9Dragons on STEAM coming soon!

Discussion in 'Archive' started by [GM]Ahri, Feb 2, 2017.

1. xiaolin

xiaolin Member

What's the connections between STEAM and TGW? Dafuq. I thought this thread is all about steam launch. @ahri, Can you please reply if there will be benefits on steam users like us?

Okiku likes this.
  2. Isabel

Isabel New Member

can you guys give us the update on this? will

any update? will we keep all items and chars? pls give us any details tyvm

3. [GM]Ahri

[GM]Ahri RedFox Games Staff Member

@Isabel To clear up any concerns, this is not a service transfer, this is not an account transfer, and your items are safe. More information to come soon.

4. Allcharge

Allcharge New Member

so its simply another way to download the game and get 9dragons more prominence in the mmo world? if so i'm excited

Falcon likes this.
  5. Yiotis

Yiotis New Member

Hello all, some clarification on this new Steam 9Dragons.

Steam, as Falcon very well said (first page of this thread, 4th or 5th comment), Is like a game library.
    You register an account with them and you can buy games there, or some available free to play games (like 9Dragons is going to be) will be available to you to install and launch with the Steam Client.

The game will be the same. The server will be the same. Red Fox Games will still be the publisher. All your stuff will still be there. If you so like you can just ignore this Steam thing and continue playing as you normally did. Only side effect you will notice is many new players not knowing about the game trying it out, having seen it appear on Steam. They may stay with the game, they may not. Only time will tell.

One important thing is... How will existing Red Fox accounts will be verified (linked) with new or existing Steam accounts? I used to play another Free2Play MMO and i saw it pop up on steam. But when i tried to link my existing account i could not do it. So effectively i was starting over.
    But when i visited that game's web page, and reset my password (and downloaded the game directly from them) i was able to access my old account that i had not used in ~2 years.

To wrap it all up, this Steam stuff will only influence the arrival of new players. Already existing players will not be affected.

And in case anyone is interested that other game was Uncharted Waters Online (UWO) a naval exploration MMO set in the golden age of sailing (13th ~15th century)

Pna1Dra6on likes this.
  6. Isabel

Isabel New Member

i see 2 server now after the maint... can you update us if where is the pvp or the pve server?

7. x4nax

x4nax New Member

The response from the public from the previous versions that were green lit were less than positive so I'd be sceptical about this bringing in many new players but it's a start in the positive direction for this game.

8. TooMuchSwagz

TooMuchSwagz New Member

Will it be possible to use the redfox accounts on steam?

9. GoliaX

GoliaX Member

Why don't you read? 3 posts above you have your answer, well...everywhere on this topic, even the GM answered your question TT'

10. saifuzaman

saifuzaman Member

Can we continue play without install STEAM?

11. BlackCrusader

BlackCrusader New Member

Ahh, I've been waiting for this. I played this game since acclaim, I hope it doesn't go p2w again. Is the korean ginseng going to be removed? Because that's what literally killed pvp back then. HD FTW!! Also it would be nice to have GM's around for active events like back in acclaim. And gold spammer bots won't be around anymore right..? RIGHT? Would be a nice update to actually have an auction house, less electricity bill and my wifi data wouldnt like it haha.

12. Michydutzaa

Michydutzaa New Member

Hello. When The New Server will start? Becoz on Steam iits say The game will be avabile in 14 hours..lol..

13. Speed25

Speed25 New Member

Hi . 52 min -look second post in this theard.

14. Michydutzaa

Michydutzaa New Member

Then from where i download the game ? Becoz on Steam official site its nothing..its say its avabile in 13+ hours

15. Speed25

Speed25 New Member

It's same Client i think , just New server . You can download from this site. left side "download Client" when you enter site.

16. GoliaX

GoliaX Member

You can wait 13h like Steam says or download from here.

17. Filpez

Filpez New Member

How do we connect our previous instalation to steam?

18. Michydutzaa

Michydutzaa New Member

So when New Server start? the time its pass...LOL..i tell you..need wait 10 more hours till Steam realease Client to start from there...

19. Filpez

Filpez New Member

Will I need to reinstall it from Steam to connect it?

20. Speed25

Speed25 New Member

They said:
    "The server will be unavailable at 6:00 PM PST (so 3am in Europe Wed)on Tuesday", February 14th for maintenance and the maintenance will be 3-6 hours . So server will start 13-16 hours from now . This time in second post was wrong.