[5/15/2018] What's New?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Patch Notes' started by [GM]Gourdy, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

If you gambled all your cash away, that's on you.

What was the point of posting this? Like it's new or something? It's not new. Everyone knows the boxes are a rip off and the rates are garbage. Anyone who buys boxes carat or RC deserves to have nothing.

I have a feeling we'll be better off without ya bud, now if only we could convince someone like @Draygashi to quit this game then we'd be making some real progress in hurting Nimonix's profit margins.

2. ughene

ughene Clean Up Crew

*Stretches*
    My purpose for posting this video was for nothing but some laughes and a side of salt.
    This video does show niminox or who ever comes up with these boxes that their rates are terrible.
    I also didn't give a damn about buying boxes since it's a GAME. "We" would be better off without big mouths like you.
    I think if you buy boxes then you DO deserve something out of it.
    All love though.

doston8 and Zeept like this.
  3. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

I hate to break it to you, but that's the way they designed them. They know the rates are ****, they want them to be ****.

Business 101
    You obviously do care if you ragequit over it, like I said we're better off without you. Natural selection exists in games as well.
    Your an idiot. That's like saying if you buy lottery tickets you deserve to win.

In conclusion, do us all a favor and gamble with your life the same way you gamble with carats.

Game Over

Tengu likes this.
  4. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Avalons are broken because anyone can stack 200+STR on their right arm and equip Dambe but only 1/1,000 will do that type of **** and even then just play better/smarter. You have equal opportunity of doing it back and if you don't then enjoy the free parts of the free game that you spent no money on to play which probably costed money and someone's time to make. b^^b

So you want a brand new game with new everything? You know what that means right? We lose ALL our items again because it's a new game but because it still has to be rumble fighter it'll be the same in the end. Everyone who wanted Plaza thought they knew what they wanted too till they got it too. By the way yes we did outlive Marvel because once a game is removed from the EVO main stage your game is on the way out the door. The game isn't receiving character updates so it's dead till they sell it again at full price with what should have been DLC.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Bl1tz and NeoStrayFox like this.
  5. waynelewy

waynelewy New Member

The only thing you brought up about avalon was STR. For what though? Are you going to ignore the other stats that exist? To top it off, gem-infused sets coupled with avalon is monstrous. And simply playing "smarter" does not suffice the impact of a lopsided battle that occurs because of seriously boosted stats that happens enough times. If you die within 10 or 15 hits, or your combos do pitiful damage, I guess by playing smarter you mean to "force lag" or some crap like that. That was a weak argument bro. You stating to play "smarter" when someone has a decked out avalon proves my point even further. P2 motherfuggin W.

You're still bringing up Marvel when these two games are a poor comparison. Marvel Infinite failed because it was overall TRASH. The budget was not incredibly high, but it was MUCH higher than the likes of RF. It is also on multiple platforms, not just PC. Sure, the mechanics were pretty solid, but it was a failure in all other areas of the game. Dragon Ball Fighterz is how you treat a game/franchise. Make the game look good, presentation is the first impression, which is the most important aspect of a game nowadays. Listen to your fans and make them happy, all the while drawing new fans in ie Maximilliandood who barely or never even watched anything DB beforehand. Seriously, Marvel shouldn't even be brought up, it's just another weak point in your argument, again.

Another thing, reboots and sequels typically don't immediately lead to cancellations of previous F2P online titles. We can see this with MapleStory. Also, Splash Fighters was up for a couple more years after GetAmped 2 launched. If Nimonix were to develop a reboot or sequel which turns out to be better than what we have now (which is very possible), then naturally, the game will be a success. Positive word of mouth with great advertisement would bring it a long way. But hey, I don't think Nimonix wants to do what I'm proposing here. Again, I'm unsure what the Gem Fighter side looks like as Nimonix might value the Korean version of the game more, but the RF side of things has been a slow-burn death which has increased over time. You can continue to be foolish if you disagree.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    MightyGunvolt likes this.
  6. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Speaking about stats and avalons

I think there should be stat caps on all fighting modes. Big stats should only matter in Boss Mode, where it is super beneficial for other players (faster clears).

Stats like Speed and Jump are very problematic in the fighting modes, because it gives an obvious tactical advantage, than something like str and arm. Air climbing becomes possible because of Jump sets, and Speed makes players near impossible to chase down, which makes team mode [or perhaps all the other fighting modes] a boring goose chase

waynelewy, doston8 and Phawnix like this.
  7. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

All true.

I have little faith in this game ever becoming balanced again though, if anything it will just get more broken.

waynelewy and Shana like this.
  8. toons

toons Well-Known Member

You're being too harsh.

What Nimonix should do is post the exact rates for each item instead of giving false hope with megaphone announcements.

The chance of getting full impact might be 1 out of 500 boxes. This would discourage some players from gambling. It's kind of like false advertisement or lying by omission if they stay quiet about the rates.

Phawnix likes this.
  9. Phawnix

Phawnix Clean Up Crew

No
    Yes

10. doston8

doston8 Well-Known Member

Ahem, you forgot that you can become counter god and thus avalon does 0 dmg. Ahem, become prediction god on top of counter god and now its gg. Put in the WORK son. I also have to mention, I don't personally own an avalon but most of the people I fight with avalon (mostly on glacier) are all GOOD. They earned their right to have that sht on fr fr. There are some bad ones but like the majority are really good, so like I doubt them taking it off would affect their win rate that much tbh.

Tengu likes this.
  11. doston8

In B4 someone says "they're not good, you're just trash!"

12. waynelewy

waynelewy New Member

As far as PVP goes, someone being "good" does not justify the implementation and use of P2W aspects in a FIGHTING game smh. You've failed to provide a competent counter-argument toward my point along with the other guy. "Ahem, you forgot that you can become counter god and thus avalon does 0 dmg. Ahem, become prediction god on top of counter god and now its gg. Put in the WORK son." You can't even counter exo skills, did you forget about that or something? I'll take a guess at you believing that becoming some "prediction gad" will solve the one-sided battle which worsens once the avalon user exos up, which is hilarious man. But I gotta say, thank you for further proving my point. Someone has to unrealistically "git gud" af (which is a dumb solution to propose) to counter something that's pretty much game breaking compared to what RF used to be. Avalon is P2W. Point blank period. And that wasn't even the main point from my initial post either.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
    WhoYu likes this.
  13. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

You can get A ranks by combining the gems you get from the 3000 carat chests so Avalon is about as pay to win as Shaman, Assassin/Saver and everything else people griped about before. There are far more p2w things in RF but in the end if you're good it doesn't affect you. If you think avalons are bad during the OGP transfer period there were people with +200 to all stats GM shirt.

doston8 and Flamekiller like this.
  14. doston8

Z to block, now exo does 0 dmg too. Plan accordingly, if they exo on an edge map, lure to the edge and knock em off with your own exo or something. It's as you say, the game is a fighting game and in fighting games strategy is key. Another thing, you make it seem as if no one can earn money to spend a couple bucks on this game. It's not even that expensive compared to other games. 50 bucks gives you a really good chance to get some rare scrolls on this game, if you feel like 50 won't get you sht then save up for next time and make it 100, still bad? Ok, 200. If you don't wanna spend 50 bucks either thats ok, 10 bucks can get you a scroll or exo off rip which you can get on the survey website in like 2 hrs if you are a beginner. If you are young, ask parents to put you to work for some cash. If that fails, go do surveys. As a past broke boi currently leveling up in the game of life, I can assure you, there are ways to make a quick buck to spend on this game.

15. Shana

Shana Creator of Heartseeker, SF, IAS, BD & CC

Draygashi is really leaving

that's a huge statement to the game

with all the rares and +10 gems he has, the level of experience he has in the game, all the youtube videos + suggestion content he created, the level of passion he has for this game, and the number of years he spent playing, I can't imagine someone like him quitting this game

this is a damaging blow to the Rumble Fighter community, and should be taken seriously

16. RumbleNomad

RumbleNomad Well-Known Member

It really is only a matter of time, I mean this game has been chugging for 11 years or so we're going out without a bang, but with a whimper.

Shana likes this.
  17. doston8

Conspiracy Theory:
    All the top spenders are GM's for the game RF in disguise. They are paying to win their own game and thus keep the game alive with their own paychecks while still having much more shillings on the side to do whatever with. Draygashi, secretly working for the RuF company gathering dirt on the game to improve the game. The fact that he is leaving means he has gathered enough data to send back to RuF headquarters. We will now await the changes that his data from years of playing RuF will contribute.

Edit: When one leaves, another one enters

18. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

yo my boy fix blood dragon clothes they broken dawg cant equip them shts man

19. Starberry

Starberry Community Moderator (RuF) Discord Admin (RuF & 9D) Forum Moderator

If I told you the reason for it, I think your blood would boil as much as mine.

You can still equip them in Build Up, but that's about it.

20. Draygashi

Draygashi World Record (Al Hata), CUC

You still don't even know the half of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.