9D Premium 15.00 USD monthly... Why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Veltaine, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

-30 days $14.99 * <- Final Fantasy XIV (8 characters, unlimited normal content and no paywall)
    -30 days $11.99 <- Blade and Soul (with options to reduce prices for buying more advanced)
    -New Age of wulin $10 (40 gold) per month for VIP (30 gold) -
    So every 4th month is kinda a free VIP. (added by Popzzzzz)

15.00 dollars for 9D Redfox. still. Not feeling that nostalgic to play a game that is going to cost me more than other games that have a more fleshed out system.

I have a strange attachment to this game, and am making this argument because I feel this is too steep of a price to be asking for, and would enjoy paying you instead of playing another game.

Especially when I have legacy status on FFXIV, can play for 9.99 a month. But again, nostalgia!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    santiago23751, Swim, machatzi and 5 others like this.
  2. SpoilerOfGames

SpoilerOfGames New Member

Couldn't agree more

3. BloodyHands786

BloodyHands786 New Member

Couldn't Agree more!

4. kobasica

kobasica Active Member

Don't forget op tria, this game cost at minimum 25$ per month. F2P lol

Woshi and Veltaine like this.
  5. Popzzzzz

Popzzzzz New Member

Age of wulin $10 (40 gold) per month for VIP (30 gold) - So every 4th month is kinda a free VIP.

9 dragons is daylight robbery especially when they have such crap content and pathetic staff

Rucket and Veltaine like this.
  6. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

Hope you don't mind, going to add the price comparison to the OP, just to back up the point.

7. kobasica

kobasica Active Member

They made game die before it started with overpriced items, without which you aren't able to play properly. +60 all with 15% crit rate and 25% dmg on crit hit, with 100% exp/skill.... vs nothing.
    First time you decide not to pay you will be forced to quit.
    Premium items should provide some small difference but nothing that affects pvp like this here.

Veltaine likes this.
  8. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

I can't play anymore, after getting PK'ed the game refused to work for me. So I play other games, but as Trevino says, friends. lol SO many friends made from this game. I appreciate the effort they are doing to try to keep this game on an official server, but not at that price. lol I don't mind grinding slowly, I just wanted to see what the game was beyond Liaodang for once.

Pna1Dra6on, Trevino and Rucket like this.
  9. Trevino

Trevino Member

LOVE YOU WOSHI!!!! :D

Pna1Dra6on and Veltaine like this.
  10. Pna1Dra6on

Pna1Dra6on Active Member

Word. <3 Wosh.

11. Pepsta83

Pepsta83 New Member

cashing in while they can.... nuff said

Veltaine likes this.
  12. Leonaria

Leonaria New Member

Everquest - 14.99 per month for gold - that includes cash as well as all access to game
    WoW - 14.99 per month
    Rapelz - I don't even spend money on this one all content available for free

Why do I even bother with this silly game....

Veltaine likes this.
  13. Veltaine

Veltaine Member

Come on GM, at least give us an opinion on this. :)

machatzi and Woshi like this.
  14. machatzi

machatzi Active Member

You are wrong that it costs 15$/month.
    15$ is only for the basic needs as you won't be able to compete against big wallets. So if you are planning to actually invest time to get something back, with 15$ you wont be even close to it.

15$/month=WASTE. NADA
    It's the same as not paying. so why even bother?

Oh boy how many people i know from acclaim time that want to play again.. but this P2W wall these publishers had built is blocking everyone outside.

While there are people willing to pay crazy money to have advantage, there will be these publishers killing the rest of us.
    I'm glad i stopped playing the moment they released that RIDICULOUS ITEM MALL. But I'm saying it again. ITS COMMUNITY'S FAULT, not RedFox. RedFox is doing business. What kind of business? "Grab as much as you can.. and FAST"

In any way, those people who are spending too much $$ for virtual power, they will end up fighting each other alone while all others are slowly quitting, until RG also give up on 9D and shut down the server like all previous publishers did.

15. sdadsfsa

sdadsfsa Active Member

With new game engine the price is justified . Think about it, the money was required for the developers to continue working. profit needs to be made at the end of the day.

Without the new engine, the price was too high, but the money was invested in order for 9D to move to the next level, not like they spent their money on beers ;)

16. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Is this game F2P (Free to play) ?

Yes it is.
    You can slowly grind like any others who don't even spend a penny in this game and become powerful like paid players. How? Go farm and grind. Once you change your grinding place to tibet, you'll know what I mean. You should be able to grind there at Hermit 3. I once made 100kk there. How did I do it? GO FARM AND GRIND. You guys haven't reached the level just yet and start complaining about the costs already? Be professional please. Once your level is like IM+, you can go farm lots of dungeons and you can sell the drops. Just do the stuffs, would you?

The developer needs enough money to keep the game going, that's why. You can't expect all games developers to put this "cheap" price on their malls. They're expensive? Yes they are. So how do I play? GO GRIND AND FARM. COLLECT DROPS. DONT LEAVE THEM CRYING ON THE GROUND.

17. DadSav

DadSav Member

There is some truth to this. You can work hard and be in the top 10% with limited money spent. But, try to acquire serious end of game items this way. Sure, you can get a couple end game items by mid HG just by farming, but you will die quickly to same level people who can obtain top weapon, flag, exe banners, beads, mkc, swc, BOFFM, etc.

And currently if you are black side you have very very limited access to TGW and all the goodies which come with that.

18. Missytouka

Missytouka Active Member

ppl just need to go to bp for pvp again it's boring now how pvp is now unless you're a ******* who pk low lvls

soloseff likes this.
  19. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

I think you're mistaken for my point here. My point is this game is F2P and you can become powerful as any other paid players. I'm telling you guys that it's not impossible and I didn't mention that 100kk is everything. You really need all those "expensive" items after a month of playing? No , right? Enjoy the game and your journey. 100kk a day, After 10 days? 1 billion. Yes you cannot become rich as faster as paid players can but it's NOT impossible. You're getting there but slow.

Back to the topic of this thread. 70-80 bil? If you have that much, then you are rich but that amount of money can buy everything that's needed to become "one" of the most powerful players in this game. You really need that much? I don't think so. My point is, you can play this game even if you don't spend a single penny but you're gonna start slow. That's it.

Aphamvn, Jordans23 and Okiku like this.
  20. Zaitrey

Zaitrey Active Member

Yes this is what I meant :)