« Karasu » (sneaky edit)

Discussion in 'Scroll' started by Panthaero, Apr 5, 2017.

?

Yet another Tekken based scroll in game?

1. Yes please

26 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. foh naruto wannabe

4 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

I meant it was an evade mid combo but they couldn't block the follow up which would mean the last attack before the mid combo evade had mad stun to do that. It was part of an idea I was talking to someone about during the original host of this game that as it when on just became scroll creation joking.

2. Panthaero

Panthaero Well-Known Member

Good thing that's a joke lol I wouldn't want that much stun on a punch lol. Even with little recovery it just sounds like abuse.

Darkster23 likes this.
  3. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Up voted regardless of progress, I trust it'll be good regardless at this point. My suggestions

Recycle a little from RF i.e. get a GIF of DHNs punch, use the ninjitsu necksnap grab etc

Panthaero likes this.
  4. Panthaero

Deletes everything, copy pastes from that KoF gif site until nothing but generic 6 input kit.

Your input is always valuable, so thank you. I'll make sure it keeps improving until I'm satisfied.

BJJFromGJJ likes this.
  5. 12characters

12characters Well-Known Member

where's the stance at ;o

6. Panthaero

Man, idk about all that. I just know how the combo af

7. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Scratch the extra input on the game and make it just a one input grab. The devs are gonna do that anwyays no doubt.
    KKPP I feel should have a confirmation poke input before the grab.
    PPKK shouldnt dunk since Shadow Ninjitsu's similar attacks dont dunk

8. Panthaero

o ye praise the donald

Damn, might as well make it the counter then...
    KKPP is just supposed to snatch up people trying to walk out of the unblockable kick, so i dont mind it lacking any confirmation. By the time you input kkp, you should already know whether you wanna launch or grab.
    Shadow's K K+G

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  9. Panthaero

Normally don't talk about my edits but here goes.

PPPP felt like it would be easy to turn on, since the third input has no hitstun. Changing fourth input to a command grab so that people don't just mindlessly turn strike. Other punches are perf.

KKPP removed as pppp will get it's command grab and kkpk feels like it should stand on its own as the risk reward wombo.

K+G being made. It throws em behind you. Or maybe I'll make character flip over attacker and ground them. Would obviously **** for moon but I guess this isn't really a moon scroll?

G+P I swear this isn't a ninjutsu scroll

I kinda wanna mess with the jump punch since Raven has blind ghost and no one jump punches.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  10. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Shadow's K(G+K) actually does a dunk attack, the PPPP and KKKK spiral kick that your combo uses doesn't use that animation.

11. Panthaero

Should just be like geum and geum se, where the third kick has the same animation and different properties.

12. Gearman

Gearman Active Member

I honestly don't see what the big deal is about the slide and shadow kick. Xingyiquan does just about the same thing with its "->G" an edited version of that with the shadow spawning sooner than S.Ninj with a lift effect on the trip and the moves done. The only difference is they would change it from a right slide to a left slide.

@0:25
    Set speed to 0.25 to see it slowed down.

Panthaero likes this.
  13. Panthaero

Edited the counter from a "poof" behind to a vault behind that grounds the enemy. It'll be easier to copy paste from Shaolin snake, and being right behind a grounded player just screams kkpk. Finally done with this trash idea.

blame tengu af

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  14. Dkxcrow

Dkxcrow Member

I see you updates or a bit support as always it's going to be interesting how people play with this scroll

Panthaero likes this.
  15. Panthaero

Haha, no hope of this getting in game but it was fun to make. Thank you for the support mr. oldgen.

16. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

I'd cut the KP and add some form of a KKPP/KKPPP/KKPPK etc combo back because its not technically a 6th combo, its a different exit for your 5th combo's string so its not giving the scroll too much versatility. Maybe like a handspring->grab like the PPPP.

17. Panthaero

True, might as well go hitman with this, so KP is currently ded. Now we just need a function for this KKPP(P/K).
    I dont think it would be a good idea to copy the second half of PPPP because that basically relies on opponents blocking as users tumble through them. KKP alone screams "counter! hit me! do something!" so an extra input where you arent invincible and arent making contact sounds like a bad recipe.
    That said I dont think KKPP should have any kind of invincibility. Itd be lame af. If anything it should be a mix-up that aims to punish KKPK counters. I imagine that if a Karasu user began KKP an opponent would expect the launcher next and try to cuck them with either a counter, walking to the side, maybe trading (if they have say boran).
    Counters are kind of moot in this case, because we cant grab and the best way around it would be to stop at KKP altogether which doesnt help us structure KKPP(P/K). Drifting is weak to wide hitboxes, and trades lose out to command grabs. With the threat of a counter or trade, a command grab offers an advantage in at least one of those situations. Still not sure on whether there should be a follow up input.
    most of what comes to mind for raven grab animations either ground them or put you behind him (ninja magic style) but Ill go look through his movelist again. though I could probably make it kinda broken since animations in RF are just little cinematics that displace characters involved. It could mechanically work as a dash behind that causes them to panic stagger as the animation. Fantastic on connect, but assuming you trade and their hit knocks you out of the animation they would be at a huge disadvantage.
    Anyways thoughts?
    enjoy wall of text

18. Tengu

Tengu Creator of Savate

Honestly its that "HIT ME!" in the KKP that makes me feel the handspring makes a lot of sense following a setup move that does nothing but leave the user vulnerable. It also flows very well. Im just working off whats in front of me. Surprise me!

19. NeoStrayFox

NeoStrayFox Clean Up Crew

Support.

20. Panthaero

This is also true, im just going to loop his movelist til i can decide.
    o ye bb