[Warning] FMOD : Initialize Fail [Error initializing output device]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aizen, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Aizen

Aizen New Member

2. Fullneo

Fullneo Well-Known Member

Try to make sure you have you GPU drivers and Sound drivers both updated

3. Aizen

Aizen New Member

Thanks for the reply; I've got everything updated to the latest drivers. I think it could possible be a GameGuard issue as I get the following error on Lineage 2 when i try to launch it:

History: alcOpenDevice <- UALAudioSubsystem::Init <- UEngine::InitAudio <- UGameEngine::OpenInitialViewport <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

FMOD is an audio program from what I gathered and L2 is giving me audio errors but what makes me think its GG is that in both games, the crashing is very similar; It will crash every other program that I have opened as well, for example Google Chrome will crash and so will any other program I have open, regardless of what it is. The crashing pattern in both games is identical.

I've already given up on playing Lineage 2... looks I may never be able to play this game either because I just can't find a solution for this at all. I even contacted technical support for L2 and they couldn't fix it for me.

4. dixbutts

dixbutts Well-Known Member

Go into your 9Dragons Awaken install folder, and post the EOD.log file for a GM to forward to the developers.

Icynoob likes this.
  5. Aizen

Aizen New Member

I've included it in the post, had to change it to .txt file because I couldn't upload otherwise.

I should mention that I get upto the Generating Interface part in the game loading screen after which the program stops responding.

Attached Files:

• EOD.txt
      File size:
      16.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member

Your EOD file literally only says that it cannot start the fmod and once it fails it closes. The issue is definitely sound driver related.

Before launching the game, select another sound driver or check the sound driver at BIOS. A lot of on board sound chipsets cause issues for this game.

Icynoob likes this.
  7. Aizen

Aizen New Member

Nothing working, looks like I'll have to give up on this unless realtek somehow releases new drivers.

8. Blitzcronk

Blitzcronk Well-Known Member