8-Bit & NES Music Pack for Rumble Fighter

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Doppler, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Doppler

Doppler Member

KDStylez likes this.
  2. Turbeaux

Turbeaux New Member

Do you know how to get voices to work too?

3. Doppler

Doppler Member

voices? this is just a music pack.

4. Turbeaux

Turbeaux New Member

I figured that out already. It was just a question.

5. KDStylez

KDStylez Member

6. ProfessorZtar

ProfessorZtar Community Advisor (Rumble Fighter)

Voices are a bit trickier than music when it comes to changing them.
    There's a small window of time between when the Rumble Patcher finishes patching the game and when the Rumble Launcher login prompt appears. During that time frame is your chance to add the voices. (Just copy/paste the files with the correct names into the res/######Voice folder (I forgot what the number was on the folder, but I'm sure you can figure it out) and you should be good to go.)

Way back about a year ago, we didn't have to rely on that because we could just bypass the updater, but, unfortunately, there were to many morons taking advantage of that by messing with non-voice/music/map files to give themselves an edge against other players. I won't go into details about what they were doing just on the off chance we get that bypassing privilege back, but I will say they ended up being able to never get grabbed or countered because of their shenanigans, among other things.
    ... Perhaps Redfox should make a "customize sounds" option on the log-in prompt that would allow us to change only the music and voices, and save that setting so the game doesn't auto-patch the stuff out every time you try to load RF.

BY the way, that 8-bit sound pack is pretty good. However, I don't think I'll ever use it as I mainly play with music off (for recording purposes. :3)

tamirtov likes this.