RFBR

Discussion in 'Game Modes' started by Reptar, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Reptar

Reptar Member

ROYALE RUMBLE or RFBR for short, could have been the name of their Battle Royale game mode.

HERE IS MY SUGGESTION:

You enter the game with whatever set you want, but stat bonuses are nullified to base stats of your class. In other words, sets are all cosmetic in this gamemode.

It would be a full side scrolling map that encompasses all of the different multiplayer maps throughout the game, plus maybe some boss mode stages (because some of them are cool).

As opposed to jumping from a flying (insert whatever), you choose your starting location. Either Moonlight Valley, Zen Temple, Blacktop, etc.

Here is where we can get creative. We could either find carats in chests, and eliminated players, and award players for every elimination/assist to then take to various shopkeepers around the map and purchase a scroll/exo. OR we could just find scrolls/exos in boxes throughout the map, with a possibility to find rares as well. OR we just select 5 scrolls from our inventory in My Character and the game randomly selects one for us to use.

When you eliminate another player, you get to choose to equip their cosmetic set, scroll, bombs, potions, and exocores, via a coffin that drops in the place they’re eliminated.

A game show approach similar to Apex Legends could also be implemented in the way the game progresses. For example, character quips and dances could be added, and new ones could be implemented to give people a reason to buy more stuff. And of course, you can’t have a BR without a storm.

Toxic gas encloses the map forcing players closer and closer as the game progresses, and I think it would be cool to have a random interval implemented in the time it takes the gas to begin closing, as that would ensure a unique experience and no 2 games would ever be the same!

TL/DR: I know this is a pipe dream. Red Fox/Nimonix really missed the ball with this opportunity.