

Now with the above said the difference between Acclaim days and now is the fact that there aren't any Hero Leagues that stand up to the violent oppressors that freelance around the map slaughtering players that can't defend themselves. Back in Acclaim you had these groups and they did a very good job with this. As the game got passed through different publishers older players left the game for either real life or different games. People adopted the slaughtering players who couldn't fight back rather than defending these players. The community has become sad and toxic due to this. Not sure if this path can be corrected and the need for a feature you remove yourself from PvP is overwhelming.

The anti-PK buff or pill should work on all grinding maps and players should be able to acquire it from all Hermits not just the CC Hermit. Leave BP fully PvP enabled while the rest become optional PvP with the exception of the event areas like HZ SvS area and those that are in Wanted status can't use it. This way players that want to grind can do so in peace. If this isn't done the population will tank within a couple months if not sooner.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  20. shemei

shemei New Member

if there is no anti pk,no play.no extra nerves