Will they ever market this game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheOnlyRamGod, Sep 15, 2023.

1. TheOnlyRamGod

TheOnlyRamGod Member

This will probably be my last forum post as the forums are extremely dry for the most part and I'll just stick to gameplay, but will they ever truly market this game? Computer gaming is at an all time high now especially with streaming services and sometimes I feel like they can market the game and gain a decent amount of players, on the other hand I don't think there's enough time or money put to make gameplay better so new players may get bored easily... Maybe rumble fighter needs funding?

2. Drvgoon

Drvgoon Member

Most likely not, more players mean more demand and more work for them so they're probably hella comfortable with the small group of players they barely have to maintain

ToulueVang and Yeezus like this.
  3. Deltro

Deltro Clean Up Crew

The last time this game was ever known to a wider audience was the steam release, and it pretty much got review bombed. That'd pretty much make anybody hesitant in promoting this game.

I think the closest thing we got to a big YouTuber ever covering this game was MMOhut back in like..... 2012?

4. DDinero

DDinero New Member

I want to be a part of the marketing team for this game.

I'll turn this b*tch up, no lie.

5. DDinero

DDinero New Member

Who doesn't want more money?

Redfox is sitting on a cash cow.

6. MikuruX

MikuruX New Member

Cash cow....? If you REALLY think of this game as a cash cow, please answer these questions:

1. What is it about Gem Fighter that makes you want to play it?

2. Why do you think people should give this game (be it that's over a decade old) a try?

3. Why should someone who play this decide to invest in a decade old game such as this?

4. What can Gem Fighter provide to potential new players?

5. What is it about Gem Fighter that makes it stand out amongst its competitors (if there are any of its kind)?

6. What is it about Gem Fighter that can be improved to make people more inclined to stick with it?

Keep in mind, these are the most basic of questions that need to be answered. Also, I'm pretty sure the developers are really hitting a dry spell (if not already have) on what more they can do with this game in its current iteration. Gem Fighter is probably running on a very fine line on being at the end of its production if the developers can't bring something new or fresh to the the game that will have people to come back or new players to try out. From my returning experience with this current version of this game, this game has not evolved from its basic gameplay structure since its conception. Outside of new fighting styles & exocores, nothing....and I put a big emphasis on NOTHING has changed about its core gameplay. As a person who was with the game from its very start on OGPlanet, there is nothing new with this game that makes me want to continue to invest time in it outside of nostalgia (and even that is little since everyone I played with or knew from those days are off doing better things, maybe).

As a person on the outside, all I have is speculations to run on with what I see in this game and its community right now. But as a person who has experience with working for an online game publisher like PlayRedFox (keep in mind, I'm a former GM for S4 League back during the Alaplaya days), I have some idea as to how these things work although in this case, again, it's all speculation I draw on from past experiences. In all honesty, I don't believe this game to be a cash cow because there is nothing to make a person to keep spending money on this game if you've already bought everything in the game which is where the problem lies.

7. Aegis

Aegis New Member

who are you? whats up with these random ramgod wannabes?

also i like you want marketing but like ignored fundamental problems within the game kek